3 30.00%
  • Gilbert Arenas

2 20.00%
  • Delonte West

5 50.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHawk1123 View Post
    Sign Anthony Carter and blow this thing up once and for all...

Trade away as much as you can for picks and expiring contracts... Tank the rest of the season and try and get a top 5 pick. #ComeInLazzForShabazz
    I hear ya man, but I really don't think the Celtics Ownership blows it up.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    It won't even be easy to blow up if that was what we wanted to do. A lot of our guys trade value has never been lower (Bass, Lee, Terry, Pierce) and Pierce and KG are at a salary range that isn't exactly easy to move to a team that 1. needs them for a playoff run, and 2. Needs them and also has young talent we would want back that can matchup salary wise to make the trade work. A couple weeks ago we were going to trade big to get better for playoffs, but now without Rondo how realistic is that?

I don't see any point in signing a PG of the caliber mentioned in this thread. I agree we don't have pure PGs, but none of those FA guys are going to have impact to be playoff difference makers. Maybe Ainge can pull something off to salvage this season and at least make it exciting given I think we will be good enough to not have a great draft pick anyway, but otherwise I would run with who we have and start playing Sully, Green, Bradley heavy minutes....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Webb View Post
    It won't even be easy to blow up if that was what we wanted to do. A lot of our guys trade value has never been lower (Bass, Lee, Terry, Pierce) and Pierce and KG are at a salary range that isn't exactly easy to move to a team that 1. needs them for a playoff run, and 2. Needs them and also has young talent we would want back that can matchup salary wise to make the trade work. A couple weeks ago we were going to trade big to get better for playoffs, but now without Rondo how realistic is that?

I don't see any point in signing a PG of the caliber mentioned in this thread. I agree we don't have pure PGs, but none of those FA guys are going to have impact to be playoff difference makers. Maybe Ainge can pull something off to salvage this season and at least make it exciting given I think we will be good enough to not have a great draft pick anyway, but otherwise I would run with who we have and start playing Sully, Green, Bradley heavy minutes....
    Pierce's contract is very valuable, especially to a team like the Grizzlies, because he is only guaranteed 4m next season.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB23Ricky View Post
    All im gonna say is im glad that was the first meeting against them cuz when we get fully healthy we are gonna rape them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unwantedplayer View Post
    Pierce's contract is very valuable, especially to a team like the Grizzlies, because he is only guaranteed 4m next season.
    Yes if you have and are willing to trade back a contract like Rudy Gay now. I understand the Memphis luxury tax situation, but I don't think their management is looking to trade Gay for basically a 1 year contract for a 36 year old player who probably won't fit in that quickly to impact the team this year and then be gone, with no young assets in return.

vCash
    Ride it out.

Minor signing of a true pg

Second scorer and Big man remain priorities.

Think losing Rajon is big? What if KG were to go down?
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Ride it out.

i always thought rondo's impact is so overrated .

if we can somehow trade him for lowry and then move pierce for a solid BIG , we can be even a better team .

vCash
    The Celtics are done if they lose KG. Cannot replace him this year. I would love to see this team add really soild #5 (center).

Doesn't have be Dwight Howard player, but M. Gortat/ JJ Hickson type would be great.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Isn't Barbosa still on the team? Start Lee/Bradley and have Barbosa be the primary backup PG or start Barbosa with Lee/Terry as the backup PG. Unless Ainge blows the team up then Boston could just solve the PG issue in house.

vCash
    Yes player mins are going up Bradley/ Lee/ Terry/ Barbosa. I expect their production will as well. I think you still need a true vet back up PG.

Leaves you no answer with another injury or any wiggle room later.

I do think production will get better with more mins/ defined roles. I have said that the Celtics backcourt was to crowded and frontcourt to thin.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    I guess of the vet PGs, I would lean towards Anthony Carter. He's okay on defense and takes care of the ball, don't really need him for the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Derek Fisher

Early Boykins

Anthony Carter

Mike Bibby

Donald Sloan
    I would pass on all of them.
    El Presidente

vCash
    I read something earlier that jonny flynn was available. Can score and pass well. Why not him?

vCash
    Iverson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Ride it out.

If KG went down I would be chanting Melooooo. KG going down would hurt us more as a team but at least it would give Melo an opportunity to gain some NBA experience. I hope they still give him a shot this year if things go south.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    i always thought rondo's impact is so overrated .

if we can somehow trade him for lowry and then move pierce for a solid BIG , we can be even a better team .
    I remember there was talk about a Rondo for Westbrook trade and now we're willing to take Lowry? It sounds like a desperate move if they make it. Not saying Lowry isn't a good player but Rondo is our PG imo I don't see a need to trade him while he is injured for less than what he may be worth healthy.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast