0 0%
  • Jack Leathersich

1 4.55%
  • Robert Carson

0 0%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 PSD Mets Forum #13 Mets Prospect

Vote for who you think is the Mets #13 prospect for 2013.

vCash
    I vote for Sick, but didn't see a ballot box for him???
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Puello gets my vote here. He is still the guy with the most tools as far as position players go in the Mets system as of now. His walk rates remain pathetic, but he did show a better rate in the AFL. He showed more power as well as his ISO was .163 in St. Lucie, though he missed significant time during the season. He is an enigma, but he still posted a decent .751 OPS. He also stole 19 bases and just got thrown out twice. Would of likely stole 40+ bases again had he stayed healthy.

I expect a big year from him in 2013 as long as he can stay healthy.

vCash
    I voted Tovar. There seems to be a focus around baseball right now on undersized or undervalued up the middle talent. Any time an innovative front office like the one the Mets have do something unorthodox, it's worth noting. Not to mention the Bauer for Gregorious deal. Gregorious is actually really close to Tovar as a player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I would consider that they might have over value those guys because of lack of too many great up the middle guys, but as I mention before if Cecchini is a top 10 guy, Tovar should be up there near the top 10 as well.

I going for the guy with the possible 5 tools, though I think Puello will not hit for a high average given his K/BB rates, but because of his speed I think he can hit around .270-.285 in his best years. He could also be a 20 homer guy who has a gun for an arm and the speed to play center, but likely will be a RF and be a plus defender there.

vCash
    I'll go Rodriguez because he has so much raw power that could help him turn into a very productive major leaguer.

vCash
    Puello is worthy of the spot. It's just that his potential and actual performance are decently far apart. Tovar is a safer bet to reach the level of a useful major league short stop of not a backup on a playoff team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Jake deGrom gets my vote here. He's a little older for sure(25 in June) but he's raw as a pitcher being a SS in college for 2 years and blowing out his elbow 2 years ago.

He's very athletic, has the classic pitcher's build(6'4" 185 lbs.) and has a very strong mid 90s fastball with sink. He has feel for his slider and change and can be average or better pitches.

In a system filled with quality pitching depth, most of the Top 25 should be filled with pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I'll go Rodriguez because he has so much raw power that could help him turn into a very productive major leaguer.
    His plate discipline and hit tool are questionable and he's poor defensively. He'll likely move to 1B, where he'll need to mash to play everyday. He has the raw power to do it, but it's all projection for him right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    I voted Tovar. There seems to be a focus around baseball right now on undersized or undervalued up the middle talent. Any time an innovative front office like the one the Mets have do something unorthodox, it's worth noting. Not to mention the Bauer for Gregorious deal. Gregorious is actually really close to Tovar as a player.
    He looks like a back-up until he proves he can hit consistently.

vCash
    I went with Degrom, I'd like him to get more attention then he has been getting. He's old for his league but so is Mateo, who has shot up ranking lists.

I think by this time next year he earns a spot out of ST as a power arm in our pen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    I went with Degrom, I'd like him to get more attention then he has been getting. He's old for his league but so is Mateo, who has shot up ranking lists.

I think by this time next year he earns a spot out of ST as a power arm in our pen.
    Smart man.

vCash
    I went with den Dekker here.

We've all heard about his deficiencies, but I think his poor 2nd half showing in AAA has people underrating his overall value.

At minmum he seems to be a platoon major league OFer that can play a solid defensive CF. At best, he can improve his discipline enough to stick as a solid major league OFer.

I tend to think of him more of a 4th OFer type, but when you can play a solid CF that has value.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    IMO Mazzoni should be ahead of DeGrom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    IMO Mazzoni should be ahead of DeGrom.
    Why??

deGrom has shown a better fastball and holds his velocity deep into starts. Mazzoni does not K enough and is definitely a pen arm at best.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast