Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Knicks have played 41 games, rate the first half of the season

B
    8/10

Started the season really well and that some point, teams startedf figuring us out, and our coach isn't good enough to make the right adjustments.

For god sakes give Kidd a rest.
    Remind melo how to pass out of doubles
    Make Jr smith watch tapes of all of his bad shot attempts
    force Novak to double the shots he takes in practice.

vCash
    5........... b minus...... good thread also.

vCash
    B+

Would have been an A but this last month has been mediocre
    Future Ace

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber37 View Post
    B
    8/10

Started the season really well and that some point, teams startedf figuring us out, and our coach isn't good enough to make the right adjustments.

For god sakes give Kidd a rest.
    Remind melo how to pass out of doubles
    Make Jr smith watch tapes of all of his bad shot attempts
    force Novak to double the shots he takes in practice.
    Because we started so hot, it's hard far me to grade fairly. I think our D has been terrible and that's what got us going.
    I am getting worried that Woody isn't going to get us over the top. He seems to have lost his ability to get them playing the way the started the season.

I give a C+

vCash
    B this is about where I expected us to be coming into the year, about a 50 win team

vCash
    C...they are truly a Jeckyl & Hyde team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefanalways View Post
    c...they are truly a jeckyl & hyde team.
    couldnt have said it better myself/................

vCash
    C tooo....too inconsistent...b minus at best

vCash
    I like how y'all have the second best team in the east with b minuses and c's. We started out so hot that you are all spoiled. But remember no one expected us to be this good. No one! And now that u are spoiled all of a sudden u give c's....smh.

Knicks get a B+. We have slacked off recently but injury has a lot to do with it.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    Grade:A

The Knicks have the second best record in the East, who would have thought that coming into this season.

vCash
    b-, with the talent we have, we should be the best team in the league. instead we are just above average right now. its disappointing to lose to the bulls, the sixers (last night), the rockets (etc) the way we did. melo has been a bit disappointing in some ways.

that aside, the real test for this team is the playoffs. this is an old veteran team, and you kind of expect them to slack off in a few games, but the true test is the playoffs, and how far they get in them. we should expect at least a conference finals, otherwise its a failed season. a championship though, should be on everyone's minds because of how veteran savvy we are as well as, having the talent for it.
    Wallace for us is kind of a glue guy they we have missed. lets hope hes back.

26-15 is very disappointing right now though!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thenyknicks View Post
    b-, with the talent we have, we should be the best team in the league. instead we are just above average right now. its disappointing to lose to the bulls, the sixers (last night), the rockets (etc) the way we did. melo has been a bit disappointing in some ways.

that aside, the real test for this team is the playoffs. this is an old veteran team, and you kind of expect them to slack off in a few games, but the true test is the playoffs, and how far they get in them. we should expect at least a conference finals, otherwise its a failed season. a championship though, should be on everyone's minds because of how veteran savvy we are as well as, having the talent for it.
    Wallace for us is kind of a glue guy they we have missed. lets hope hes back.

26-15 is very disappointing right now though!
    You make no sense, and contradict yourself about 4 times, this is the first week we have most of our team (top players) playing together, the fact that we are a game behind Miami for the top spot in the east is a great spot to be in. Anthony disappointing???? only scoring 29 pts a game. When healthy we are one of the deepest teams in the nba. We need to lockdown in the low post and keep pts out of the paint, and just better def, other then that b+ for the first half!!!!!!

vCash
    Its hard to answer this because of all the injuries. To be where we are despite all the injuries how could you not give them an A. However that great chemistry and ball movement that we had at the begining of the season is not there anymore

vCash
    i understand your point Jason.

vCash
    I think the knicks get an A-

November we went 11-4
    December we went 10-5
    January we've gone 6-6

we have one more to go in January which is against Orlando, if we win that would put us at 7-6 for the Month with Felton missing 12 games, No Rasheed at ALL, Camby re-injured, The return of both Amare and Shumpert as they regain their form all the while losing 3 games by 5 points or less, one by 6 points and really only 2 inexplicable losses, one to Chicago which wasn't really a close game at all (we just made the score respectable with a crazy 4th qtr to lose by 7) and then the loss the philly yesterday. I literally don't know how much worse things could have gotten and we are still able to finish the month with a positive record at 7-6.

February has a very favorable schedule lined up for us. We are 1 1/2 game(s) out of 1st in the Conference, 2 games ahead and in 1st place in our Division, and the Roster is beginning to regain form and health right before the All star break. We have 8 more games until the All Star break which I think is really when the grading of the team should be, nevertheless 6 of those 8 are at the Garden and 6 of those 8 teams are against opponents with records of at least 7 games under .500 with the only real threats being Milwaukee and LAC.

I give us an A- because we have positioned ourselves very well... we have no trade rumors affecting our team as a result of excellent chemistry and a great record. Melo is continuing to perform at an MVP level, which is opening the floor up for Amare to continue to soar in his progression. Woodson has these players BELIEVING in their roles, and after the AS break if we finish well these final 8 games we could easily be in 1st place well on our way to winning the Division and Conference as we make our championship push toward the playoffs....

great year so far... MY expectations remain high!
    Last edited by Mayweather&NYK; 01-28-2013 at 12:30 AM. Reason: error

THE REAL DRAFT GURU

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast