Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pau Gasol

vCash
    Pau for Rudy Gay would be nice.
    it would give LAL a younger player to play with D12 (if he resigns, the guy is a drama queen) for a few years.
    honestly i would take Josh Smith for Pau; he runs the floor, rebounds and blocks and will make the defense better, he can be used in spacing to create space for D12 down low.
    every time Pau goes to the rim it looks like hes going to get block, he goes too weak/Soft, defenders love to challenge him at the rim; i bet they will think twice if he took it hard as smith or studa.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    Wow, just two wins and everybody is falling over themselves to pat Gasol in the back. This is the same clown who went 10 for 24 (42%) in the two games prior to that (both losses). And also the same clown who cries about not getting the ball inside, yet whenever they give it to him in the inside, he still passes back out right away. And let's talk about those amazing 4 rebounds he had on Sunday (yes, that was it, 4!!).

The one and only reason the Lakers won those two games is because Kobe adjusted his game so that all the cry babies on the team could get spoon fed the ball instead of them finding their own offense. Like Mychal Thompson likes to say, you don't need someone else to make you better. So what is going to happen once the other guys don't make shots? Then Kobe is going to take over, the guys are going to decide not to try on defense, and Kobe will be blamed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laker2dodger View Post
    If Pau keeps playing like he has been and starts being aggressive and comes off the bench, then I do not want him to go.
    But for how long is my question. Can Pau really play with that level of intensity for the next 4 and a half months. He's gotta make it till June, and I love Pau, I appreciate everything he's ever done, but I don't think he's up to that task. I'm still a bit bitter then him and Kobe decided to play in the Olympics this past summer, though Kobe kinda took it easy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leather Balls View Post
    Wow, just two wins and everybody is falling over themselves to pat Gasol in the back. This is the same clown who went 10 for 24 (42%) in the two games prior to that (both losses).
    Box score analysis. He played well in each game. Is it all about FG% with you? He was one single FGM below 50% in each of those games. He rebounded well (20 in only 57 minutes), he blocked shots, he got to the line.

And also the same clown who cries about not getting the ball inside, yet whenever they give it to him in the inside, he still passes back out right away.
    So you only see something good happen when somebody shoots? You don't grasp the concept of drawing the defense and moving the ball to work for a good shot?

And let's talk about those amazing 4 rebounds he had on Sunday (yes, that was it, 4!!).
    Damn, that was ONE game. He did other things. He wasn't just standing around against the Thunder. He was boxing out. He has been rebounding well. Per 40 minutes, he has averaged 10.5 rebounds in those last four games that you're *****ing about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Box score analysis. He played well in each game. Is it all about FG% with you? He was one single FGM below 50% in each of those games. He rebounded well (20 in only 57 minutes), he blocked shots, he got to the line.

So you only see something good happen when somebody shoots? You don't grasp the concept of drawing the defense and moving the ball to work for a good shot?

Damn, that was ONE game. He did other things. He wasn't just standing around against the Thunder. He was boxing out. He has been rebounding well. Per 40 minutes, he has averaged 10.5 rebounds in those last four games that you're *****ing about.
    Is not worth wasting your time with irrational haters..
    Pau needs to be traded anyway, we dotn have ANY depth.
    I just hope we dont do the Mem-Bos three way trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Pau is more effective as a 6th man.

I agree!

If he is staying he needs to keep coming off the bench...
    Unlike some Im not against trading him... Over the last 3 years he has been very inconsistent... Funny,how people seem to forget that... Him tanking in the playoffs in PJs last year! Or last year not really showing up and being out played by Ibaka in the playoffs. If D12 is your future, I think if you get a good deal for Pau, you take it. 20 mil is too much for a 3rd or 4th option.

vCash
    Pau lovers vs Pau haters...jeez whatever happened to just plain unbiased Lakers fans?
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    Can't wait for the reaction in here when the lakers lose a couple of games... Gonna be hilarious

vCash
    Yeah, they can't trade Pau right now. It doesn't make any sense to trade Pau, we're better off keeping him, especially till we are sure if Dwight is gonna sign.

And he's already played half the year in LA, so the salary considerations don't really matter at all, whether he made 19M or 10M or whatever for the season. All that matters now is that they play good and make a run at it, and he is capable of being a very good weapon for the Lakers.

vCash
    Howard shoulder is not 100% and he may need surgery. Lakers need Pau like it or not. If both Hill and Howard were good to go yes but now is not the time. Imo trading Pau now is not an option unless you get both a pf and back up center.
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-29-2013 at 10:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    Obviously it's not Pau. Finally people are realizing it. Better late than never.

As for Dwight, I swear people are infatuated with offense. The guy's defense is still top notch - one of the best in the league at that.
    I agree, his defense is more important than his offense.

Thats the thing I've always gotten frustrated with Pau, okay you aren't getting the ball, doesn't mean you go out and get beat on defense. If he played good defense, i wouldn't rail on him as much.

the reason i love clark out there is mainly cuz of his defense out there with Dwight and Metta makes us really good and covers for nash and kobe's deficiencies but when u put pau out there with dwight, pau doesn't rotate well with dwight sometimes or cover penetrating players and he just gets burned.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    If Lakers make it in the playoffs they need Pau. Lakers do not have another player that can play center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    If Lakers make it in the playoffs they need Pau. Lakers do not have another player that can play center.
    i agree, we need him but clark is better alongside dwight than pau is and i like the fact that we have him in our back pocket to bring in when needed.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    If Lakers make a trade it has to be a small trade. Dohan, Ebanks for a vet combo guard or small foward thats it. Why Lakers kept Ebanks and let Barns walk is beyond me.
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-30-2013 at 01:38 AM.

vCash
    Pau needs to ask for a trade.

He is wasting his last years here.

You could take the 6th man thing in a team that is going to win a ring and with a coach that respectfuly asks you to do it.

Instead we are AT BEST a second round exited guided by a Moronic coach that keeps humilliating him for no reason.

Sorry, but he HAS TO ASK for a trade, or Ask for the dumbass head.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast