Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    6,868
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It actually works a few times a year.

    I heard about it Friday. Pretty dumb to me to make it illegal.

    It's not a balk. Fans don't really understand it and boo because they think it is.

    Once the pitcher has left the rubber, the pitcher is live, and so are the runners. If they aren't on base, they are eligible to be thrown out.


    I don't know how you can make that illegal.
    The analogous move (fake to 1st, throw to 3rd) for Lefties has been illegal. I have no problem with this one being illegal.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,054
    vCash
    1500
    still much about nothing, since it rarely works
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    992
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    and I quote

    'fans don't like it'



    ****ing stupid
    So does that mean we can get rid of A-Rod and his ridiclous contract. Fans don't like that.
    Lakers Off-Season Checklist:

    [X] Trade Bynum for D12
    [X] Get a PG(Nash!)
    [X]Re-sign Hill or sign Camby
    [ ]Sign Grant Hill---NOPE
    [X]Sign Jamison
    [X]Sign a Back-up Guard(Barbosa, Mayo, Meeks, etc.)
    [X]Re-sign Devin Ebanks
    [X]Re-sign Darius Morris


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    This is one of those things where people who consider themselves hardcore baseball fans will whine and complain about it (because baseball fans aren't a fan of change), and after they've tired themselves out they'll forget all about it, not even miss it and in most cases not even remember it after a few years have passed.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    28,405
    vCash
    1500
    In my twenty+ years of watching this game, I can't think of a single time where it's actually worked. It's just another way to slow the game down and needed to go.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    237
    vCash
    1500
    banning this move is stupid.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    35,560
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    In my twenty+ years of watching this game, I can't think of a single time where it's actually worked. It's just another way to slow the game down and needed to go.
    It very literally works every year

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    424
    vCash
    1500
    Stupid, just hurts RHP's and for the people they say it never works, I've seen it work at least 3-4 times last year. This is stupid, don't change the game for entertainment reasons.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    35,560
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    This is one of those things where people who consider themselves hardcore baseball fans will whine and complain about it (because baseball fans aren't a fan of change), and after they've tired themselves out they'll forget all about it, not even miss it and in most cases not even remember it after a few years have passed.
    I agree with the second part, not the first part.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    28,405
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It very literally works every year
    How often though? I obviously didn't look it up, I just cannot remember seeing it work.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    HOTLANTA
    Posts
    3,348
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Angels View Post
    banning this move is stupid.
    Only purists wouldn't want this changed. It slows down the game for ONLY RIGHTIES, while hardly doing anything against runners. Only to slow the game down and avoid balks.

    Once out of a year is hardly working if there are over 2,400 games lol.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ILSTU
    Posts
    7,395
    vCash
    1500
    what a great rule.... its about damn time

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    26,222
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It actually works a few times a year.

    I heard about it Friday. Pretty dumb to me to make it illegal.

    It's not a balk. Fans don't really understand it and boo because they think it is.

    Once the pitcher has left the rubber, the pitcher is live, and so are the runners. If they aren't on base, they are eligible to be thrown out.


    I don't know how you can make that illegal.
    this. I also don't understand how it's illegal now

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,496
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Fans boo at all pickoffs, whether they think its a balk or not. Either that or they are stupid and think its a balk when its clearly not
    They boo because they feel it is a waste of time. And the boos get worse for them as the game goes on and the liquor gets flowing through their veins.
    Gustav Nyquist is Jesus

    didn't even hit the goalie doo



    Ya, we're spoiled.


  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    19,785
    vCash
    1500
    Who would have guessed banning the first to third move would have gotten a 3 page and growing thread about it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •