Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Game 45: Phoenix Suns @ Dallas Mavericks, Sunday, 1/27/2013, 5:30 MST / 7:30 EST

.. @

(15-28)_______@_______(35-11)

Time: 5:30 PM MST / 7:30 PM ET
    Channel: Check Local Listings

Projected Starting Lineups

Darren Collison - O.J. Mayo - Shawn Marion - Dirk Nowitzki - Chris Kaman

[/FONT][/SIZE]

Goran Dragic - Jared Dudley - P.J. Tucker - Luis Scola - Marcin Gortat

Preview:

The Dallas Mavericks have been beaten by the NBA's top two teams in their last two games on their home floor.

They would figure to have a good chance of avoiding a third straight home loss given their history against the Phoenix Suns in Dallas.

The Mavericks look to win their 10th straight home game over the Suns when they meet Sunday night.

Dallas (18-25) had won five of six before a 113-107 home loss to Southwest Division-leading San Antonio on Friday, which came a week after a 117-114 overtime home loss to Northwest Division-leading Oklahoma City. An 11-0 run in the final minute made the loss to the Spurs appear much more competitive than it was as the Mavericks' defense struggled again.

Dallas ranks among the league's worst units, allowing 103.2 points per game. It has given up 100 or more points 28 times in 43 games this season compared to 18 times in 66 contests last year.

"It's hard to overcome layup after layup, and that's what happened," coach Rick Carlisle said. "They played at a higher level than we did."

Dallas' offense got an unexpected spark with Rodrigue Beaubois' season-high 19 -- more than the 15 points he had the entire month of December. Beaubois has shown flashes of potential at times in his four years with Dallas, but inconsistency has led to him playing a career-low 11.9 minutes this season.

"He was terrific," Carlisle said. "To me it's not about the points but about the energy, enthusiasm and disposition. It's up to him. If he plays like this he has a chance to secure the backup position and he'll challenge for the starting position. But he has to establish the consistency."

More performances like that from Beaubois would be especially big for the Mavericks as Dirk Nowitzki is still trying to find a groove as he returns from knee surgery. Nowitzki is averaging 15.0 points on 34.1 percent shooting in his last three games.

He was sidelined for the Mavericks' first meeting of the season with the Suns, a 97-94 road win on Dec. 6. O.J. Mayo had 23 points as Dallas won for the ninth time in the last 10 matchups.

The Mavericks have also won the last nine in Dallas since a double-overtime loss to Phoenix on March 14, 2007.

The Suns won their first two games under new coach Lindsey Hunter before Saturday's 108-99 loss at San Antonio.

Fourth-quarter play continues to be an issue for Phoenix (15-29), which was outscored 27-17 in the final period by the Spurs. The Suns' averages of 21.9 points on 40.6 percent field-goal shooting in the fourth both rank in the league's bottom third, but Hunter wasn't necessarily discouraged.

"I think our guys did a really good job executing, fighting defensively," Hunter said. "We accomplished everything we talked about, our intensity, our focus and our mental preparation. That's what it's about. I couldn't be more proud of a team than these guys right now."

Goran Dragic is hoping to bounce back after scoring nine -- 5.1 less than his team-leading average.

Source: ESPN

vCash
    holy **** marshall is in!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Marshall with real minutes!

vCash
    now we need Wes in the game

vCash
    dallas needs to win so they can keep up with LAL

vCash
    Beasley looks more involved since the coaching change

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    dallas needs to win so they can keep up with LAL
    Doesn't look like that'll be an issue

vCash
    Please Hunter, just put in Wes Wes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Beasley looks more involved since the coaching change
    been our best player outside of maybe dragic since coaching change

vCash
    It would be moronic to win this game because not only would it hurt our draft selection but it also lowers our chance of getting the Lakers pick since Dallas is a team that's competing with LAL for that last playoff spot and LAL won today.

I'm glad the Suns players know this...losing by 15+ at halftime!

vCash
    dominating this quarter, jesus we gotta lose

vCash
    good to get back in the L column

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan = Donkey View Post
    good to get back in the L column
    me too

i'm apologizing early though, i want the Suns to win Wednesday

vCash
    These 2 losses are great so we can whoop the Lakers *** on Wednesday. Like the Rock says "Just bring it *****!!!!!"

vCash
    Didn't watch but got the quarterly updates on my phone. Glad to see that Dallas won fairly easily.

Personally I don't want us to beat the Lakers. I'd rather improve our pick at the expense of the Laker's pick.