Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    see what your misisng in rings is that while he played great when the game wa son the line, a big reason why the game was on the line was his nto so great play before that. the end of the game doesn't outweigh the beginning
    You watched the championship games two weeks ago, specifically the ATL-SFO game and you can still type that with a straight face? You're an interesting fellow.
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoggin88 View Post
    i never want to hear the word "elite" ever again.
    this!!!!

KNICKS
    GIANTS
    RANGERS
    YANKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    Ah, the criteria for being elite is ever changing. First you needed a championship, then you needed two, now you needed to beat the Patriots to win a championship. Guess only NFC quarterbacks can be elite.

Eli's first 3 quarters: 30/46 281 0 TDs 1 INT. And this is two games. 281 yards in six quarters is astoundingly pathetic and ineffective. But, as we've already established, we can completely ignore the bad and pretend it never happened. Those 4th quarter stats are because he's elite, not because he needed to throw like crazy to make up for his shortcomings of the first 3 quarters which never happened.
    Dude, before you go posting do some research. He threw a 1st quarter TD to Cruz in last years SB. Is a year really that long you can't remember? Go back and look at the box scores and Brady played no better than Eli in those games.

And it's not like he had to throw like crazy to make up for anything. The Giants had a 4th quarter lead in XLII. He only had to throw on the last drive when the Patriots took a late lead.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=320205017

There's last years box score. Completed 75% of his passes for almost 300 yards.

One things for sure. Eli has played much better in SB's than Ben Roethlisberger ever has.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Menfan4lyfe View Post
    Dude, before you go posting do some research. He threw a 1st quarter TD to Cruz in last years SB. Is a year really that long you can't remember? Go back and look at the box scores and Brady played no better than Eli in those games.

And it's not like he had to throw like crazy to make up for anything. The Giants had a 4th quarter lead in XLII. He only had to throw on the last drive when the Patriots took a late lead.

One things for sure. Eli has played much better in SB's than Ben Roethlisberger ever has.
    On this site, we are living in a world in which every single completed pass is equal, every win is of equal importance, and championships are overrated. In other words, a world that doesn't exist anywhere but online in somebody's parent's basement.

There is little reason to keep on arguing.

vCash
    It is funny that this turned into an Eli thread.
    Last edited by Ezekial; 01-28-2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: This is a bait thread fo realz
    How do you say magic in Russian?

Don't forget about the Gustav

vCash
    Big Ben's SB stats:

XL:
    9/21 123 yds 0 TD, 2 INT

XLIII:
    21/30 256 yds 1 TD, 1 INT

XLV:
    25/40 263 yds 2 TD, 2 INT

Awesome stats.

The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    It is funny that this turned into an Eli thread.
    It is? You couldnt tell thats what this was intended to be all along?
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    And I'm not trying to turn this into an Eli thread, it's just funny how other people turn these into Eli bashing threads and trying to discount what he's done. It's just funny of all people a Steelers fan would have something to say about another teams' QB in the SB and accuse another teams QB of riding their defense because that's exactly what Ben did in both his SB victories is rode the defense as well as the refs in XL.

gooood caaaall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew View Post
    Exactly. As soon as I read the OP I knew that's what this was. Just look at the picture in his sig. Funny thing is I don't understand the Eli hate from a Lions fan.

gooood caaaall

vCash
    The obsession and inferiority complex continues. Let's just call it a jealous envy of superiority
    Done - thank goodness

vCash
    You watched the championship games two weeks ago, specifically the ATL-SFO game and you can still type that with a straight face? You're an interesting fellow.
    i mean you cant suck at the beginning and play greta at the end and say you had a great day. the reason that the end of that game was close was ebcause san fran played poorly to start the game. they dug their own hole, im not giving extra creidt for getting out of it
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Menfan4lyfe View Post

Who mentioned Roethlisberger? I'm not like you Giants fans. I understand that the world doesn't revolve around my team and its quarterback. I don't need to bring up Roethlisberger or the Steelers every chance I get. This is what you Giants fans on this site don't understand. You're fans of a team. We're fans of the league. I don't have an inferiority complex and need to talk about my team or players and select particular games and stats to prove why they're better than anyone else, I can objectively rate and rank other teams' players. Even if it means that they end up better than a player who happens to play for my favorite team.

That's my first point. My second point is that you're partially right. After NYSPORTS98 posted Eli's 4th quarter stats, I looked up his total Super Bowl stats and subtracted what NYSPORTS98 said to find the stats from his first three quarters. I didn't double check NYSPORTS98's stats, I gave him too much credit and that was my mistake. He said Eli had 3 TDs in the 4th quarter. Eli has 3 total TDs in Super Bowls. So, apparently, NYSPORTS98 was wrong and since I didn't double check him and used his false information, I was wrong too. Sorry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    Who mentioned Roethlisberger? I'm not like you Giants fans. I understand that the world doesn't revolve around my team and its quarterback.
    Your perception of our reality is only your misperception.

That's my first point. My second point is that you're partially right. After NYSPORTS98 posted Eli's 4th quarter stats, I looked up his total Super Bowl stats and subtracted what NYSPORTS98 said to find the stats from his first three quarters. I didn't double check NYSPORTS98's stats, I gave him too much credit and that was my mistake. He said Eli had 3 TDs in the 4th quarter. Eli has 3 total TDs in Super Bowls. So, apparently, NYSPORTS98 was wrong and since I didn't double check him and used his false information, I was wrong too. Sorry.
    lol - think the NFL will take away his Superbowl MVP trophies? Eat it up hater.
    Done - thank goodness

vCash
    I'm a fan of the league too. I watched all of the playoff games even though my team isn't in it. I'm just sick of all the Eli bashing. I've never gone out and called him the best QB in the league but he is a fringe Top 5 guy. And people like Pinstripe always try to discount his SB performances but in last years game he threw 40 passes and completed 75% of them but Pinstripe would have you think he completed all those passes on the last drive of the game.

I just don't understand the constant hate and Eli bashing when the Giants weren't even in the playoffs.

gooood caaaall

vCash
    No for both but both are solid QBs but I wouldn't depend on them carrying their teams like the top QBs in the league do. Both are surrounded with great talent. Both have very good running games, at least one go to receiver, and have solid offensive lines.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast