Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jerry needs to do this!!!!!

When Dallas won the Super bowl we had leaders and hardcore players on the team. Yet now we don't have any of that, so why doesn't Jerry mold this team after teams of glory hole years?
    1. Strong QB leadership- Aikman was a pure leader as the Qb for 3 Sb teams- Now Romo is everything but a leader and he is quick to blame others for his mistakes. Wish he had Tebow's heart, but we need to find a QB with Leadership and poise it we are to win again
    Verdict-Romo is not the option to win us a super bowl

2.Tough RB- I like Murray but geez he is hurt more than anybody I know, he needs to play through some injuries, which will give the people aroung him a spark. Emmit Smith played through a dislocated shoulder and made the offense click. If murray can stay healthy this is him

3. Offensive play maker with high energy who not only makes plays, but can fire up the offense.
    We actually replaced this last season with Dez Bryant as he is filling the role Michael Irvin played. SOLVED

4. Great offensive line play- We had Larry Allen, Nate Newton,Eric Williams in the 90's. Jerry needs to go back to the huge strong smash mouth type of O-line that won him 3 SB. We are 4 O-line short of getting back to the glory hole days of the line. We had no weakness on the line in the glory hole days and now we have 4 major weaknesses. Gotta put together a line that is huge and strong and nasty.

5. Defense needs to be down right nasty plain and simple and we lack that big time. During the Glory Hole days Charles haley our defensive leader wasn't out helping up Qb's and smiling on the damn football field. Your supposed to hate who you play even if there your best friend until the game is over. Nothing pains me more than to see a friendly defense being lead by a friendly star LB, main reason I want Ware traded.
    Summary to get back to glory hole days in order
    1. HC with some balls and will get in a players face no matter who he is and at the same time can get players respect where they play harder for him. Need Jimmy Johnson type coach

2. Need a QB that is the unquestioned leader and most posied on the team- Need a troy Aikman

3. Nasty defense that puts fear into other teams and hate to lose. Need players with personality of Charles haley, and Ken Norton

4. Need some take charge players and not followers on this team. Can't win without and leaders and a team full of followers

5. huge and powerful OL who dominate the line of scrimmage
    Get those filled and we win the ship
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    might as well just hop in a time machine and head on back to the 90s huh...lol

hopefully this teams heads in the right direction...I'm seriusly doubting if "winning" is even an objective
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    wow. your a genius. how hasnt anyone else thought of this??

so basically, we need a HOF qb, HOF RB, HOF wr, one of the greatest offensive lines ever, and a top 5 defense, that possess maybe a, IDK, a darren woodson, or a deion sanders? charles haley type?

awesome...

man, we should have done this a decade ago!!

i wonder why we havent done this yet?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    When Dallas won the Super bowl we had leaders and hardcore players on the team. Yet now we don't have any of that, so why doesn't Jerry mold this team after teams of glory hole years?
    Really??????

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Really??????
    lol I saw that and thought maybe his autocorrect is used to typing that?

I do agree with the OP that we need some vocal leaders who are also able to lead with their play on the field. While everyone here was killing Dez for ranting and raving and going nuts on the sideline, I was saying I love that the kid has so much heart and passion for the game. Sean Lee and Bruce Carter also seem to have some leadership qualities that should hopefully continue to show themselves in the coming years.

We do need a QB who isn't afraid to get on his players and wouldn't rather just go back to the Frat house to chug some beers and his some golf balls when people mess up and they miss the play-offs.

We also need a safety who strikes some fear in the hearts of the WRs, TEs, and RBs. Both teams in the SB this weekend have two safeties that are very good and will hit opponents hard.

Jason Witten and Ware are our leaders right now, but they are not vocal and are too nice. They don't get on their teammates, they don't have a mean streak and seem to want to play nice with their opponents. I think both want to win, but I think Ware especially has kind of come to accept that this team isn't going anywhere and just does what he can.

Also, while I am kind of a fan of Jerry, this is where he is going to screw us. We need Gruden or Cowher, two coaches with similar mentality to Johnson, two coaches that will instill that mean streak and competitive edge in our players, not this punk *** right kind of guy deal that JG is selling.

I am not saying I want a team of thugs and criminals, but I want a team of people with a certain, killer and competitive mentality. Aside from Jerry Jones, Dez and maybe Sean Lee, we have a bunch of fresh bakes soft cookies in the organization. We have a bunch of nice guys who will console each other and the opponents. If any of you guys have Verizon, you can go on Video On Demand and watch the SB games and America's Game shows where you can see the mentality of the Cowboys players and Jimmy Johnson during those SB winning seasons.

vCash
    I believe you can have killer instincts (smash mouth, tough, fearless, 100% engine, full throttle guys) and be morally sound at the same time.

No one is asking for choir boys we want players who bring positive attention not negative. How we got on Ratliff's crime and choir boys is confusing. The fans who value morality love the Cowboys very much. So much so to the point where they want the Cowboys organization to have class and represent excellence. You can't represent excellence if your players are immoral and making poor decisions.

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    I believe you can have killer instincts (smash mouth, tough, fearless, 100% engine, full throttle guys) and be morally sound at the same time.

No one is asking for choir boys we want players who bring positive attention not negative. How we got on Ratliff's crime and choir boys is confusing. The fans who value morality love the Cowboys very much. So much so to the point where they want the Cowboys organization to have class and represent excellence. You can't represent excellence if your players are immoral and making poor decisions.
    I disagree here, Rawz wants role models/choir boys.

I agree, and I want people of high moral character and capable of consistently making good decisions. I am however, willing to accept 90s Cowboys level of infractions, for 90s Cowboys level performance all day long. Although Rawz says that he was a fan of those Cowboys teams, they fail to meet his criteria for what he would accept and would rather not have that team and go winless.

**** happens and if you fire every player or person from every position or job in the world because they make a mistake like getting behind the wheel after having two too many drinks than an unreasonably low law states, or sagging your pants, or cursing, or speeding, or fighting, or etc., then no one would have jobs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baazinakon View Post

I agree, and I want people of high moral character and capable of consistently making good decisions. I am however, willing to accept 90s Cowboys level of infractions, for 90s Cowboys level performance all day long. Although Rawz says that he was a fan of those Cowboys teams, they fail to meet his criteria for what he would accept and would rather not have that team and go winless.

**** happens and if you fire every player or person from every position or job in the world because they make a mistake like getting behind the wheel after having two too many drinks than an unreasonably low law states, or sagging your pants, or cursing, or speeding, or fighting, or etc., then no one would have jobs.
    his alcohol level was 0.16

and it was 6 weeks after the other incident. just 6 weeks.

and you are manipulating what i said. of course i dont care if someone sags, or gets a speeding ticket.

i think your being a little petty, unreasonable, and vindictive by implying that i woulld fire people for getting a speeding ticket.

me saying i dont want a team of thugs, and wanted the players to be good guys, isnt me saying i want a team of choir boys.

me not wanting criminals on the team, isnt me saying if you get a speeding ticket, you should be cut.

come on.

and unreasonably low? seriously?
    Last edited by rawz; 01-28-2013 at 11:07 PM.

vCash
    I was just making an example so I did go to extremes, but I meant wreck less speeding which is in most states a crime as well. The way your statements about role models and all comes across it seems like you want squeaky clean, do no wrong choir boy like players. You used Ray Lewis as an example of this, and given your criteria, is a pretty bad example.

Yea .08 is unreasonably low. Ok he blew .16, double the legal limit, so he could have a had a whopping four beers. He is a large individual so he likely had more, but my point is that at .16 some people are barely feeling any buzz and probably thought he was ok to drive, but unfortunately for him, he wasn't. Given that the cop didn't even realize Ratliff was intoxicated and that is a cop trained to detect people under the influence, so I can't put too much blame on Ratliff for believing he was ok to drive. This is also why I don't think this instance is such a slap in the face of the Brent/Brown incident. Again **** happens and I hope this serves as a lesson to Cowboys players realize if they drink at all they should not drive under any circumstances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    wow. your a genius. how hasnt anyone else thought of this??

so basically, we need a HOF qb, HOF RB, HOF wr, one of the greatest offensive lines ever, and a top 5 defense, that possess maybe a, IDK, a darren woodson, or a deion sanders? charles haley type?

awesome...

man, we should have done this a decade ago!!

i wonder why we havent done this yet?!
    Wow you must be a genius if you got from the post we need HOF players at Qb, Hb, and WR. I don't think anybody else took that from the pst but you and I won't even respond further on it.

vCash
    I used glory hole years because JJ used that term to talk about the good old days, but I do imagine plenty of glory hole was going around to the super bowl champs..

Now i'm not saying we need a team full of hardcore players but I expect the leaders to be. Deion Sanders said it perfect we have to many followers and not enough lone rangers on this team. No team has ever won a SB with no leader and being a bunch of sweet panzies. I want Suh in Dallas so bad. I remember my old coach saying he gets a woody when he see his players punching people in the nuts and knocking di##s in the dirt. LOL its creepy now but we all bought into the system and we wanted to knock di%% in the dirt so we could get our stickers AKA di## knocking sticks as we called them.

vCash
    I was just making an example so I did go to extremes, but I meant wreck less speeding which is in most states a crime as well. The way your statements about role models and all comes across it seems like you want squeaky clean, do no wrong choir boy like players. i dont see how wanting guys to do the right thing, and not have there second career be criminals is such a bad thing. You used Ray Lewis as an example of this, and given your criteria, is a pretty bad example. i didnt mean that. i didnt mean, he was the character guy i want. i meant, blacknell, he wants a leader, like ray lewis ( talking football feild, yelling, leading that type of personality) we have one already, that is a great classy guy on top of that, in sean lee. i was comparing there play, and there on the field presence

Yea .08 is unreasonably low. im sorry, what are you basing this on? what makes you qualified to say thats unreasonably low? are you serious? so, does that mean, if you are only at a 0.08, your probally ok to drive? cause you feel like you can? cause im sure ratlif felt he was ok at 0.16. he wasnt, he wrecked. and im sure brent felt he was great to drive to, at whatever level he was at. was he? lol... thats ridiculous.Ok he blew .16, double the legal limit, so he could have a had a whopping four beers. He is a large individual so he likely had more, but my point is that at .16 some people are barely feeling any buzz and probably thought he was ok to drive, but unfortunately for him, he wasn't. Given that the cop didn't even realize Ratliff was intoxicated and that is a cop trained to detect people under the influence, so I can't put too much blame on Ratliff for believing he was ok to drive. This is also why I don't think this instance is such a slap in the face of the Brent/Brown incident. Again **** happens and I hope this serves as a lesson to Cowboys players realize if they drink at all they should not drive under any circumstances. you would hope... but, now what? what if it doesnt? then what? just pretend it doesnt happen? ok, brent, drove drunk, and now someone is dead. we hope that served has an example, so no one else would drive drunk. jay did. just 6 weeks after that happened. and got in a wreck. twice the legal limit. do we just pretend it never happened? cut him to make an example, that seriously, you cant do this? what?
    unreasonably low... lol... are you a doctor? do you have some sort of expertise in determining that? maybe you work in a trauma icu, and have seen alot of auto accidents, and no at what alcohol level they moslty come in at..

i mean, in your determination, what is a good level to drive at?

and not a "whopping 4 beers" he said he had drank about 2 hours ago, and his level was 0.16.

http://www.breathalyzeralcoholtester...art-estimation

this chart only goes up to a 240 pound male. ratliff is what, 300 pounds?
    so that would mean maybe 15 beers? and he did it 2 hours ago, so some oof it wore off, so im giving an educated guess and going to say 17-18 beers?

or if he was drinking harder stuff, maybe 22 ounces of 80 proof hard liquer?

seriously.
    to blow a 0.08, a 240 pound man would have to drink 5 beers. ratliff probally had to drink 8 or more. just to get to 0.08. he was twice that.

after 8 beers, you should no, dont drive. after liike 18 or whatever he had, then... well, i shouldnt really have to say it.

that isnt being a "choir boy"
    thats not killing someone else, and being a total ******.

**** happens, yes, but when they say, hey, look at this, someone died, its all over the media, he is going to prison for like 10 years, this isnt a joke anymore, seriously, dont do it, then 6 weeks later you do it any way, its no longer "**** happens"

its, thanks, appreciate your service, see ya later, good luck somewhere else.
    Last edited by rawz; 01-29-2013 at 10:04 AM.

vCash
    again, im not sure where this choir boy thing came in.

you can have great, players that arent getting in trouble all the time
    jj watt, dware, sean lee, tyron smith, calvin johnson, larry fitz, patrick peterson, jason witten, JPP, tuck, cruz,

many, many, many others.

you dont have to be perfect. just dont be a ******. dont do drugs. dont put yourself in bad situations, repeatedly. if you do mess up, own up to it, and dont do it again. dont be a pacman, and after 10 arrest, keep going to strip clubs.

seriously...
    not that much to ask for, honestly.

vCash

when did he say he wanted a choir boy? And when have famous people not been role models?

"

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast