Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pau Gasol

vCash
    Obviously it's not Pau. Finally people are realizing it. Better late than never.

As for Dwight, I swear people are infatuated with offense. The guy's defense is still top notch - one of the best in the league at that.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by troyler21hxc View Post
    That might be worth looking at.
    no not worth it at all...

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    no not worth it at all...
    I'm a huge Dwight fan but until he says he is staying its hard to say if a good offer comes you can't give it a hard look.

vCash
    I'm a huge Dwight fan but until he says he is staying its hard to say if a good offer comes you can't give it a hard look.
    You have to take a look at any offer... im glad we traded for dwight.. why????? Because we got a real damm good role player in Clark!

vCash
    We're better off with Dwight leaving then getting that in return. The Lakers will not be winning championships with those guys. Noah is signed until 2016. Horford as well (and both have history of injuries).The other guys mentioned end their contracts in 2014, so what would be the point of trading a superstar for role players and just borderline all-star(s) for an extra year or two?
    Last edited by Avenged24; 01-27-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    A better shot at a last ride for KB24

vCash
    only fools blame Pau. They know who they are.
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-27-2013 at 09:27 PM.

vCash
    I pointed that out many times. His role changed he was playing away from the basket. I compare his role to that of Horace Grant next to Shaq. I also point out it was Hooward who needed to step up but i give him a break because of his back. I refuse to talk bad about Howard until the all star break. If he dont get his act together by then its on.

vCash
    Obviously it's not Pau. Finally people are realizing it. Better late than never.

As for Dwight, I swear people are infatuated with offense. The guy's defense is still top notch - one of the best in the league at that.
    The bigger problem is that Dwight himself has this issue. His comments repeatedly show that he really cares about being a primary offensive option, yet he has done nothing to deserve that role.

vCash

Yeah all this trade Dwight nonsense is ridiculous...The guy was everywhere on defense...I watched him change so many shots, and even on offense, Kobe and a lot of the other guys get open lanes to the basket because no one wants to leave Dwight...Some Laker fans are stupid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    only fools blame Pau. They know who they are.
    Every player has been to blame. Just because he is doing better now does not mean he was not part of the problem. Was him not being put in the right positions hurting him? Yes. But his defense was poor as were many of his shot attempts. Glad he seems to have gotten his confidence back though.

vCash
    Eh, I really don't think Pau provides us anything irreplaceable... whereas I feel Howard does.

That being said, I have been saying for awhile that the FO needs to pick one of them and commit to it. I really don't have much of a preference over which one so long as we can get good value in a trade for either.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Man I'm really torn between what the lakers should do with Pau. One side of me wants the lakers to get something valuable and help out our bench,or get a solid starter back. The other side of me wants to see Pau continue to tear things up coming off the bench.

If he could be odom like, and continue to be a beast off the bench then I could realistically see us making the playoffs. Pau could be the missing piece we been looking for. Oh the irony.

He's still soft but has game still.

vCash
    I don't think Gasol is playing better because he moved to the bench. He's clearly just getting healthy. You can see it in his mobility. It's also pretty clear that gasol can play well with howard, as gasol's passing compliments howard's game. Howard wasn't as bad as some people are talking about. He was active and effective on the glass and defensively. Had he not gotten into foul trouble he would have probably had a stronger game offensively.

vCash
    It's clear what the problem is and no, it's not the play of any single player. It's the style of play that we've been playing with all season. When bernie took over we looked great cause we played inside-out. Under d'antoni we've looked great when we control tempo and play inside-out. This is the key, play inside-out and control tempo. We do this and we will contend for a title, if we don't we likely won't make the playoffs, it's that simple.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast