Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 158
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,411
    vCash
    1500
    OKC may be the individual team favorite, but they are far and away under dogs to win the WCF. There are just TOO many good teams in the West that can potentially upset them.

    The Spurs, Clippers, Memphis and to a lesser degree GSW and Denver all have a legitimate shot at an upset win in a series.

    Face those teams twice and the odds stack up against you fast.

    Heck, even the probable lower 7/8 seed teams (Utah, Rockets, Portland and the Lakers) could potentially upset any of the front running teams in a 7 game series if they got hot at the right time.

    As for Miami, I think the teams that could give Miami the toughest time of the favored teams from the West are Memphis (too much size), Spurs (too much ball movement and experience) and the Clippers (crazy deep), with OKC oddly as the least favored of the four simply due to match ups of play style.

    OKC has the best odds to win the WCF, but that doesn't mean their odds are even as good as 50/50 to win the WCF.

    Compare this where the East where I think most people acknowledge that Miami is the odds on favorite with a better than 50/50 chance to come out of the East. With the injury to Rondo, who can really challenge the Heat this year out of the East?

    The Knicks? Indiana? The Bulls (if Rose is healthy)? And 2/3 of those teams I wouldn't even consider a favorite against Denver or GSW in a 7 game series, let alone Memphis, OKC, the Spurs or the Clippers. Heck, I'm not even sure if 2/3 of those teams would be favorites against Portland and the Houston Rockets.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    18
    vCash
    1500
    OP is an idiot. This isnt european soccer where best record gives you the championship

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,797
    vCash
    1503
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    OKC may be the individual team favorite, but they are far and away under dogs to win the WCF. There are just TOO many good teams in the West that can potentially upset them.

    The Spurs, Clippers, Memphis and to a lesser degree GSW and Denver all have a legitimate shot at an upset win in a series.

    Face those teams twice and the odds stack up against you fast.

    Heck, even the probable lower 7/8 seed teams (Utah, Rockets, Portland and the Lakers) could potentially upset any of the front running teams in a 7 game series if they got hot at the right time.

    As for Miami, I think the teams that could give Miami the toughest time of the favored teams from the West are Memphis (too much size), Spurs (too much ball movement and experience) and the Clippers (crazy deep), with OKC oddly as the least favored of the four simply due to match ups of play style.

    OKC has the best odds to win the WCF, but that doesn't mean their odds are even as good as 50/50 to win the WCF.

    Compare this where the East where I think most people acknowledge that Miami is the odds on favorite with a better than 50/50 chance to come out of the East. With the injury to Rondo, who can really challenge the Heat this year out of the East?

    The Knicks? Indiana? The Bulls (if Rose is healthy)? And 2/3 of those teams I wouldn't even consider a favorite against Denver or GSW in a 7 game series, let alone Memphis, OKC, the Spurs or the Clippers. Heck, I'm not even sure if 2/3 of those teams would be favorites against Portland and the Houston Rockets.
    It's a great question, and the answer is maybe the bulls if rose gets back to 75% healthy. Otherwise miami won't face much resistance on their way to the finals.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,145
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketLoc80 View Post
    Nobody is beating them in a seven games series and Durant is poised to become the best player in the league. Miami doesn`t even have a shot because they are worse this year. So you might as well get a parade ready for OKC
    how so??? miami got ray allen and okc traded harden for marin. if anyone got worse its okc.

    WELCOME 2 KC!!!

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    Posts
    11,090
    vCash
    1500
    lol
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE


    BLUE JAYS

    twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    10,895
    vCash
    1500
    Yes



  7. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    2,317
    vCash
    1500
    "Sweet Jesus, let me kill this igga"



    Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Red Square
    Posts
    3,416
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketLoc80 View Post
    Nobody is beating them in a seven games series and Durant is poised to become the best player in the league. Miami doesn`t even have a shot because they are worse this year. So you might as well get a parade ready for OKC
    cool











  9. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,797
    vCash
    1503
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Fast View Post
    how so??? miami got ray allen and okc traded harden for marin. if anyone got worse its okc.
    that's d12 fan's dup account. don't mind him

  10. #145
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    94
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Zo View Post
    Did you not mention biased commentators, or am I just seeing things?
    dude i was making a observation on what i heard while i was watching a game i dont even like the celtics i was a neutral fan for tht game or did u just stop reading my post after u found the point u wanted to complain about if so go back and read it again when did i ever say tht there was some kind of conspiracy or anything against my team ever i was just pointing out the inconsistincey of even the commentators. When did i ever mention tht anyone has had it in for my team

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hereford, England
    Posts
    847
    vCash
    1500
    OKC is the favourite for West but if Lakers somehow scrape into playoffs, that will be a tough 1st round match up. Then assuming they beat the Lakers as would be expected, odds are that they'd have to face either Clips or Spurs in the semis and then the other 1 in the finals. Grizzlies could also be 1 of those. That is not an easy route to the finals at all.

    Miami should steamroll into the East finals minimum and probably to the NBA Finals well rested.

    A lot of assumptions i know, but i definitely wouldn't be giving OKC anything yet.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,516
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tht_one_guy View Post
    dude i was making a observation on what i heard while i was watching a game i dont even like the celtics i was a neutral fan for tht game or did u just stop reading my post after u found the point u wanted to complain about if so go back and read it again when did i ever say tht there was some kind of conspiracy or anything against my team ever i was just pointing out the inconsistincey of even the commentators. When did i ever mention tht anyone has had it in for my team
    LOL who's complaining? I was just pointing out that everyone hates Hubie Brown because he comes off as biased against both sides. He just has a terrible way of wording things. One side will catch what you pointed out about LeBron, and the other will only catch what he says about how it's "unfortunate" that their team did something good. Again, I never thought you were a Celtics fan, just pointing it out.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,210
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    OKC may be the individual team favorite, but they are far and away under dogs to win the WCF. There are just TOO many good teams in the West that can potentially upset them.

    The Spurs, Clippers, Memphis and to a lesser degree GSW and Denver all have a legitimate shot at an upset win in a series.

    Face those teams twice and the odds stack up against you fast.

    Heck, even the probable lower 7/8 seed teams (Utah, Rockets, Portland and the Lakers) could potentially upset any of the front running teams in a 7 game series if they got hot at the right time.

    As for Miami, I think the teams that could give Miami the toughest time of the favored teams from the West are Memphis (too much size), Spurs (too much ball movement and experience) and the Clippers (crazy deep), with OKC oddly as the least favored of the four simply due to match ups of play style.

    OKC has the best odds to win the WCF, but that doesn't mean their odds are even as good as 50/50 to win the WCF.

    Compare this where the East where I think most people acknowledge that Miami is the odds on favorite with a better than 50/50 chance to come out of the East. With the injury to Rondo, who can really challenge the Heat this year out of the East?

    The Knicks? Indiana? The Bulls (if Rose is healthy)? And 2/3 of those teams I wouldn't even consider a favorite against Denver or GSW in a 7 game series, let alone Memphis, OKC, the Spurs or the Clippers. Heck, I'm not even sure if 2/3 of those teams would be favorites against Portland and the Houston Rockets.
    can a team have the best odds to win the wcf and still be underdogs to win the west? lol

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    10,522
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Zo View Post
    LOL who's complaining? I was just pointing out that everyone hates Hubie Brown because he comes off as biased against both sides. He just has a terrible way of wording things. One side will catch what you pointed out about LeBron, and the other will only catch what he says about how it's "unfortunate" that their team did something good. Again, I never thought you were a Celtics fan, just pointing it out.
    I actually like Hubie.

    He seems to praise both sides during the games and doesn't seem too biased one way or the other on most nights.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,161
    vCash
    1500
    I think our bigs (Memphis)could beat OKC but they are the favorites.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •