Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    vCash
    I have alwways liked Big Foot. I know everyone had The Reem but i always felt Bif Foot could get the job done. I hope he gets the title shot. He earned it, maybe that wasn't the best fight but i feel like he earned it
    Last edited by boilerguy2412; 02-03-2013 at 12:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I would like to watch Pettis vs Aldo for sure.

I would love to see that fight and its better for Pettis IMO, I dont see him beating Benson this time around and it could get him a title shot now if he would drop to fight Aldo, even though I think Pettis is more than deserving of a title fight at lightweight.

vCash
    The Reem fight still has me gassed. He fought wayy too cocky. He got dropped like he should have for fighting with his guard down.

Evans still fought scared and Aldo was on fire on and off that round, but got to give it to Frankie for staying in there and finishing strong. Tough dude.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    can we finally stop the rashad vs silva thing? thats how he looks when he cant take a guy down, btw he was talking about his i dont give a **** attitude when it comes to fighting but clearly he does give a ****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerguy2412 View Post
    I have alwways liked Big Foot. I know everyone had The Reem but i always felt Bif Foot could get the job done. I hope he gets the title shot. He earned it, maybe that wasn't the best fight but i feel like he earned it
    anyone really can win at any given night.

vCash
    Overeem should have won that fight. He treated Silva like an unworthy opponent and paid the price.A K1 Grand Prix winner shouldn't be knocked out by Silva.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Overeem should have won that fight. He treated Silva like an unworthy opponent and paid the price.A K1 Grand Prix winner shouldn't be knocked out by Silva.
    true but he sure didnt look like a k1 fighter last night, only threw like 3 kicks and not one to the body or head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    he's bigger than overeem just not stronger. i dont see how he wins either but if he can somehow gets full mount thats the only way i guess.
    Overeem is overrated (as mentioned in other posts) who is clearly not the same dude when not juicing.. The win over Lesner is negligible when one considers Lesner shouldn't have really taken the fight as he wasn't the fighter who first entered the octagon due to medical issues. Overeem is a good fighter with a lot of hype due to a thin field.. His weaknesses were clearly on display last night as he was not able to really do any real damage to bigfoot and seemed to gas fairly fast.. Not trying to take anything away from Overeem, the hype on him has clearly surpassed his ability and you could hear it as Rogen seemed to disrespect Bigfoot as much as Overeem did.. Great knockout from Bigfoot and thought the disrespect was palpable when the ref had to go belly to back on Bigfoot just to keep him off of Overeem lying limp on the mat..

vCash
    Yea see it's this kind of mentality that's confusing to me.. As a fight fan you should know that any fighter has a chance on any night.. Saying that Overeem should have won after he was knocked the F out with emphasis is insane.. There are differences to every fighter, methods, mentality, size, technique, etc.. It's what makes fights interesting, if you knew who was going to win every fight then what would be the point of watching...?? Overeem lost and last I checked UFC isn't K1.. You have to be a well rounded MIXED martial arts practitioner in the UFC which means knowing and being somewhat experienced in the different styles that make up the sport.. Not saying Overeem is not, just pointing out that again Styles make fights..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    In case anyone cares, Fight metric had Aldo winning 49-46...
    ESPN had it 48-47
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evadatam5150 View Post
    Yea see it's this kind of mentality that's confusing to me.. As a fight fan you should know that any fighter has a chance on any night.. Saying that Overeem should have won after he was knocked the F out with emphasis is insane.. There are differences to every fighter, methods, mentality, size, technique, etc.. It's what makes fights interesting, if you knew who was going to win every fight then what would be the point of watching...?? Overeem lost and last I checked UFC isn't K1.. You have to be a well rounded MIXED martial arts practitioner in the UFC which means knowing and being somewhat experienced in the different styles that make up the sport.. Not saying Overeem is not, just pointing out that again Styles make fights..
    He fought with his hands down the whole fight. It was obvious that he didn't take Silva seriously. Even his pre fight quotes were indicative of that.

vCash
    I can't think of a bigger mismatch on this card than Big Foot vs. Overeem. I think Evans vs. Nogueira is a closer fight. I mean I really don't know how Big Foot is going to win this fight. I'm trying to come up with scenario's. He's too slow on his feet. He has no hand speed. He tires out quickly. Not only that but he's not going to have the size advantage like he did against his other opponents. I think this is a first round knockout for Overeem.
    He won exactly how he said he was gonna win by taking it to the later rounds. Bas Boon called it as well he said that if Overeem didn't win in the 1st round then Bigfoot was gonna finish him in the 3rd.

Someone needs to fire Kim Winslow for screwing over Bobby Green... That was the worst stand up I have ever seen in MMA... He was in half guard landing elbows and punches on Volkman and she stands him up with 1:30 left, unbelievable!
    She has proven time and time again that she isn't consistent enough to ref these fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Maia's overall grappling is just worlds ahead of anyone in that division. Would love to see him against a Koscheck or Hendricks, who are much better wrestlers than Fitch. Fitch's defensive wrestling isn't too great.
    The sport has caught up with Jon Fitch. You can't just go in and dominate with wrestling or any one aspect anymore.

holy ****, overeem cardio sucks and he took silva too lightly.
    Yep and Bigfoot done exactly what he trained to do and Overeem showed that he can't go past the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscrazy34 View Post
    My 2nd favorite knockout right behind henderson's ko of bisping.
    I was up and yelling at the screen when Silva had him against the cage LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    I knew thatd happen after the 2nd round was over. Overeem was so gassed. What an upset
    Yeah you could see it near the end of the 2nd round and then when they got up Silva stared him right in the face. He knew that Overeem had blown his wad and was done.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawks509 View Post
    JDS has a shot. I also think Roy Nelson deserves a title fight. He's got a chin and his striking has been getting a lot better. I still think Cain is going to dominate for a long time.
    The problem there is Roy Nelson never beats top 10 heavyweights. He always wins a couple fights and then gets a bump in competition and loses that fight. He has lost to Junior Dos Santos, Frank Mir, Fabricio Werdum, Andrei Arlovski, Ben Rothwell etc.

not while he's been a hw.
    What a difference PEDs make huh

Did anyone else think Overeems punches on his feet and even his knees did not seem to have the usual damaging effect that they have had in the past? I know they made noise on the ground but they never seemed to damage Big Foot.
    I wonder why.... cough cough PEDs cough cough

vCash
    You would think that a K1 Grand Prix winner would hold his hands up and not let a 265-pound man punch his face. Overeem isn't on the PEDs like he was before and he gassed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdubbz View Post
    The Reem fight still has me gassed. He fought wayy too cocky. He got dropped like he should have for fighting with his guard down.

Evans still fought scared and Aldo was on fire on and off that round, but got to give it to Frankie for staying in there and finishing strong. Tough dude.
    Yeah Rashad didn't look right and I think he was fighting careful thinking that he was gonna get a title shot at 185 with a win.

Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    I know alot of people are happy about Reem's loss but he was winning that fight easily and beats Big Foot 9 times out of 10. Big Foot has one of the heaviest hands in the sport and AO was cocky. That has nothing to do with AO's chin he got caught by a guy with brick hands it happens. Hopefully we see JDS vs Overeem next. Big Foot deserves a rematch with Cain.
    Did you see the first fight? Cain Velasquez just flat out destroyed Bigfoot the first fight. This wasn't a good enough win for me to think that it will be any different. Overeem gassed out but up until that point he was clearly winning the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by boilerguy2412 View Post
    I wouldn't put Silva in there over guys like Werdum or Junior Dos Santos. I think JDS deserves a rematch given what he has done in the UFC and the fact that he is 1-1 against the current champ. Werdum has only lost 2 fights in the last 5 years against Junior Dos Santos and Alistair Overeem with wins against Roy Nelson, Bigfoot Silva and Fedor Emelianenko.

I thought it was Jose winning rounds 1-2 and Frankie winning rounds 4-5. I thought round 3 could have gone either way.

If I was building the best fighter in the world I would start with Aldo's kicks and Frankie's heart.
    I scored it the same way.

If I was building the best fighter in the world I would just clone Anderson Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Can u say rematch
    I think so. The only thing is that alot of guys are now calling out Aldo like Pettis and Chan-Sung Jung.

this is why i said aldo should be #1 on the prp, although the fight isnt over no way edgar wins unless he pulls of another maynard.
    No way I put him over Anderson Silva. He hasn't done remotely enough in his career....

vCash
    i guess but silva hasnt beat the best talent in the world either.

vCash
    I have him as no.1. I take into account his WEC career as well, and now a big win over Frankie a guy who many thought beat Ben Henderson in their 2nd fight.

He beat all the best guys, Mike Brown, Swanson, Faber, Florian, Mendes, Edgar and did it in pretty dominating fashion.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast