Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    im going to have to argue with the satellite company yo get ROOT back. asshats took it from my package for whatever reason
    They know you run the Mariners forum so they know you'll pay extra just to have ROOT back. Its called leverage Mopp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    As I get older, yes. I think back at how many times he ignored me and wouldn't sign autographs. He was my idol and he couldn't give me the time of day.
    Griffey has really changed since then though it seems lol back then he would call up the radio and be so into himself like he was the greatest thing ever which he kind of was being the face of the MLB.

Now it seems like he has matured going down and mentoring our Minor Leaguers and stuff i know its kind of a sweet job to have but he could really just retire and not be heard from again.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 01-29-2013 at 03:34 PM.

vCash
    Sadly I agree Jr was the reason I got into baseball and also the sole reason I fell in love with the m's. But for as many games as I went to, always sitting directly behind him, not once could I get his attention.

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

vCash
    Meant to quote Ian*

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner_mojo View Post
    They know you run the Mariners forum so they know you'll pay extra just to have ROOT back. Its called leverage Mopp.
    yeah its annoying. i lost it early last season so i didnt watch much last year and was to busy to care. i would like it back again for this year

vCash
    My friends dad works for TV stations and such, and he said Griffey was an *******. Funny, and could be nice at times, but overall was just cocky and sarcastic.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    As I get older, yes. I think back at how many times he ignored me and wouldn't sign autographs. He was my idol and he couldn't give me the time of day.
    Sore butt still?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Of course I am.

vCash
    I just want my pic with the guy. Always been my hero. After I get my pic with him I will kick him in the nuts for ya

vCash
    I want my pic with him too!

I've got such ambivalence towards him. It's definitely a love-dislike relationship.

vCash
    well we should all be glad we are not scrutinized to the level of Jr.

he was so freakin talented tho. good lord he was good, if you also make note he had a lackluster work ethic, his talent was nothing short of sensational, and we got to watch him every day.

trout and harper are the 2 best young OFers to come along in years at essentially the same but they got a long ways to go be in the jr, bonds class. even pre roids bonds was phenomenal. its easy to see trout and harper come up and think they are going to be the best players you ever seen but if you challenge yourself to remember just how great bonds and jr were, its not likely they can get there, maybe, but there is a long ways to go.

bonds was an unapologetic ********, i kinda respect it in a way.
    Last edited by Rain City; 01-30-2013 at 10:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan8585 View Post
    Sadly I agree Jr was the reason I got into baseball and also the sole reason I fell in love with the m's. But for as many games as I went to, always sitting directly behind him, not once could I get his attention.
    I hit him with a Skittle when he was standing in CF when I was a kid. He turned and looked and I was ****ing terrified.

...but I love him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I hit him with a Skittle when he was standing in CF when I was a kid. He turned and looked and I was ****ing terrified.

...but I love him.
    that must have been an awesome throw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    that must have been an awesome throw
    It wasn't, it was before the game and he was like a couple feet in front of the warning track. I had already thrown a few before I hit him. I was with some other kids and when he saw it probably came from us he just looked at us and let it go. I thought I was dead in the water, but Junior was cool.

vCash
    I hate moving.... I am so lazy about packing. Two days to pack and get all my **** moved into my place or storage... we'll see if I succeed. Its always down to the wire, every time I move...

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast