Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I still wonder until this day, how the lakers would have been under Sloan or Phil lol

vCash
    Just ditch D'antoni altogether.
    "Tittays"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    So this offensive oriented coach's offensive system was trash

Anybody want to tell me why the Lakers hired this guy? Let alone for 3 years.
    Right! Lol ...but my guess is he gets fired after the season anyway...

vCash
    Ya...unless the Lakers make the playoffs, run the table and win the title...I don't think d'Antoni is back next year. The team didn't believe in the system and Mitch told the coach he had to change. d'Antoni is along for the ride at this stage to save face for everyone involved...taking the paycheck and watching Kobe operate essentially as a player/coach, in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mOrphosis View Post
    Pretty simple...Kobe called him out after the Memphis loss, saying that the team needed to slow down and get back to basics. Next thing you know, Mitch comes out and says the coach has to adjust as much as the players. As far I am concerned, Kobe is the one coaching the team...d'Antoni is along for the ride and collecting his check.
    To be fair, folks bash D'Antoni for not being flexible and imposing his traditional system, now folks are bashing him for being flexible and NOT imposing his traditional system. That's not terribly fair.

Good coaches are supposed to be flexible and adjust their offense to the players in the game. Right now, they're still using D'Antoni offensive sets (screens and PnR's), the main change is to the ball handling responsibilities (Kobe doing more facilitating versus shooting), and the pace (slower and more half court).

D'Antoni is recognized as a brilliant x's and o's offensive guy. Nash is known as one of the best floor generals in NBA history. Kobe is known as one of the best players of all time. We don't know how much of this was Kobe's idea, Nash's idea, or even Pau's, Dwight's or D'Antoni's idea.

And it really doesn't matter. If the Lakers start winning, why is it so important?

One of the most important traits of a good coach is being able to get out of the way and let the players play their game. If that's what he's doing, then that's part of good coaching.

Anyway, the Lakers are still in a deep hole so everyone will have to wait and see how it pans out.

vCash
    D'Antoni is a hack........ And always will be.

D'Antoni no doubt was told to run a double post motion offense.... Basically a version of the triangle the Lakers ran regularly when Smush was the point guard. It's going to diminish Clarks play for awhile until he learns it, but you will see his rebounds go up. But it helps the Lakers offense against zone defenses, an area the Lakers have struggled with especially since the Lakers arent able to run.

If D'Antoni knew what the hell he was doing, he would have scrapped his run and gun **** after the first five games he was coaching, especially in knowing that he has four back to the basket players in Kobe, Gasol, Artest and Howard on the floor at the same time.
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    It's just two games, and we all know Kobe can't average 14 assists/game... So we'll see how far this works. It's nice to see W's... and I guess you start with wins at home, b/c they couldn't even do that. Then we'll see about winning on the road.

They probably still won't do much damage, and may still miss the playoffs b/c they've lost too many games and have to get real hot to try to get back into it...
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    I totally agree

The Lakers are going to need to go on a serious winning streak...... And still you need a great coach to dig out of this hole the Lakers are in, and unfortunately D'Antoni is not close to being a great coach.

The up and coming 7 game road stint will decide our season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    It's just two games, and we all know Kobe can't average 14 assists/game... So we'll see how far this works. It's nice to see W's... and I guess you start with wins at home, b/c they couldn't even do that. Then we'll see about winning on the road.

They probably still won't do much damage, and may still miss the playoffs b/c they've lost too many games and have to get real hot to try to get back into it...
    We're only 4 games back and outside of the top 3-4 teams, the 5-8 seeds are going to go through some losing streaks. It's not as though we're 10 out of the 8th seed. It shouldn't be all that hard. As for the 2 wins, yes, it's only 2, but this has happened every time we've played inside-out and it seems they've figured it out that that's the way they need to play if they're going to win. We were dominant under bernie doing the exact same thing we're doing now. The 2 wins in a row we had a few weeks ago before we dropped 4 in row were also the result of playing inside-out. If we play-inside out there isn't much any team can do to stop us and the defense is pretty solid under this style of play because it allows the players to get back. D'antoni just refused to play this way consistently up until now.

vCash
    didnt feel like reading the whole article but finally about time it was done. did notice lakers playing different the last couple games.

vCash
    the lakers really wont have to go on that serious of a win streak to be a playoff team, theyre 4 wins back, if that 8th seed loses 4 in a row and we win 4 in a row, were basically in lol, and who are the teams in the 7th and 8th seed again?? oh yeah, teams who are always there fighting for 7th 8th and 9th place, one of em doesnt make it every year, you really think thats gonna be the lakers? with this squad??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    the lakers really wont have to go on that serious of a win streak to be a playoff team, theyre 4 wins back, if that 8th seed loses 4 in a row and we win 4 in a row, were basically in lol, and who are the teams in the 7th and 8th seed again?? oh yeah, teams who are always there fighting for 7th 8th and 9th place, one of em doesnt make it every year, you really think thats gonna be the lakers? with this squad??
    You dont put yourself in a mindset that consist of other teams losing to help your current situation.... That's what weve been doing for the last 25 games.

We must go in with the mindset that we must win every games possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    To be fair, folks bash D'Antoni for not being flexible and imposing his traditional system, now folks are bashing him for being flexible and NOT imposing his traditional system. That's not terribly fair.

Good coaches are supposed to be flexible and adjust their offense to the players in the game. Right now, they're still using D'Antoni offensive sets (screens and PnR's), the main change is to the ball handling responsibilities (Kobe doing more facilitating versus shooting), and the pace (slower and more half court).

D'Antoni is recognized as a brilliant x's and o's offensive guy. Nash is known as one of the best floor generals in NBA history. Kobe is known as one of the best players of all time. We don't know how much of this was Kobe's idea, Nash's idea, or even Pau's, Dwight's or D'Antoni's idea.

And it really doesn't matter. If the Lakers start winning, why is it so important?
    One of the most important traits of a good coach is being able to get out of the way and let the players play their game. If that's what he's doing, then that's part of good coaching.Anyway, the Lakers are still in a deep hole so everyone will have to wait and see how it pans out.
    It's important because if D'Antoni played no part in the new offensive scheme then he's not doing his job and like Morph said just collecting a paycheck.

So an important trait in a coach is knowing when to say **** it, I have no idea what the hell im doing. Just figure it out yourselves?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabmeone2 View Post
    It's important because if D'Antoni played no part in the new offensive scheme then he's not doing his job and like Morph said just collecting a paycheck.

So an important trait in a coach is knowing when to say **** it, I have no idea what the hell im doing. Just figure it out yourselves?
    quoted for truth!!!

vCash
    The last two wins against Utah & Thunder have been really great, a boost for the morale of everybody... but we don't know if this Laker team has finally turned the corner until they start winning on the road... we have lost 75% of our road games this season... if we don't start winning on the road, it doesn't matter if they squeak into the playoffs, they'll get run out the first round.
    ... You know you got a good DVR... whenever you hit pause on your remote during the action and it displays its favorite player....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast