Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Bourn in the USA

While the Mets campaign to get the 11th draft pick protected you will notice Bourn remains on the board. Is he and Boras holding off since the Mets offer the best fit? One way to answer the question is who in the USA (Toronto doesn't need him) is looking for a CFer and leadoff hitter who can afford Boras' demands? Is Boras telling Texas to wait until the Mets can make a formal offer just to spike the price to both? What have you heard out there re possible destinations for Bourn? I'm rooting for Bourn regardless of the draft pick outcome but if they lose the pick they should pay a little less. A lineup of Bourn, Tejada, Murphy, Wright, Davis, Buck or D'Arnaud, Duda and Nieuwenhuis/Cowgill is well balanced lefty righty assuming and works if Murphy pops 12 or more homers as #3....remember Keith Hernandez hit 20 homers only once I think....its all about clutch and RBIs..........this could be an exciting thing to watch. The chance of contending goes way up with a true leadoff hitter. Insightful comments welcomed.
    Last edited by rdg515; 01-27-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    i case u didn't notice there's already a thread on bourn where all of this is being discussed.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    He just likes to make his own threads because he feels he is above everyone else and his opinion matters more than the rest of us. He just wants attention.

vCash
    I can always count on stuna to say something negative...he never disappoints. I guess the 11,000 people who viewed my new threads this month and the 1000 who replied are wrong and stuna is right.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    There are 18 pages talking about WAR and the dollars and SA lying to us...not much about who we are competing with and what the lineup would look like. I figure most fans care more about the baseball side of Bourn not the politics.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    There are 18 pages talking about WAR and the dollars and SA lying to us...not much about who we are competing with and what the lineup would look like. I figure most fans care more about the baseball side of Bourn not the politics.
    Only takes one post to shift the direction of a thread.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    I can always count on stuna to say something negative...he never disappoints. I guess the 11,000 people who viewed my new threads this month and the 1000 who replied are wrong and stuna is right.
    I'm pretty sure you have more posts from starting threads and commenting in your threads, than actually posting in other people's threads. If there is already a thread on a topic, why post another on a similar, if not the same topic in a new thread?

vCash
    This does not require its own thread.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs