Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Milwaukee Bucks point guard Brandon Jennings was once again denied a roster spot for the 2013 NBA All-Star game. However, an unfortunate loophole could help Jennings finally play alongside the Eastern Conference’s best players.

Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, who was having one heck of a season, will have to sit the rest of the year out with a torn anterior cruciate ligament. The 26-year-old leads all guards in assists (11.1) and rebounds (5.6) per game. Rondo was elected to start for the Eastern Conference in the All-Star game but his right-knee injury will of course prevent him from doing that.

The East is down one point guard and that means the next man up could be Jennings. The 23-year-old is performing at a high level for the second consecutive season and is ranked in the top tier of all Eastern Conference guards. Jennings is first in steals (1.93), fifth in points (18.6), ninth in assists (6.0) and 18th in rebounds (3.6) per game. No other point guard who is currently not on the East roster can top those statistics.

However, if the NBA decides to look at guards in general and not just a point guard to replace Rondo, then Jennings could have some competition from his teammate Monta Ellis, who is also having an exceptional first half of the season.

The other thing that must be considered is that just because the Eastern Conference will be down one point guard does not necessarily mean they will replace Rondo’s spot with another point guard. If this is the case then Brooklyn Nets center Brook Lopez, Atlanta Hawks small forward Josh Smith and Rondo’s teammate Paul Pierce must all be considered.

If I had to pick one of these three it would be Lopez, who is playing above and beyond everyone else not named to an All-Star team. Lopez is averaging 18.6 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.2 blocks per game while shooting 52 percent from the field. The Nets also have the best record in the NBA without someone representing them in the big game.

Commissioner David Stern is expected to announce Rondo’s replacement within the next few days.
    http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/0...all-star-game/

vCash
    http://www.sportsradio1250.com/topic...udioId=6216201

Sparky, Gary Ellerson, Leroy Butler ask is Jennings in? Then talk does Stern snub Jennings so he gets less money? Then Leroy say then this is a conspiracy? Then Sparky asks do you match if offered $15M per? Leroy Butler says yes cause we have nothing left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hojihoj View Post
    I think you need to calm down. Who is really acting like a 5 year old here. We had a discussion and squashed it. I didn't know you were his Mom. I think you need to reread the posts and understand that time4 was in the wrong by not correctly reading my posts. Also I have no idea where you read that presumed me to be talking ****. I think he needs to read posts, understand them, and then respond. Obviously you don't understand the back and forth we had, and you like he, could not fully understand the original post. This is all well and good, which is why I explained it to him, albeit, it took a little while for him to understand. And now apparently you need further instruction to reread the posts to fully understand as well. I was not attacking him, but in fact he was falsely attacking me. So Mother of Time4, you need to get off your high horse as well, and stop fighting other's battles. Actually it was just a miscommunication which we discussed. You tell me to have respect for other posters when you are attacking me and Time4 falsely attacked me. I think many of us would rather you not post here if you are gonna have a problem with people having open debate, or with people simply clarifying their posts for other's to understand.
    You really need to stop.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Your posts never needed clarification homes. Simply a bad thread and posts on your part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    Your posts never needed clarification homes. Simply a bad thread and posts on your part.

That's just hilarious. I think you mean your posts were bad. You kept saying I was excited over an injury which is flat out wrong, thus proving you have no idea what you are talking about. You need to stop making up things. Go reread and just try to understand. The guy said homes. LOL. Poor guy.
    Last edited by hojihoj; 01-29-2013 at 09:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Has to be a back court player. I said that in the NBA forums.
    I don't think this is the case. Didin't it also mention that in the article you posted above. I believe Stern has total carte blanche in Rondo's replacement.
    Last edited by hojihoj; 01-29-2013 at 09:55 AM.

vCash
    You really need to stop.
    Stop what. You obviously did not read your buddy's post, because otherwise you would have said that to him.

vCash
    I can't believe I am taking the time to do this, but apparently I must.

Where in this title "Rondo out for All Star game!!!" does it insinuate anything about you being excited for Brandon Jennings?

I think you need to start thinking before you type.

HOMES.

vCash
    Losers of six straight entering Sunday's nationally-televised tussle with the Heat, the Celtics were hoping a confidence-inspiring win over LeBron James and company might kickstart a second-half return to form for Doc Rivers' diappointing bunch. Instead, a season-ending knee injury to backcourt talisman Rajon Rondo will raise questions as to whether the eight-seeded Celtics can make the playoffs at all.

It's not the kind of news the Bucks would wish on even their bitterest rivals, but the reality is that it would clearly seem to help the Bucks and every other team battling for playoff positioning in the wide-open East. For Milwaukee, the impact is more indirect: the Bucks closed out their season series with Boston a month ago (Milwaukee winning three of four) and the seventh-seeded Bucks are already 3.5 games ahead of the Celtics in the standing. But there's no reason to think the Celtics couldn't have turned it around--not with their talent and experience.

Rondo's injury clearly deals a critical blow to the Celtics' relevance in the East, and it also presumably changes Danny Ainge's calculus as he faces critical decisions leading up to next month's trade deadline. Even before Rondo's injury, speculation was mounting that Ainge could opt to blow up the Celtics' veteran core at the trade deadline or in the summer. And while Ainge still has time to assess whether a Rondo-less squad has the ability to hang onto the final playoff spot in the weakened East, in many ways that's beside the point. This isn't a squad built to just make the playoffs--they're too old for that kind of thinking. With the trade value of Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce likely to decline quickly going forward and Rondo's uncertain recovery period, there would seem to be a strong case for dealing the C's veterans now in order to expedite the rebuilding process. Will Ainge get an itchy trigger finger? We'll know in about three weeks.

Rondo's injury also means someone will be named to replace him on the East's all-star squad. Could it be Brandon Jennings? Logic would say he has a chance: Jennings has played well enough to at least put himself in the all-star conversation, and the fact that he plays Rondo's position obviously helps. But it will be up to David Stern to select Rondo's replacement, and there's good reason to believe the commissioner will opt for a member of the Brooklyn Nets to fill Rondo's spot.

Brooklyn big man Brook Lopez was widely considered the East's biggest snub when the reserves were announced on Thursday, and it's worth noting that Deron Williams' disappointing play hasn't prevented him from posting numbers comparable to Jennings' across the board. The irony is that Williams has gotten fairly little all-star buzz despite Brooklyn's improved play since Avery Johnson's departure (26-18, third in the East) and the fact that, well, he plays in New York. Goes to show that playing in a big market might only be helpful when you're not disappointing everyone.

My guess is that Lopez earns the nod, and a small chorus of Milwaukee hatred towards Stern follows. But honestly? Lopez is probably the more deserving player at the moment. That said, I hate that playing in Milwaukee probably hurts Jennings' chances of getting Stern's selection, and as a fan I'd love to see Jennings in the NBA's showcase event--heck, you don't have to be a Bucks fan to enjoy Jennings in an exhibition with the world's best players. It wouldn't make Jennings any cheaper to re-sign this summer, but sometimes we can still think like fans, right?
    http://www.brewhoop.com/2013/1/27/39...andon-jennings

vCash
    Top ten pgs?

http://hoopshabit.com/nba-power-rank...8HoopsHabit%29

Got it off of the nba main forum.

vCash
    I can't believe I am taking the time to do this, but apparently I must.

Where in this title "Rondo out for All Star game!!!" does it insinuate anything about you being excited for Brandon Jennings?

I think you need to start thinking before you type.

HOMES.

My original post:

Rondo out of all-star game!!!! which is just the tittle. I didn't know I had to write a paragraph for the title for you. My first response which follows I think does the job of insinuating excitement for the chance of BJ or Ellis getting in to the All-Star game.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...cl-rest-season

Rondo has a torn ACL and will be out of the All-Star game and the rest of the season obviously, freeing up an all-star spot. I wonder if Jennings or Ellis get chosen now.

I think with the title being Rondo out and this being a Milwaukee Bucks forum, I don't think it takes a genius to come to the conclusion that with Rondo being out, that BJ has a shot at replacing him, which would be exciting. Who wouldn't be excited about that. I get what you are saying that I never directly said that I was excited in your words.....but here is your response to my original post:

Don't know why you're getting excited by a guy getting injured. Especially someone as good as Rondo. Jennings should have made it in the first place but I think Brooke Lopez will probably get the nod now.

Now where did I say that I was excited that Rondo got hurt. I never did and yet you make that false assumption. So again you need to read and fully understand other peoples' posts before you reply with nonsense.

HOMES......LMAO.
    Last edited by hojihoj; 01-29-2013 at 01:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hojihoj View Post
    My original post:

Rondo out of all-star game!!!! which is just the tittle. I didn't know I had to write a paragraph for the title for you. My first response which follows I think does the job of insinuating excitement for the chance of BJ or Ellis getting in to the All-Star game.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...cl-rest-season

Rondo has a torn ACL and will be out of the All-Star game and the rest of the season obviously, freeing up an all-star spot. I wonder if Jennings or Ellis get chosen now.

I think with the title being Rondo out and this being a Milwaukee Bucks forum, I don't think it takes a genius to come to the conclusion that with Rondo being out, that BJ has a shot at replacing him, which would be exciting. Who wouldn't be excited about that. I get what you are saying that I never directly said that I was excited in your words.....but here is your response to my original post:

Don't know why you're getting excited by a guy getting injured. Especially someone as good as Rondo. Jennings should have made it in the first place but I think Brooke Lopez will probably get the nod now.

Now where did I say that I was excited that Rondo got hurt. I never did and yet you make that false assumption. So again you need to read and fully understand other peoples' posts before you reply with nonsense.

HOMES......LMAO.

And I need to read? I clearly was talking about you're title. I even said that. Now you're just making yourself look silly.

I see you're trying really hard to try and make me feel dumb however you're just revealing you're sense of arrogance.

vCash
    Homes.

vCash
    And I need to read? I clearly was talking about you're title. I even said that. Now you're just making yourself look silly.

I see you're trying really hard to try and make me feel dumb however you're just revealing you're sense of arrogance.

It's just a title.....WTF is wrong with you!! My first post is to explain my intentions of the title, which I accurately did, but you just can't wrap your head around it. I am a Bucks fan and with RONDO OUT OF ALL-STAR GAME!!!, there is a chance of BJ getting in, which would obviously be awesome or EXCITING......because I am a Bucks fan. JEEEEEZUZ. Also I think any true BUCKS fan could easily read my title (RONDO OUT OF ALL-STAR GAME!!!) and easily deduce that, with all the talk of the All-Star selections/game and this being a Bucks thread, that obviously the point is that BJ could have a shot at replacing him. This would be great or EXCITING. If you can't get this then there is no help for you.

I like how you still don't own up to the fact that you were wrong in your accusing me of being excited about Rondo getting injured. This is how this all started, with you saying that I was excited Rondo got hurt, which I never said. You just like making up lies and accusing people of made up things. This just shows you are an ignorant person who can't own up when they are wrong.
    Last edited by hojihoj; 01-30-2013 at 12:17 AM.

vCash
    Homes.....LMAO.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast