Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Gotta be an A. They went through one of the toughest parts of their schedule before the injuries started making an impact in mid December, and came out looking elite. And without 2 main cogs in Amare and Shumpert, and missed Felton for an entire month. Camby and Wallace have barely played.

Now that the main pieces are in place at least, and actually playing well....this team is due to get back on track. I actually liked their offense today with a bit of iso and still good ball movement. You've gotta have Iso in the NBA, that's why teams score 100 points in the NBA...exploiting match ups. That whole ball movement thing, and systems like the Triangle/Princeton are for the guys that can't get a big basket...when guys like Novak or Shumpert or Kidd aren't hitting outside shots....what are you going to let them shoot 3s and shoot you out of a game?

I've liked their defense since maybe Orlando (Philly and Atl games not included). They've just got to bring it all together consistently. Defensively has to be the focus. A team this talented, and the offense will take care of itself most nights.

vCash
    B+
    8/10

We started out very well and was the last undefeated team in the league. The offense running smoothly, defense was fierce, we were shooting high percentage, and lead the league in fewest turnovers. We were an A- then for the 1st 2months of the season, but this month was just really brutal. Yes injuries suspensions and chemistry of our returning players cost us some games but it shouldn't be an excuse because we have talent on our team that is capable of winning games even if depleted specially against mediocre teams. With that I think it is just fair to rate this team's 1st half from A- to B+.

It's party time!

vCash
    Wonder how everyone thought we did the first half of the season last year with all these Cs. We've had a ton of injuries and we are still 13 games above .500, have the 6th best record in the league, and the 2nd best in our conference.

I give us an A-

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    I'd say B-. I hate the way we have been playing and the lack of defense is killing me and this team. I do give a little slack because of the injuries and hopefully now that we have Felton, Amar'e, and Shump back this team can start to take off. Amar'e has been very very good so far and improving defensively and on the boards actually going after balls and boxing out a few times. His rotations improving it seems every game and hopefully he continues to work at it. His weakside shotblocking has always been good and helps this team. The perimeter defense just needs to improve (our p&r d which Amar'e and TC were getting burned on) and our guards not stopping penetration. Lots of ups and downs but 1-1/2 out of the 1 seed still its hard to be too critical at this point as long as this team starts playing D again.

vCash
    B.

vCash
    C...they started out really good...I dont know who these guys are
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    I give them a C. And yeah maybe it is low but I wasn't the one talking championship at the beginning of the season.....being a dominant home team and bragging about Melo playing like the MVP.

The team set high expectations and thats what the fans expect to see. Not defensive break downs and technical fouls. We are right there with Miami at the top of the division but we should be in front of them.

Sure we've been injured but nobody is gonna feel sorry for us. For whatever reason the team has lost its early season passion and intensity...that's what I want to see. C

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayweather&NYK View Post
    I think the knicks get an A-

November we went 11-4
    December we went 10-5
    January we've gone 6-6

we have one more to go in January which is against Orlando, if we win that would put us at 7-6 for the Month with Felton missing 12 games, No Rasheed at ALL, Camby re-injured, The return of both Amare and Shumpert as they regain their form all the while losing 3 games by 5 points or less, one by 6 points and really only 2 inexplicable losses, one to Chicago which wasn't really a close game at all (we just made the score respectable with a crazy 4th qtr to lose by 7) and then the loss the philly yesterday. I literally don't know how much worse things could have gotten and we are still able to finish the month with a positive record at 7-6.

February has a very favorable schedule lined up for us. We are 1 1/2 game(s) out of 1st in the Conference, 2 games ahead and in 1st place in our Division, and the Roster is beginning to regain form and health right before the All star break. We have 8 more games until the All Star break which I think is really when the grading of the team should be, nevertheless 6 of those 8 are at the Garden and 6 of those 8 teams are against opponents with records of at least 7 games under .500 with the only real threats being Milwaukee and LAC.

I give us an A- because we have positioned ourselves very well... we have no trade rumors affecting our team as a result of excellent chemistry and a great record. Melo is continuing to perform at an MVP level, which is opening the floor up for Amare to continue to soar in his progression. Woodson has these players BELIEVING in their roles, and after the AS break if we finish well these final 8 games we could easily be in 1st place well on our way to winning the Division and Conference as we make our championship push toward the playoffs....

great year so far... MY expectations remain high!
    Pretty good context.

I don't believe in grades though........maybe colors would be better.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WyuRkyOwpQA/TKJerbIQ_qI/AAAAAAAAAPI/m3rg3YK-aU0/s1600/Threatlevels.bmp
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    NBA.COM says: A-

Summary
    After a ridiculously hot start, the Knicks have come back down to earth somewhat. They started the season 18-5, but went 7-9 between Dec. 17 and Jan. 21. They're still the second-best team in the Eastern Conference, but could be in a dogfight for that position (with two or three different teams) in the last couple of months of the season.
    Injuries have played a role in the slump. The Knicks were 20-8 with Felton. Without him, their pick-and-roll game has diminished. They also couldn't keep making 41 percent of their threes. But more concerning is the defensive regression, which started well before Felton (or Rasheed Wallace) got hurt.
    The hope is that Iman Shumpert, back from offseason knee surgery, will stabilize the perimeter defense. If he can, then the Knicks can really stand out as the team most qualified to give the Heat a scare on their way back to The Finals.
    At worst, New York will get its first playoff series win in 13 years.
    -- John Schuhmann
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

vCash
    B-, We needed felton to shake the rust off and to drive and kick out to the shooters.We need J.R. to stop chucking up bad shots and melo stop going into iso's. pluses-Amare is looking good and if he can keep up the pace can be that scoring option off the bench.Copeland and pablo have played well when given the chance.

We just need to get healthy in the long run.Woodson tonight said sheed is close to practicing and and camby is still well away from coming back.

vCash
    A-

We've put ourselves in better position than i thought we would. What we do after the all-star break is anyone's guess. This team has a few different looks and we need to find consistency. No more BS efforts or fasting BS from 'Melo.

vCash
    I give them an A and they can and will get better. upgrade to A+

vCash
    This team can rank at A+ when they're passing well, shooting well and making good defensive rotations. When they play a stagnant, chuck happy offense with lazy defense they fall to F in my opinion. I'm hoping it's just the exhaustion setting in right now because Woodson promised to hold this team accountable and damnit I don't see any accountability besides his "disappointment" when players get lazy on defense.

vCash
    Scale of 1 - 10: 7

No excuses for injuries -- every team has em. ie - Oh the Bulls make us look like idiots - and they haven't had D-Rose -- so don't cry to me about our injuries. Check the records. Where would we be without Melo?

It's nice that we are in 1st in the Atlantic -- but overall the NBA is a grind - and to win rings - you need to grind it out.

We lost a lot of that momentum of the hot start -- and now I see us reverting to the mean.

We'll obviously make the playoffs - where the 2nd Season will prove the 1's half of the 1st season is not even worth discussing.

I rate the season as a success so far as for gaining some respectability -- not much more than that.

Wish I was more optimistic - but to me - I've seen us win the Eastern Conf Finals twice in my life -- woop dee doo.

This team is not a long term team currently -- 2 year window.

Whoever gives them A's etc is just so happy that they made it this far from obscurity at this point -- but I am not convinced I'll be any happier at the end of the season this year than I have been for the last 20 years.

First half '12 - '13: 7 out of 10. E for Effort.
    you have to be trusted by the people that you lie to -pink floyd

1/23/14: This "team" is irreparably damaged

My Solution: Shut the team down until ALL current contracts expire. If players / coaches / execs can find jobs elsewhere - let them go get new contracts and cut ties completely.

Wait ~5years and relaunch as an expansion team.

Bring back 2 people -- no more, no less. 1: Walt Frazier 2: Herb Williams [Honorable Mention: Mike Breen]

vCash
    We have lost a few games you'd expect a great team like us to win. Namely against Chicago and Houston. We have also won games that we probably shouldn't have won, mainly against Miami and San Antonio. Overall we have a great record and we are 2nd in our conference, first in the division. Even with the bad finish, we had a strong start to the season so we can sustain this.

Overall I'd give us an A-. We have been a lot better than I expected. Even with this lull

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast