Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Glad i wasn't the only one who caught that

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Wow you must be a genius if you got from the post we need HOF players at Qb, Hb, and WR. I don't think anybody else took that from the pst but you and I won't even respond further on it.
    well every example you used just happened to be exactly what rawz said

"

vCash
    I could go into my background but it is irrelevant. “Ratliff was not slurring his words and seemed to be moving around quite well given the wreck,” Barch wrote. Barch is the cop. Ok so a big guy drank some alcohol was seemingly not intoxicated and got behind the wheel. People make mistakes, stop being a hypocrit and/or stupid because if everyone who ever made mistakes was fired , no one would have jobs.

If Ratliff were to come up with big plays and help us get to the SB next year like Stallworth did for the Patriots I am good with it, however I expect you to curse JJ and the team for allowing such a horrible person to help our team get there. Would I like players who play hard, physical football with that killer mentality, but were Saints otherwise, sure why not, but I'll take some DUIs, fighting, and other low level charges I can chalk up to poor judgement. They are football players many of which come from questionable backgrounds, levels of intelligence and education, who have a certain mentality, are young, famous and recently rich, so I do not expect them to be role models and always make the best decisions. I am not sure you grasp this and if you really just have a false impressions and expectations of these athletes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    I used glory hole years because JJ used that term to talk about the good old days, but I do imagine plenty of glory hole was going around to the super bowl champs..

Now i'm not saying we need a team full of hardcore players but I expect the leaders to be. Deion Sanders said it perfect we have to many followers and not enough lone rangers on this team. No team has ever won a SB with no leader and being a bunch of sweet panzies. I want Suh in Dallas so bad. I remember my old coach saying he gets a woody when he see his players punching people in the nuts and knocking di##s in the dirt. LOL its creepy now but we all bought into the system and we wanted to knock di%% in the dirt so we could get our stickers AKA di## knocking sticks as we called them.
    i think when a coach talks about nuts and doohickies all while referencing the state of his own shalaylee he may be interested in something entirely different.

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    again, im not sure where this choir boy thing came in.

you can have great, players that arent getting in trouble all the time
    jj watt, dware, sean lee, tyron smith, calvin johnson, larry fitz, patrick peterson, jason witten, JPP, tuck, cruz,

many, many, many others.

you dont have to be perfect. just dont be a ******. dont do drugs. dont put yourself in bad situations, repeatedly. if you do mess up, own up to it, and dont do it again. dont be a pacman, and after 10 arrest, keep going to strip clubs.

seriously...
    not that much to ask for, honestly.
    My friend i agree. today's society is trying to force bad actions, mindsets, and ways of life down the throats of others as perfectly acceptable ways of life.

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    again, im not sure where this choir boy thing came in.

you can have great, players that arent getting in trouble all the time
    jj watt, dware, sean lee, tyron smith, calvin johnson, larry fitz, patrick peterson, jason witten, JPP, tuck, cruz,

many, many, many others.

you dont have to be perfect. just dont be a ******. dont do drugs. dont put yourself in bad situations, repeatedly. if you do mess up, own up to it, and dont do it again. dont be a pacman, and after 10 arrest, keep going to strip clubs.

seriously...
    not that much to ask for, honestly.
    Cool an what have any of those players won? Any SBs? The Giants players won the SB but none of those other players have. JPP and some of those guys aren't really your role models dumping teammates in ice tubs and fighting with each other. Not sure if the Giants players were involved in any legal issues aside from Brandon Jacobs if I remember correctly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baazinakon View Post
    I could go into my background but it is irrelevant. “Ratliff was not slurring his words and seemed to be moving around quite well given the wreck,” Barch wrote. Barch is the cop. Ok so a big guy drank some alcohol was seemingly not intoxicated and got behind the wheel. People make mistakes, stop being a hypocrit and/or stupid because if everyone who ever made mistakes was fired , no one would have jobs.

If Ratliff were to come up with big plays and help us get to the SB next year like Stallworth did for the Patriots I am good with it, however I expect you to curse JJ and the team for allowing such a horrible person to help our team get there. Would I like players who play hard, physical football with that killer mentality, but were Saints otherwise, sure why not, but I'll take some DUIs, fighting, and other low level charges I can chalk up to poor judgement. They are football players many of which come from questionable backgrounds, levels of intelligence and education, who have a certain mentality, are young, famous and recently rich, so I do not expect them to be role models and always make the best decisions. I am not sure you grasp this and if you really just have a false impressions and expectations of these athletes.
    1. Stop with the insults, it doesn't help anyones case.

2. How do you know that if stricter penalties were enforced people would still commit the same amount of crimes and or mistakes?

There's a difference here. Drinking and Driving is not an accident. You have to drink the alcohol to a point of intoxication. Those are choices. If a 32 year old man doesn't realize it's against the law, forgets what just happened to a teammate, and or thinks the rules don't apply to him then this sort of man is headed for a lot of trouble.

Only the morally questionable will think and act like this is acceptable. And BTW, when was the last time Ratliff was irreplaceable?

Lastly, famous people are always in the eyes of society because ummm being famous mean's the public knows who you are and has some form of investment in you. It's the entire premise behind being famous. Part of what makes you famous is that people look up to you so you have an obligation to set forth a good example. How and why people are trying to argue that famous people shouldn't be role models and shouldn't have any affect on the upbringing of a child is absurd. People are always influenced by their surroundings. It's part of being human.

"

vCash
    Cool an what have any of those players won? Any SBs? The Giants players won the SB but none of those other players have. JPP and some of those guys aren't really your role models dumping teammates in ice tubs and fighting with each other. Not sure if the Giants players were involved in any legal issues aside from Brandon Jacobs if I remember correctly.
    The argument was on good players not super bowls. But if we have to talk about super bowls i could list plenty of names of good players with morality.

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    when did he say he wanted a choir boy? And when have famous people not been role models?
    He didn't outright say choir boys but he wants people who are squeaky clean. As I referenced in one of my posts in this page, many NFL players come from questionable backgrounds, upbringing, education, intelligence, etc., with a certain type of mentality required to play the game, who are now famous, wealthy, and have their egos going through the roof, so I don't expect these athletes/entertainers to be role models or make the best decisions all the time.

Yea all rich people and public figures are model citizens and should be role models. It takes someone of weak character and low intelligence to believe or expect that. So all the singers/rappers, movie stars, athletes, Congressmen, Presidents, very successful business people are role models? LMFAO, most of the aforementioned are horrible people but are very successful. Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Bill Clinton, George Bush, Abe Lincoln and even more countless examples of the others, have done a lot of immoral things to reach the success they did and get what they wanted. Please don't be so naive.

vCash
    what's said is that if Ratliff caused an accident with the same alcohol level and or killed someone the song a few people in here are singing would be entirely different. So commit a crime just don't kill anyone in the process, so crime is now defined as whether or not you commit murder. Wake up people.

Ironically if one of your loved ones was involved in an accident by Ratliff I'm almost certain the song would also change.

So for someone to be punished it has to happen after the loss of life, yet preventing bad behavior by implementing stricter policies and rules, enforcing said rules, and having morality as guiding force lives the quality of life and the longevity of life greatly increase.

How anyone can argue that drinking and driving is acceptable is beyond me. How it's actually gotten so deeply ingrained into your minds as acceptable is incredible. Yet no one, not one single person has ever been able to prove your safer and better off when someone is drunk behind the wheel. Please feel free to prove this.

This conversation is ridiculous. Nearly 1/2 of all driving accidents included alcohol. 16,000 people are killed each year in alcohol related accidents, one person is killed every 1/2 hour due to drunk driving, Every other minute a person is seriously injured in an alcohol related crash, About two-thirds of DUI convictions are for first time offenders, More than one-third of all fatal traffic accidents involve at least one person with a BAC over 0.08%, Young legal drinkers, ages 21 to 34, are responsible for more alcohol-related fatal crashes than any other age group. The existing data confirms that drivers in this age group comprises more than half of all the impaired drivers involved in alcohol related fatal crashes. Another drunk driving statistic shows that this age group has the highest average blood alcohol concentration in fatal crashes.

Those are cold hard facts that can't be disputed. Just stop with the nonsense argument that drinking and driving is a poor judgment case. Just stop

"

vCash
    1. Stop with the insults, it doesn't help anyones case.

2. How do you know that if stricter penalties were enforced people would still commit the same amount of crimes and or mistakes?

There's a difference here. Drinking and Driving is not an accident. You have to drink the alcohol to a point of intoxication. Those are choices. If a 32 year old man doesn't realize it's against the law, forgets what just happened to a teammate, and or thinks the rules don't apply to him then this sort of man is headed for a lot of trouble.

Only the morally questionable will think and act like this is acceptable. And BTW, when was the last time Ratliff was irreplaceable?

Lastly, famous people are always in the eyes of society because ummm being famous mean's the public knows who you are and has some form of investment in you. It's the entire premise behind being famous. Part of what makes you famous is that people look up to you so you have an obligation to set forth a good example. How and why people are trying to argue that famous people shouldn't be role models and shouldn't have any affect on the upbringing of a child is absurd. People are always influenced by their surroundings. It's part of being human.
    Being famous just means you provide a service to the public and have become very popular or achieved a certain role that thrusts you into the spotlight. Regardless see my post above this one that addresses public figures.

I defended why Ratliff may have believed that he was sober enough to operate a vehicle an used evidence from a professional trained to detect all signs of intoxication, which Ratliff is not. He made a mistake, hopefully now they realize any alcohol means that they should not drive. Don't cut Ratliff based on this alone. When did I say Ratliff wasn't irreplaceable? He would be a real help to our squad if healthy. Personally that's why I am more upset that he was drinkig like that. I want him to be getting his body in shape for the season and drinking a bunch of alcohol doesn't help you workout and train to get back to form.

I asked him not to be a hypocrit or stupid. Not an insult, just a reasonable request.

vCash
    well every example you used just happened to be exactly what rawz said
    I said get players to fill that role that those players played on the team. I was using the 90's team as a format to build a winning program, not togo sign all HOF players. I also mentioned Charles haley, Nate Newton, Ken norton, Erik Williams and non are in the HOF. We need a QB with leadership and poise to win a SB that doesn't mean we have to sign Tom Brady it means find a Qb with those traits.
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    The argument was on good players not super bowls. But if we have to talk about super bowls i could list plenty of names of good players with morality.
    He asked if we would sacrifice SBs for having players who are squeaky clean good guys and going winless. He then listed off a bunch of great players who are good guys and I just reminded him that is cool those guys don't get in trouble, but the ones who meet his criteria haven't won anything.

vCash
    i bet every single one of you have drank some booze and then drove home. Don't give me the bull crap and tell me your a saint and wouldn't do it becaus eits against the law. Everyone on this planet has done something against the law and nobody here is perfect or you would be GOD.
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    He didn't outright say choir boys but he wants people who are squeaky clean. As I referenced in one of my posts in this page, many NFL players come from questionable backgrounds, upbringing, education, intelligence, etc., with a certain type of mentality required to play the game, who are now famous, wealthy, and have their egos going through the roof, so I don't expect these athletes/entertainers to be role models or make the best decisions all the time.

Yea all rich people and public figures are model citizens and should be role models. It takes someone of weak character and low intelligence to believe or expect that. So all the singers/rappers, movie stars, athletes, Congressmen, Presidents, very successful business people are role models? LMFAO, most of the aforementioned are horrible people but are very successful. Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Bill Clinton, George Bush, Abe Lincoln and even more countless examples of the others, have done a lot of immoral things to reach the success they did and get what they wanted. Please don't be so naive.
    1. Now when did he say Squeaky Clean?

2. You're an adult. The people who think athletes and entertainers are role models are kids.

3. Now I'm naive yet you believe acting immoral is acceptable?

I think you and Blacknell need to imagine what it would be like if you were the one hurt on the road by a drunk driver. Put yourself in those shoes, maybe put a loved one in the same shoes. I'd bet your tones would be entirely different.

You and blacknell are in the minority here. Do some research. You will find that most American's either believe the punishment is not severe enough or believe drunk driving is not acceptable. I'm not going to post the facts, the research, or the evidence because people will ignore the truth.

"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast