Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

So if Kobe passes, we win. Then why do I feel sick?

Ok, Ive been on PSD for some time & know a lot of good Laker fans out here.

Has been SOOO much fun watching this team play the last 2 games: sharing, being smart, playing hard. And clearly it all comes down to our boy Kobe. If he does the Kobe Johnson thing, then we are good. If he does not, well... remember early Jan?

Anyone else a little nervous?

The dude is baller & a shooter, not a passer.
    Hes also said this before (every year he does this for 3-4 games & then goes back to who he is).
    Nash is clearly Fisher 2.0 now, with the others totally re-energized.

Help me believe this is going to last: discuss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog-99 View Post
    Ok, Ive been on PSD for some time & know a lot of good Laker fans out here.

Has been SOOO much fun watching this team play the last 2 games: sharing, being smart, playing hard. And clearly it all comes down to our boy Kobe. If he does the Kobe Johnson thing, then we are good. If he does not, well... remember early Jan?

Anyone else a little nervous?

The dude is baller & a shooter, not a passer.
    Hes also said this before (every year he does this for 3-4 games & then goes back to who he is).
    Nash is clearly Fisher 2.0 now, with the others totally re-energized.

Help me believe this is going to last: discuss.

I remember when Kobe did this last year and eventually reverted back to selfish Kobe. He did this early this year as well, facilitating and creating shots for his teammates.....eventually to revert back to the Kobe we all know.

Hopefully this stretch will demonstrate how important it is for Kobe to move that ball. Maybe this game will show him that facilitating and distributing the ball will set him up with a feasible clutch play down the stretch of the game where his defenders are unsure whether he will shoot or pass.... Its hard to say really, but lets just enjoy the wins and move onto the next game.

!!!

vCash
    i think this is a different thing, kobe now has to pass the ball cuz hes playing os much on ball defense, he said it himself he needs his teammate to step it up.

so i think he keeps this up.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    if not then we can just amnesty him

vCash
    Its flu season.

2014 CHAMPIONS

vCash
    he will get back to his antics at either

1 first defeat.

2 he gets closer to passing another dude in the all time scorers

wahtever happens first

vCash
    man when kobe passes like this he is so much more efficient in scoring... I think it is now so obvious that the solution is for kobe to pass more. Defenses have no idea what he will do when he passes like this

vCash
    Kobe passing like this mixed in with Nash makes us very difficult to deal with. Especially with Pau embracing his role and being dominant with his play and decision making, he just has his swag.

Intelligent play-makers everywhere we just need to add onto it with some more young legs and keep these four if they continue to keep growing and playing solid basketball together.

I think Kobe just realized what it's going to take to win it all with this squad. Hope he keeps his finger on the pulse and keeps leading with team ball.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    ^ I think he's also learning that he can trust this particular team more so than other Laker teams of the past. I mean Pau and Nash with Dwight underneath........c'mon

vCash
    And Metta's playing well, too

vCash
    Kudos to Kobe, but I'm not signing on just yet. I say he throws up 35 shots before long.

She can turn my "Paige" anytime!

vCash
    As long as when he passes guys continue to hit shots, He will continue to pass. He will revert when guys have a bad shooting night. If guys are prepared and ready to shoot, He will continue to pass. We cannot have passiveness on offense. Steve Nash, Pau Gasol and especially Steve Blake when he comes back....Must be prepared to shoot when they have open shots. Stop trying to make the ultimate pass and just make a good play. Don't hold the ball, keep it moving and don't expect Kobe to bail them out at the end of the shot clock. Move the ball for the best shot and slow down.
    Last edited by midwestlaker75; 01-28-2013 at 05:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post

1 first defeat.

wahtever happens first
    Saw it comin' Crooner. Lakers gonna Lake! Crooner's gonna hate Crooner u're great, but you're the most predictable guy on this forum

It's all good for now with him being a triple double guy. The good thing is, he doesn't have to be on a nightly basis. OKC brought the help very early and it was the best thing to pass it. If the rotations are not sharp and late. He will still torch 'em, that's what he does. But the mindset for Kobe with this team has to be: "The guy who is left alone, takes the shot!"

And not: "I'm the alpha-male, I eat first!" <- This is what will make us fail.

The Future at PG in P&G

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post

1 first defeat.

wahtever happens first
    Typical rubbish spouted from you.

Anyone else notice that Kobe continued passing in the last 2 games because people actually put their shots in fairly regularly?

How many times this season did we see Kobe try and facilitate just to see his teammates miss layups when they should have been dunking, bricking open 3's and most importantly pass it back to Kobe with less than 5 seconds on the clock?!

Anyone who has watched ALL games this season will have seen this.

vCash
    Yeah, long as guys are knocking down shots. I dnt see kobe changing his pass 1st type of game, especially after last night. Proving he can get over 10 assist and still be the closer. I think he's starting to like the idea of " I did what I had to do to carry this team to the playoffs." May sound selfish but ill take it and hey.... its kobe. Think the real issue is dwight. Imagine if we would have lost and kobe played that well. Could u blame him for jacking up shots again. Howard cant make a free thro. Cant stay outta foul trouble. Think were all lookin at the wrong person on this one..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast