Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pau Gasol

vCash
    the reason we won..

Pau Gasol: D'Antoni's system? We're kind of playing our own system.

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Eh, I really don't think Pau provides us anything irreplaceable... whereas I feel Howard does.

That being said, I have been saying for awhile that the FO needs to pick one of them and commit to it. I really don't have much of a preference over which one so long as we can get good value in a trade for either.
    ^^^^This. Pau is the problem if he STARTS. Clark is giving us just what we need in the starting line-up, speed, athleticsm and defense. As long as Pau excepts this bench role from here on out with no *****ing and whining, then the Lakers are in a great position to make a serious run.... And if Howard can channel his inner Dennis Rodman and stop worrying about shot attempts, then it will pay huge dividends for the team come playoff time... With D12's lack of a legitimate post game and horrid free-throw shooting, touches on offensive should be the LAST thing he's concerned about...

vCash
    I don't think we need that many stars on the floor at the same time. I've been saying it for a while, that we need to bench one of our regular starters to give us more punch off the bench (but nobody really listens to me...haha).

Anyway, it's working now, so I hope we've found the formula that helps us win a championship

vCash
    Howard has proven my point...NOT READY for primetime. Van Gundy said it best during the game today. Howard wants to be the main cog on offense on a team that is a contender with no pressure fom a coach and no accountability for wins and losses. He definitely is not the one to carrry a team because he mentally does not have the mentality to lead. Trading him may be our best move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoh View Post
    the reason we won..

Pau Gasol: D'Antoni's system? We're kind of playing our own system.
    Well, at least that means D'Antoni is adjusting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestlaker75 View Post
    Howard has proven my point...NOT READY for primetime. Van Gundy said it best during the game today. Howard wants to be the main cog on offense on a team that is a contender with no pressure fom a coach and no accountability for wins and losses. He definitely is not the one to carrry a team because he mentally does not have the mentality to lead. Trading him may be our best move.
    Seriously though... what has JVG won?

We all know Phil wanted to coach Dwight. There must be a reason...

Out of the 2, I trust Phil's assessment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestlaker75 View Post
    Howard definitely creates huge problems for teams, though.......on both ends of the court. He attracts attention, which gives our other players open shots.

We just have to keep movin' the rock how we are now, play tough d, and hustle, and we have a great lineup............as is.

vCash
    Lakers are 6-1 this year when not running any system. 4-1 with Bernie, only loss being a 2 point defeat to the Spurs I think. Won the last two games.

vCash
    Why can't someone just teach Dwight to keep the ball up high once he receives it. ITS SO FRUSTRATING!!!

vCash
    Playing like a Boss. Keeps playing like that and it will be impossible to trade him without a kings ransom in return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Pau is more effective as a 6th man.
    He had already started playing better before the demotion. The team kept losing even after the demotion, until the players took over and gradually slowed the pace down.

Gasol and Howard played a lot of effective minutes together, including down the stretch. There's no reason Gasol shouldn't be a starter, except for D'Antoni to be able to rationalize that he's still coaching the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    time to fool the bulls , howard for deng and noah

of fawk the haws , howard for teague, koerver and horford
    Gotta include at least one draft pick in there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    Why can't someone just teach Dwight to keep the ball up high once he receives it. ITS SO FRUSTRATING!!!
    It's because he's not "soft". In order to take it up strong, even a tall player and a leaper like Dwight has to gather himself to get some lift. The alternative is to do it the fundamental way, like Gasol or McHale, and keep the ball up high, even if it means you have to lay it in sometimes.

Dunking is good, but sometimes it's better to protect the ball.

vCash
    If only we could trade Dwight Blake and Jamison to the Blazers for Aldridge, Batum and Lillard... Trade Rape

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobeonekenobe View Post
    If only we could trade Dwight Blake and Jamison to the Blazers for Aldridge, Batum and Lillard... Trade Rape
    Haha, i'd take that in an instant. Pretty sure every Laker would

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast