Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Dooling wants a come back.
    He's not in game shape, should be ready by mid March to... sit on the bench.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO to the CHI View Post
    I really think this analysis is spot on. Even if the Celtics get Lowry or Calderon they aren't going anywhere this year, so Bagwell is right. It makes sense to get a couple of picks and give Pierce et al a chance to win another title while setting up the Celtics to be great again in a couple of years. Very well-reasoned analysis from a Celts fan right there.
    Thanks - on the Celtic board I'm branded a Rondo hater.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Problem is there aren't many bigs out there, and their cost is extremely high.
    Unless the player is in the last year of his deal and the teams knows it can't resign him (or doesn't want to).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcrooner View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/trademachine?tradeid=an5pusz

jsut tweaking the rumored mem-bos-l.a trade from some days ago.
    Lakers would need to receive someones first rounder tough, to make it worht it for them.
    lolololol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Lee, Sullinger, Green for Bargnani, Lowry, Anderson
    that would be a great trade for the Raptors. sign me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Who says no to this? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cws7mjb

Minny needs a 2 guard.
    Thats a sensible trade for sure.

Prolly the best bet for actually happening.

Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    T.O. would say no to adding 13 mil of salary between Green & Lee for 4 years. Raps already have a glut of mediocre wings. They'd be looking to consolidate talent instead of adding more role players IMO. I don't see a deal materializing between these two teams without a 3rd team facilitating.
    True, those extra years are hard to swallow. Tried to find one involving Bargs and any other albatross contract they have but Celtics dont have any expirings. They are in a tough position. Cant rebuild with so many bad contracts and they cant compete either. They have to go all in or unload some stars so that they can get rid of bad contracts.
    Last edited by Chronz; 01-28-2013 at 12:27 PM.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Miami is worse at rebounding than the Celts. The rebounding issue (offensive glass ignored specially is by design for them to get back on D - which is good, so pick your posion).

Why do the Celts want old retread point guards?

Much more interested in dealing Pierce, Terry, and Bass in 3 ways, and getting back a Bledsoe (so Rondo can be dealt next year), and a big looking for a max extension such as Jefferson.

Getting into the 8th, 7th, or 6th seed this year is a ticket for a one and done. My idea puts them in the lottery - although no very high up this year.

The PP/KG team is done, and it's been done since they lost the Finals to the Lakers. Please don't bring up last year with Rose and Bosh being the primary reason they got to game 7 of the ECF last year. A very meh Philly team took them to 7 for goodness sakes.
    You wouldn't push the trigger on this would you?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=awhkvsy
    Last edited by Chronz; 01-28-2013 at 01:01 PM.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Boston has nothing to offer. I wouldn't want Green, Sullinger or Bradley. These are all just role players and not very versatile ones either. The only way any trade for Lowry would make sense is if they offered Rondo lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzo400 View Post
    Boston has nothing to offer. I wouldn't want Green, Sullinger or Bradley. These are all just role players and not very versatile ones either. The only way any trade for Lowry would make sense is if they offered Rondo lol
    I don't think TOR can get anymore than a role player for Lowry.

But Green & Bradley not versatile? How so? Green can play the 3 or 4, Bradley can play the 1 or 2.

vCash
    The only player the Raps may be interested in is Jeff Green - but then again, the terms of his contract will be an issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I don't think TOR can get anymore than a role player for Lowry.

But Green & Bradley not versatile? How so? Green can play the 3 or 4, Bradley can play the 1 or 2.
    You're right with Green versatile was not the right word to use. I guess I would say he is kind of pointless for the Raptors. We allready have too many PF's so his ability to play the 4 is kind of wasted. He's also not a great pure shooter, more like a better Landry Fields type player. We allready have at least one guy like that. Plus, he is making 10 million a year and has heart issues. I see no real positives here.

Sullinger can play the 4. I guess he has potential but i'm just not particularly that high on him.

Also, it really depends on the team in question. I do believe that they could potentially get a high draft pick for Lowry. Who knows, they haven't really explored the trade market yet.

vCash
    Boston would eat Calderon alive within a month if he gets traded there, he plays 0 defense and dribbles the air out of the ball holding it way way way to long looking for an open man where Boston is all about ball movement, only reason Calderon is doing ok right now is because he has the green light from BC and cant do no wrong they treat him like a superstar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Boston would eat Calderon alive within a month if he gets traded there, he plays 0 defense and dribbles the air out of the ball holding it way way way to long looking for an open man where Boston is all about ball movement, only reason Calderon is doing ok right now is because he has the green light from BC and cant do no wrong they treat him like a superstar.
    just

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post

Good point, and not only that, I think people forget just how much of Calderons assists come from fast breaks and quick transition baskets. In Boston this wouldn't be happening too much, considering their main players are 50 years old. I think his true weaknesses would show much more in a very slow system like Bostons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    just
    Calderon fan mad but its true watch if he joins any playoff team he will be exposed when he doesn't have the green light like he does in Toronto

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast