Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 146
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Flacco is not even close to elite. Neither is Kaepernick but he at least has some more room to grow. I don't understand how anything Flacco has done to this point in his career screams elite INDIVIDUAL player.
    he wins. you must have missed the memo where QBs get all the credit for the team winning
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,466
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Neither of them are Eli, so how can they be elite?
    neither opposing QB is Tom Brady nor an undefeated Pats team. I don't believe the opponents record on the road to the bowl for either team was 50-11.

    Eli's Superbowl Fourth Qtrs when the most is on the line -- 19-28 270 yards 3 TD's 0 int's

    Tough to beat.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    neither opposing QB is Tom Brady nor an undefeated Pats team. I don't believe the opponents record on the road to the bowl for either team was 50-11.

    Eli's Superbowl Fourth Qtrs when the most is on the line -- 19-28 270 yards 3 TD's 0 int's

    Tough to beat.
    eli is still not elite
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,207
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    neither opposing QB is Tom Brady nor an undefeated Pats team. I don't believe the opponents record on the road to the bowl for either team was 50-11.

    Eli's Superbowl Fourth Qtrs when the most is on the line -- 19-28 270 yards 3 TD's 0 int's

    Tough to beat.
    Ah, the criteria for being elite is ever changing. First you needed a championship, then you needed two, now you needed to beat the Patriots to win a championship. Guess only NFC quarterbacks can be elite.

    Eli's first 3 quarters: 30/46 281 0 TDs 1 INT. And this is two games. 281 yards in six quarters is astoundingly pathetic and ineffective. But, as we've already established, we can completely ignore the bad and pretend it never happened. Those 4th quarter stats are because he's elite, not because he needed to throw like crazy to make up for his shortcomings of the first 3 quarters which never happened.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,207
    vCash
    1500
    And to answer the OP

    In reality: No

    In a hypothetical world where the winning QB played for the Giants and this hypothetical QB and Giants team followed the same exact path the Ravens/49ers follow to win the Super Bowl: Well obviously.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,466
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    Ah, the criteria for being elite is ever changing. First you needed a championship, then you needed two, now you needed to beat the Patriots to win a championship. Guess only NFC quarterbacks can be elite.

    Eli's first 3 quarters: 30/46 281 0 TDs 1 INT. And this is two games. 281 yards in six quarters is astoundingly pathetic and ineffective. But, as we've already established, we can completely ignore the bad and pretend it never happened. Those 4th quarter stats are because he's elite, not because he needed to throw like crazy to make up for his shortcomings of the first 3 quarters which never happened.

    Two Superbowl MVP's and Superbowl Victories. Not bad for two last minute drives with the Championships on the line. Not to mention, no #1 receiver in that first Superbowl as Plax fell out of a bathtub and could barely walk,Toomer was on his last leg, etc.

    Eli was at his best when the most was on the line. Anybody worth their salt knows that. The rest, well, pass the pepper.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Two Superbowl MVP's and Superbowl Victories. Not bad for two last minute drives with the Championships on the line. Not to mention, no #1 receiver in that first Superbowl as Plax fell out of a bathtub and could barely walk,Toomer was on his last leg, etc.

    Eli was at his best when the most was on the line. Anybody worth their salt knows that. The rest, well, pass the pepper.
    see what your misisng in rings is that while he played great when the game wa son the line, a big reason why the game was on the line was his nto so great play before that. the end of the game doesn't outweigh the beginning
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,466
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    see what your misisng in rings is that while he played great when the game wa son the line, a big reason why the game was on the line was his nto so great play before that. the end of the game doesn't outweigh the beginning
    George Costanza thinking doesn't apply. Why not eliminate the 4th qtr unless you believe every great player is great 24/7. What a joke

    Forget the scheme which failed Eli lit up the scoreboard agains the Pats, Cowboys etc during the regular season. They toned it way down b/c they couldn't win a shootout. They dialed it way down and both teams unloaded in the 4th. Anybody worth their salt knows that. Pass the Pepper
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 01-28-2013 at 11:56 AM.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,207
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    see what your misisng in rings is that while he played great when the game wa son the line, a big reason why the game was on the line was his nto so great play before that. the end of the game doesn't outweigh the beginning
    There's a lot of things he misses. I'm not sure why I even posted since homers never grow up. I immediately regretted it.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    George Costanza thinking doesn't apply. Why not eliminate the 4th qtr unless you believe every great player is great 24/7. What a joke
    im not eliminating anything. you are, mainly 75% of the game. if you play medicore or bad in the first 3 quaters and lights out in the 4th, you still did not have a great game. had you have played lights out the whole game, the 4th quater likely wouldn't have been close enough to matter.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    There's a lot of things he misses. I'm not sure why I even posted since homers never grow up. I immediately regretted it.
    i personally find it funny to see what absurd nonsense he comes up with
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,466
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    There's a lot of things he misses. I'm not sure why I even posted since homers never grow up. I immediately regretted it.
    The feeling is mutual.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,207
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i personally find it funny to see what absurd nonsense he comes up with
    It's really all the same though. Like right now. We're calling him out for ignoring the first three quarters, so he replies with "What, so you want to eliminate the 4th quarter?" He just can't seem to wrap his head around the fact that when we say that we consider all things collectively, it means that we consider all things collectively. I'm beginning to think he's kind of deranged and genuinely believes Eli can do no wrong and the first 3 quarters don't exist, so we're just making things up to make Eli look bad.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,466
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    It's really all the same though. Like right now. We're calling him out for ignoring the first three quarters, so he replies with "What, so you want to eliminate the 4th quarter?" He just can't seem to wrap his head around the fact that when we say that we consider all things collectively, it means that we consider all things collectively. I'm beginning to think he's kind of deranged and genuinely believes Eli can do no wrong and the first 3 quarters don't exist, so we're just making things up to make Eli look bad.
    Apparently you've played online a lot longer than you ever watched football. Love the hatred and it is funny. Thanks for the laugh. Good luck

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    105
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedSashSB View Post
    Did you just intentionally ask a stupid question so that you could be the first to facepalm it? Is that what just happened?
    That's exactly what happened. Kinda sad.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •