Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Well when you start a thread talking about a team being 5 - 0, naturally people are going to bring up a 6 - 0 team.
    Lol well that's stupid. Start a thread about the Hawks if you want to. They've been great and nobody's going to deny that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

2. 01-28-2013, 12:10 PM
    Reason
    baiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    He started this thread to talk about the Sharks. Why did the Hawks have to come into this? He didn't say they were better than them.

When the Sharks acquired Burns last year I thought that was the final piece to them going really far. They have basically the same team this year and with a healthy Havlat and Thornton looking like he's on a mission, they will do it this year imo. I almost want them to win the Cup to shut up the people who call them chokers.
    Lets be honest when Marty Havlat is on the ice, he can definitely do some damage against opposing defenses and goalies. I saw it first hand the 3 years he rocked the Indianhead sweater....BUT the key word is "when" Havlat is healthy. The sad thing for Marty is he's always one hit away from going down and reinjuring that knee or the shoulder of his (just as every other hockey player, but him especially!)
    BEST DRINK I'VE EVER HAD...PERIOD!
    GO CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

4. 01-28-2013, 12:15 PM
    Reason
    Quoted a deleted post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HAWKS.NO27 View Post
    Lets be honest when Marty Havlat is on the ice, he can definitely do some damage against opposing defenses and goalies. I saw it first hand the 3 years he rocked the Indianhead sweater....BUT the key word is "when" Havlat is healthy. The sad thing for Marty is he's always one hit away from going down and reinjuring that knee or the shoulder of his (just as every other hockey player, but him especially!)
    Exactly. He's great when he's healthy, he just can't stay healthy though
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

6. 01-28-2013, 01:00 PM
    Reason
    Quoted a deleted post

vCash
    The Sharks could go undefeated this season and I wouldn't give a ****. They are still going to blow it in the playoffs and all will be right in the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HAWKS.NO27 View Post
    Oh no doubt Jrice, I don't think anyone one here was bashing you for creating this thread. It's just just a friendly reminder no matter who you root for, you never want to get too high or too low on a team when it's only 6 games into a season.
    This.

The Sharks and Hawks both look great but it's early. Last night's game against the Canucks was frustrating for a Canucks fan because I am not sure if it's just early in their case. I think they hit their peak a few years ago and aren't going to get any better. Meanwhile superior teams like the Hawks and Sharks find ways to improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    The Sharks could go undefeated this season and I wouldn't give a ****. They are still going to blow it in the playoffs and all will be right in the world.
    Why is this the case?

Also, while the Sharks havn't won a Cup or made the finals they've done pretty good in the playoffs in certain years. Most teams they lost to were when they were underdogs from my memory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Why is this the case?

Also, while the Sharks havn't won a Cup or made the finals they've done pretty good in the playoffs in certain years. Most teams they lost to were when they were underdogs from my memory.
    You weren't talking to me, but I admit, I have a similar opinion when it comes to the Sharks. It just seems that they've always underachieved in the playoffs. Also, the team is still lead by Thorton which adds to the fact that they are "still the same old Sharks". I don't know if it's fair or not, but that's the opinion I have of them. Now I'm going to have to look up some of their past seasons to see if it's justified.

vCash
    Really not that surprising. With major injuries and inconsistency it's hard not view a team with forward depth of Thornton, Marleau, Clowe, Havlat, Pavelski, Clowe and others not getting off solidly. Niemi looks pretty good. Corey Crawford being as stout as he is makes me regret not having him in my keeper league :P

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    You weren't talking to me, but I admit, I have a similar opinion when it comes to the Sharks. It just seems that they've always underachieved in the playoffs. Also, the team is still lead by Thorton which adds to the fact that they are "still the same old Sharks". I don't know if it's fair or not, but that's the opinion I have of them. Now I'm going to have to look up some of their past seasons to see if it's justified.
    I guess so but you have to prove to me why past performance in terms of playoff sucess leads to future ones.

Also here's the Sharks status since Thornton:
    2006- Second Round Appearance (6-5 post season record)
    2007-Second Round Appearance (6-5 post season record)
    2008- Second Round Appearance (6-7 post season record)
    2009- First Round Appearance (2-4 post season record)
    2010- Third Round Appearance (8-7 post season record)
    2011 Third Round Appearance (9-9 post season record)
    2012 First Round Appearnce (1-4 post season record)

Like, they havn't won the Cup but you've gotten out of the first round in 5 of the last 7 rounds, thats pretty successful. They just can't seem to get over the hump. A lot of that is luck/bad luck and poor play the wrong time than some fundamental flaw.

vCash
    Thornton steps his game up during the playoffs. If you want to point fingers, point them at Marleau and Heatley in the past. Thornton is a guy I would love to have lead my team in the playoffs despite him never getting to the Finals. Dude does everything.

vCash
    Can't really blame Heatley. He was only their for 2 years and was PPG for one of the runs (though less goal scoring). Marleau has been good some years too.

Just can't get everything going at once like you need for a Cup run

vCash
    I guess so but you have to prove to me why past performance in terms of playoff sucess leads to future ones.

Also here's the Sharks status since Thornton:
    2006- Second Round Appearance (6-5 post season record)
    2007-Second Round Appearance (6-5 post season record)
    2008- Second Round Appearance (6-7 post season record)
    2009- First Round Appearance (2-4 post season record)
    2010- Third Round Appearance (8-7 post season record)
    2011 Third Round Appearance (9-9 post season record)
    2012 First Round Appearnce (1-4 post season record)

Like, they havn't won the Cup but you've gotten out of the first round in 5 of the last 7 rounds, thats pretty successful. They just can't seem to get over the hump. A lot of that is luck/bad luck and poor play the wrong time than some fundamental flaw.
    It's a case of expectations vs results. The 2008/2009 years they were 2nd and 1st in the conference and had a 2nd round and 1st round exit. Also, the two times they did get to the conference finals they won 1 game in 2 series. Again, I'm not saying it's nessecarily fair. They just seem to underachieve and come up short time and time again. For me personally, they have to prove it in the playoffs.

Also, if you take the years you listed, here is their place in the conference...
    2006- 5th
    2007- 3rd
    2008- 2nd
    2009- 1st
    2010- 1st
    2011- 2nd
    2012- 7th

Coming into this season, it seemed to me that they missed their window. Maybe last year was just a down year, time will tell. Obviously, they are off to a great start, and maybe that will change my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    Thornton steps his game up during the playoffs. If you want to point fingers, point them at Marleau and Heatley in the past. Thornton is a guy I would love to have lead my team in the playoffs despite him never getting to the Finals. Dude does everything.
    Really? I always thought the prevailling opinion of Thorton was that he didn't step up in the playoffs (fairly or unfairly). I live in the States (Chicago) so it's hard to have a feel of what the main stream hockey media's opinion of someone is, but I always thought he was a guy who had a bit of a "shrinks in the playoffs" label about him. From looking at the stats, in SJ, he's been in the playoffs 7 times and only twice has he put up a ppg (exactly 1.0 both times). Also, he's a -26 in the playoffs (114 gp) compared to a +158 (1082 gp) in the regular season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    Really? I always thought the prevailling opinion of Thorton was that he didn't step up in the playoffs (fairly or unfairly). I live in the States (Chicago) so it's hard to have a feel of what the main stream hockey media's opinion of someone is, but I always thought he was a guy who had a bit of a "shrinks in the playoffs" label about him. From looking at the stats, in SJ, he's been in the playoffs 7 times and only twice has he put up a ppg (exactly 1.0 both times). Also, he's a -26 in the playoffs (114 gp) compared to a +158 (1082 gp) in the regular season.
    Your stats can't be as good in the playoffs for the most part. Its tougher competition as part of it. Plus playoff stats are overrated anyway

vCash
    Your stats can't be as good in the playoffs for the most part. Its tougher competition as part of it. Plus playoff stats are overrated anyway
    I don't disagree at all. I was just suprised to hear someone say that he "always steps up" in the playoffs, when I thought he had the reputation of doing the opposite. I don't watch the Sharks enough to have a strong opinion either way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast