Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    Hurricane Sandy?

It's snowing right now, I wouldnt call it a massive storm though. A lot of hail though, that stuff blows.
    there was one farther north i beleive recently. like the new england area
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    You are ignorant.

You said that I base my opinion of the city on blind hatred. You are so ridiculous.

Sidenote: Wasn't there just a massive storm in that area or has the news lied to me.
    Dude, have a bowl of sugar and calm down as we try to figure out this elite thing.

Sidenote: that was a hurricane months ago which effected the coast. If you thought it was a winter storm you might have been watching the re-run of the "the day after tomorrow".

vCash
    Blizzard of 2010
    On December 26, 2010, a Nor’easter dropped more than 20 inches of snow on New York City. Strong winds pushed the falling snow into drifts that measured up to four feet. Transportation suffered major delays as airports and rail shut down across the city and Long Island. Travelers driving home from the holidays got stuck in the snow and abandoned their vehicles. These abandoned vehicles made it difficult for the city’s plows to clear the accumulating snow. The 2010-2011 winter went on to be one of the snowiest on record, with 56.1 inches falling in January 2011 alone.

After the storm, OEM introduced a Snow Emergency Declaration to caution residents against unnecessary driving during a snowstorm and keep roads clear for plows and emergency vehicles.

February 2006 Snowstorm
    Record-breaking snowfall blanketed New York City on February 11 and 12, 2006, making this February storm the biggest in the city’s history. Measurements taken in Central Park showed that 26.9 inches had accumulated by the storm's end. The snow fell for 16 hours, and meterologists classified the storm as a nor'easter with winds about 20-30 mph.

In the city, the Department of Sanitation worked around the clock to remove snow from roads and walkways. The City deployed 2,500 workers to cover 12-hour shifts to handle snow clean-up.

With 25.4 inches of snow reported at LaGuardia Airport, hundreds of flights at both LaGuardia and John F. Kennedy Airports were canceled. Long Island Railroad temporarily stopped service into and out of Penn Station; Metro-North service shut down for part of the day; extensive subway delays were seen mostly on the 2, 4, 5, L and M lines; New York City's Bus service was running at 50% capacity. Despite the transportation interruptions, no serious storm-related injuries occurred.

President's Day Storm 2003
    Nearly two feet of snow blanketed the New York City area following the President's Day storm of Feb. 17, 2003, which claimed 42 lives nationwide, stranded thousands of travelers, and cost the City $20 million.

Two deaths in the metropolitan area were attributed to the storm, including a man who died of carbon monoxide poisoning while he was warming up his car, and a man killed when a roof collapsed under the weight of the snow.

Major airports along the eastern seaboard — including LaGuardia Airport — shut down, while Kennedy and Newark Airports issued extensive flight cancelations. Bus service was halted in and out of Port Authority Bus Terminal, while Metro-North, Long Island Rail Road, New Jersey Transit, and Amtrak trains ran with scattered delays.

NOW THAT WE'VE DETERMINED WHAT CAN POSSIBLY HAPPEN IN NYC DURING A BAD SNOW STORM, LETS GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TOPIC.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 01-28-2013 at 03:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    I must have missed how it snows underground in the subways, how the train/bulldozer clears the tracks, etc.

Hello? - Do you honestly think the City, with a snowstorm on the horizon, would sit there and collectivley say "oh shiat, now what?". Seriously? Seriously? Com'on.
    You're crazy if you don't think a couple feet of snow would screw things up. Some things you just can't be prepared enough for. All you need to do is look back a few months to Sandy to see what mother nature can do to NYC and its surroundings (and that's ignoring all the blizzards and snow events that have disrupted everything in the past, too).
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Flacco is not even close to elite. Neither is Kaepernick but he at least has some more room to grow. I don't understand how anything Flacco has done to this point in his career screams elite INDIVIDUAL player.
    While I agree with you, I do think Flacco deserves more credit than the guy has received. He doesn't throw INTs, even when his workload increases. 2.2% for his career and 2.35% in the postseason. That's fantastic.

He definitely has help, being able to rely on Rice often, but he deserves plenty of credit for his performance over the last 2 years.

The Ravens are 4-1, and Flacco did everything to make them 5-0, including giving his team two shots at a win in last year's AFC Championship game, and his teammates blew both. And they're 4-1 in that run in no small part due to Joe Flacco's play.

He's throwing the ball 31x a game, which, while not huge, isn't simply a game-manager either. And in those 5 games....

12-1 TD:INT and 101.8 QB Rating.

1 INT is huge. 4 games with 0. As CHFF has shown, you usually win when your QB throws 0 INT in the postseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Menfan4lyfe View Post
    I'm a fan of the league too. I watched all of the playoff games even though my team isn't in it. I'm just sick of all the Eli bashing. I've never gone out and called him the best QB in the league but he is a fringe Top 5 guy. And people like Pinstripe always try to discount his SB performances but in last years game he threw 40 passes and completed 75% of them but Pinstripe would have you think he completed all those passes on the last drive of the game.

I just don't understand the constant hate and Eli bashing when the Giants weren't even in the playoffs.
    Ugh I have to explain this again. This is no wrongdoing by you, it's just you coming into the discussion at the wrong time. Giants homers like NYSPORTS98 talk about how great Eli is by picking and choosing particular instances, neutral people point out that Eli has failed just as often so he's no better or worse than other QBs, and then all the Giants fans, not calling you a homer, come in to see the neutral fans' posts and say "Why are you pointing out Eli's failed?" We're RESPONDING to the homer, we're not hating and only reflecting on his failures. Make sense? Most of us agree, he's fringe top 5. But with NYSPORTS98 and other Giants homers trying to say Eli is better than Tom Brady because he beat the Patriots twice, we'll always have to balance it out with logic and common sense.

There's no constant hate or Eli bashing. It's responding to creepy Eli loving.

vCash
    yeah cause trent dilfer was elite

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Eli > Romo
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    . Giants homers like NYSPORTS98 talk about how great Eli is by picking and choosing particular instances, neutral people point out that Eli has failed just as often .

Ring and Pin make me laugh. Neither realize Eli went 20-26 prior to the 4th qtr in last yrs bowl yet both ridicule him. Brilliant football minds . . . not.

Steeler homers like ring dish out misperceptions about others practically every single post. He won't be heard of when posters bash their own players, yet, suddenly appears in any and every Eli post. Accusing others of his misperceptions of how everybody who is a Giants fan loves, loves, loves, etc. It's all nonsense and I don't believe he can figure out his agenda nor justify his anger.

It's almost like the name "Eli" has become troll food yet not a word when we bash him. Go figure.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 01-28-2013 at 09:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    You're crazy if you don't think a couple feet of snow would screw things up. Some things you just can't be prepared enough for. All you need to do is look back a few months to Sandy to see what mother nature can do to NYC and its surroundings (and that's ignoring all the blizzards and snow events that have disrupted everything in the past, too).

One has nothing to do with the other as hurricanes don't even hit during the winter. How a blizzard is handled during the winter vs the Superbowl isn't one in the same. During a blizzard, they wait the snow to fall and clear out the city accordingly. During the bowl, they're not going wait for the snow to fall and not going to clean up the whole city. There going to be keeping Broadway and the Tunnel clear 24/7. Extra everything will be allocated to specific rails with the one to the stadium watched non-stop. Subways will be on. They're aren't clearing a city. They just need the tunnel, Jersey Pike/I95, GSP, 3 and 9 open. Whole whole arsenal will be going one way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    No. I guess Dan Marino wasn't elite then.
    Dilfer>Marino
    <<<<Home of the Giants
    SF Giants -
    Heat -
    49ers - x5
    Sharks -
    Texas A&M (CFB) - Johnny "football" Manziel!!!!
    Seton Hall (CBB) - One day........I miss Dehere
    Current favorite players - D Wade, Patrick Willis, Buster Posey.
    All time fave's - Glen Rice/ZO, Barry Bonds, Jerry Rice

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910