Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Anyone that says it slows the game down too much needs to go the doctor and get a prescription for adderall. Lefties already have an advantage of keeping people on first base, now they have an even bigger one.

vCash
    Stupid Rule Change. I actually like this move
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Who would have guessed banning the first to third move would have gotten a 3 page and growing thread about it?
    2 pages for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Who would have guessed banning the first to third move would have gotten a 3 page and growing thread about it?
    Any major baseball rule change brings the purists out in droves. I like trying to speed the game up. It doesn't speed up a ton but I don't think the ability to make the move really does anything either, and it always seems to be a delaying tactic.

vCash
    I worry about how it will have an effect at lower levels. Sure, it should never work at the MLB level. When you get to the high school or middle school level, it does work. It is necessary so that runners don't have such a big advantage.

vCash
    Thanks Selig, another way you suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRyback View Post
    Any major baseball rule change brings the purists out in droves. I like trying to speed the game up. It doesn't speed up a ton but I don't think the ability to make the move really does anything either, and it always seems to be a delaying tactic.
    It gives base runners a distinct advantage now, it wasn't needed at all.

vCash
    So what happens when the pitcher steps of the rubber and looks at third? He has to throw it? What happens if it isn't a fake, what if the pitcher is gona go to to third and sees it isn't necessary then the guy from first takes a big lead.

I'm just confused about how it will be enforced. Is it not a live ball when he steps off or can he literally just not look towards third if he's throwing to first?

DUMB

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAcowBOMBER View Post
    So what happens when the pitcher steps of the rubber and looks at third? He has to throw it? What happens if it isn't a fake, what if the pitcher is gona go to to third and sees it isn't necessary then the guy from first takes a big lead.

I'm just confused about how it will be enforced. Is it not a live ball when he steps off or can he literally just not look towards third if he's throwing to first?

DUMB

If he steps off the rubber he can do whatever he wants, if he doesn't step off the rubber and goes toward third I'm assuming he has to throw, like a lefty going to first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydanger1 View Post
    If he steps off the rubber he can do whatever he wants, if he doesn't step off the rubber and goes toward third I'm assuming he has to throw, like a lefty going to first.
    That's what I don't like tho. If he goes to throw to third and the runner retreats why should he have to throw to third? He should be able to check first then. All in all I don't think it will have a huge effect, but was it really ever a problem?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAcowBOMBER View Post
    That's what I don't like tho. If he goes to throw to third and the runner retreats why should he have to throw to third? He should be able to check first then. All in all I don't think it will have a huge effect, but was it really ever a problem?
    but thats already a rule for lefty pitchers.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    but thats already a rule for lefty pitchers.
    That is a dumb rule also IMO

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234