Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

WWE: Thoughfts on CM Punks title reign

Now that his reign is officially over and he holds the record for longest in modern history looking back since the start of survivor series of last year until now what are your thoughts about cm punks overal title reign. That started as a face and ended as a heel?

The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv

vCash
    I wasn't CRAZY about it, but I thought it was good. I think the fact that he held it for 400+ days and nobody really complained or got tired of his reign shows that it was a success.

vCash
    CM Punk deserved to beat The Crock. Losing it to a past star/actor is slap in the face of CM Punk and the entire WWE roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    I wasn't CRAZY about it, but I thought it was good. I think the fact that he held it for 400+ days and nobody really complained or got tired of his reign shows that it was a success.
    this, he held on it for that long was also because he was to drop it to the rock at rr
    Last edited by cheaptrikz; 01-28-2013 at 12:19 AM.

vCash
    I agree with sacnyy

LFLOL & LFFS after secretly glancing at the ***** forum
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    I enjoyed it. I'm a big Punk fan, but I'll admit that there were aspects of his Heel turn that seemed forced. Eventually he brought it full circle with some good promo work, but I felt that should have come earlier and swifter into the reign to really milk out the last several title defenses. I just wish it hadn't been so cookie cutter in terms of him not being able to get any clean wins as a heel--I understand why WWE does this, but when he's the longest reigning champ in the modern era, I don't think it hurts his opponent as much.

I definitely didn't like the way it ended, but that result has been fairly obvious for the past few months so I was resigned to it. I'm trying to look at the bright side of it--it does put Punk over a bit to say that it took, what--one of the top handful or stars ever to end the reign? I just think the match deserved a better ending.

vCash
    I enjoyed it. It hit a lull during the Summer but I enjoyed his heel character work with Heyman. The fact that Punk and the company were able to keep him fresh, or fresh enough for that long period without too much complaining is impressive.

vCash
    They needed someone big to take the belt off him. He had already beaten del rio, Bryan, miz, Kane, Ziggler, cena, show, ryback, Jericho, etc. while some will argue that the rock didn't earn his shot, there is still no shame in losing to him, especially when your reign was the longest in the last 25 years. This does not make punk look weak in any way shape or form. That's what I think some people are failing to realize.

vCash
    I enjoyed the title run. Very risky move by WWE to have someone be the title holder for that long period of time. Punk did a hell of a job carrying the title. The heel turn obviously helped out and his character really shined these last 5-6months.

vCash
    It was good, not great, obviously has made him a star though, so it was successful
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Basically he started out as and afterthought behind Cena. Cena was main eventing getting all the top storylines and Punk was stuck wrestling lower in the card when he was CHAMP. It wasn't his fault he is one of the best workers in ring and on mic I have ever seen right now I have him at around top 25-50 all-time and in my top 5 favorites all-time. He kept the belt fresh and meaningfull there's a few times I wanted him to loose to build a new star in Ryback/Bryan/Ziggler but he got key wins vs Cena/Jericho/Ryback. Had some **** storylines with Adr/Jonny Ace/Kevin Nash but over give his run a 8/10. He proved he is the number 2 in the company bare non and could be the number 1 when called apon basically what WWE wanted in Boreton. Nothing but respect for Punk but in this run he turned into the IWC John Cena , every little kid/girl love cena every smark IWC/indy fan love Punk and see that he can do no wrong or he should ever be pinned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    CM Punk deserved to beat The Crock. Losing it to a past star/actor is slap in the face of CM Punk and the entire WWE roster.
    I agree this why I hate the Rock he comes and goes as he pleases, gets title shots and wins. I hate to say it but if we get a Crock vs Cena Part 2 I hope Cena Wins.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Cena will win forsure
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I agree this why I hate the Rock he comes and goes as he pleases, gets title shots and wins. I hate to say it but if we get a Crock vs Cena Part 2 I hope Cena Wins.
    So do you have a problem with Taker/HHH/Brock/Jericho/Rey coming back only part time basically?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    So do you have a problem with Taker/HHH/Brock/Jericho/Rey coming back only part time basically?
    I am guessing he doesn't since those guys haven't come back and won the title off of of a wrestler who is there all the time.

At this point all those wrestlers you mentioned are all special attractions at this points for carious reasons.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast