Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    True, those extra years are hard to swallow. Tried to find one involving Bargs and any other albatross contract they have but Celtics dont have any expirings. They are in a tough position. Cant rebuild with so many bad contracts and they cant compete either. They have to go all in or unload some stars so that they can get rid of bad contracts.
    Between these two teams I don't really see any trade coming to pass. Raps have made it pretty clear that they are looking for a talented player as we have seen them being linked to Rudy Gay & Gasol rumors. The player of interest for the Raps would probably be Pierce but we all know that there is no chance of Pierce being traded to an in division Rival.

Not a great trade but: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bj4z49a

For the Lazy:

Boston:

Bledsoe + future second rounder from clippers

Toronto:

Sullinger + Hollins + Hill + 1st rounder(from Boston) top 10 protected

Clippers:

Lowry + second rounder (from Toronto)

Toronto get's good value back from trading away Lowry, Clippers get an upgrade at the PG position and a second rounder for facilitating the trade and Boston gets an up and coming PG in Bledsoe.
    Last edited by gwrighter; 01-28-2013 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Adding in Draft Picks
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Calderon fan mad but its true watch if he joins any playoff team he will be exposed when he doesn't have the green light like he does in Toronto
    the ONLY troubles he would ahve in toronto would be about his Defense, in a defensive minded team.
    Thats it.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    You wouldn't push the trigger on this would you?
    I was naming names, but yes I'd like Jefferson here with a signed extension, KG might rub on off on him some.

I like Bledsoe too.

Bass is a back-up PF, not a starter, even after all this time in Boston he has barely figured out the defensive rotations. Good 8th man, that's it.

Terry is declining and will never be worth the money.

Pierce? I have no interest in keeping him in Boston if we can profit for him being dealt. Pierce has been paid $152M+ by the Celtics, for one title, that retire in Boston thing is for the soft hearted.... I want to win. PP is already a HOF'er and his number will hang in the rafters - good enough.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Any Point guard they get has to stay for more than a year and be able to do solidly in Rondo's absence.
    Lowry is an option as is Jameer Nelson.

I'd like to see them go after Bledsoe, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Between these two teams I don't really see any trade coming to pass. Raps have made it pretty clear that they are looking for a talented player as we have seen them being linked to Rudy Gay & Gasol rumors. The player of interest for the Raps would probably be Pierce but we all know that there is no chance of Pierce being traded to an in division Rival.

For the Lazy:

Boston:

Toronto:

Clippers:

Toronto get's good value back from trading away Lowry, Clippers get an upgrade at the PG position and a second rounder for facilitating the trade and Boston gets an up and coming PG in Bledsoe.
    Would love this as a Raptor fan, but no way in hell do the Clippers accept it. They can get more for Bledsoe than just Lowry.... also, they have Paul/Billups already lol

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I was naming names, but yes I'd like Jefferson here with a signed extension, KG might rub on off on him some.

I like Bledsoe too.

Bass is a back-up PF, not a starter, even after all this time in Boston he has barely figured out the defensive rotations. Good 8th man, that's it.

Terry is declining and will never be worth the money.

Pierce? I have no interest in keeping him in Boston if we can profit for him being dealt. Pierce has been paid $152M+ by the Celtics, for one title, that retire in Boston thing is for the soft hearted.... I want to win. PP is already a HOF'er and his number will hang in the rafters - good enough.
    I meant to post a link to a trade but simply forgot. My post prolly didn't make much sense but thanks for your thoughts. But would you be willing to depart with both Pierce+KG for the likes of Bledsoe+DJ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post

For the Lazy:

Boston:

Toronto:

Clippers:

Bledsoe is no slouch himself, Lowry is better but there is something to be said for the value of team chemistry and fit. And the Clippers FO has made it clear that they value that chemistry enough that they wouldnt trade Bledsoe for simply more depth. It has to be an upgrade at a position of need.

Backup PG will be a concern if EB is traded (though we've recently toyed with a non-pg lineup recently, coincidence?) but we'd rather have a bonafide starting SF than a great backup for CP3.

Besides, Lowry wouldn't want to be a backup, its why hes moved around so much. Memphis, Houston, and now its looking like Toronto may soon have to make a choice with him. Clips reject this deal instantly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Boston would eat Calderon alive within a month if he gets traded there, he plays 0 defense and dribbles the air out of the ball holding it way way way to long looking for an open man where Boston is all about ball movement, only reason Calderon is doing ok right now is because he has the green light from BC and cant do no wrong they treat him like a superstar.
    Actually, Rondo pounds the rock more than anyone, Calderon doesn't have Rondo's drive and kick game but he has similar vision to make proper reads when Boston runs a halfcourt offense. And unlike Rondo, he can actually stretch the floor and open the game up for his teammates without the ball. They could actually run some post sets for KG, the Pierce and KG PnR would look abit better if the defense couldn't cheat.

I do agree with your assessment of Calderon, just not of Boston. Its why I think they can overcome Rondo's absence to a certain degree, now they will be about ball movement. They dont have someone they can depend on to just create all the easy looks for them but they do have capable "in the flow" passers. Calderon wont have to pound the rock to have an impact with the guys they have in Boston.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtics33 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing in regards to making a move for Kyle Lowry, but I still think the need of a Center out ways the need for a point guard right now.
    Calderon and Gray? Gray is a good rebounder. I am not going to claim he is good at anything else but he could help out inside.

vCash
    I think Danny Ainge has shown us that he's not scared of making a big deal to improve the team. But, maybe they should build more towards the future now? Can getting Lowry or Calderon keep them in contention and give them a good chance to beat teams like Miami in the playoffs?

Maybe so, but they also move Garnett and Pierce right now too? I know Garnett is old and Pierce looks old, but I think there's a big market for these 2 players and Boston could get young players and draft picks for both players.

11. 01-28-2013, 01:40 PM
    Reason
    baiting

vCash
    Pierce and Bass for Calderon and Bargs or Lowry, Bargs, and Gray makes the most sense.

What I WANT to see though, is Pierce to Golden State for Barnes, Jefferson's expiring and filler salary. Pierce goes home to Oakland and brings a legitimate winning veteran presence to go along with Curry, Thompson, Lee, and Bogut.

vCash
    I'm beginning to think that Boston isn't gonna get a whole lot for KG and Pierce. I think they should hold off blowing it up. A complete 180 from my original stance.

I think Lowry or Calderon could replace Rondo's offensive production almost entirely. Make one more run. It won't be a successful one, but go for it.

It will be easier to move KG and Pierce next year, I'd imagine.

vCash
    I see no reason to fill Boston's need for a PG when were in somewhat of a play off race. Unless they over pay some how then no way. Green, Bradley even Sullinger aren't bad by any means but they don't make sense for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I'm beginning to think that Boston isn't gonna get a whole lot for KG and Pierce. I think they should hold off blowing it up. A complete 180 from my original stance.

I think Lowry or Calderon could replace Rondo's offensive production almost entirely. Make one more run. It won't be a successful one, but go for it.

It will be easier to move KG and Pierce next year, I'd imagine.
    what does boston trade for lowry?

vCash
    Espn-
    this is the non-blow-it-up move for boston to stay relevant this season. Everyone wants to know: Are the raptors going to choose to keep longtime point guard jose calderon or the younger, more volatile kyle lowry? Whispers around the league suggest that the toronto front office is divided on the issue and the celtics could swoop in and take advantage of that possible dissension.

Lowry remains one of the most efficient point guards in the league (21.3 per), but his uneven effort on the defensive end has reduced him to a 20-minute role off the bench for defensive-minded coach dwane casey. The celtics could take on linas kleiza’s contract that pays him $4.6 million this season and possibly next season, though the celtics would probably hope he turns down his 2013-14 player option to go back overseas.

In order to give up lowry and his tidy contract, the raptors would likely need to receive young assets in return. Such a deal would likely require involving avery bradley, jared sullinger and a future first-rounder. But that would also necessitate the raptors absorbing green’s undesirable four-year deal to make the money work. Would toronto decision-maker bryan colangelo do that? We didn’t think he’d give five years and $53 million to a then-30-year-old hedo turkoglu, either.
    Twitter me PSDers I follow back @Electrro

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast