Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Rajon Rondo torn ACL, and what it means for the Nets

Rondo is out for the season, and most likely the Celtics season is done. This means one big thing for the Brooklyn Nets: KG is available, and will be traded.

Nets need to make a base offer around Kris Humphries for KG, as soon as possible. KG is still a top notch defensive player, and can still score efficiently. He brings a whole different defensive outlook to this team. Especially in the p&r game, plus his mid-range shot is now his money shot which gives Lopez still the majority of looks down-low.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    hate to see anyone go down with that type of injury. If we can trade for KG it'll solve a major problems with our pnr defense and open the driving lanes up. also give a pf that can actually finish the dimes being wasted on evans and hump. having kg would lower our oboarding which is something i'd be willing to give up.

vCash
    I don't know about that. That's more of an opinion if anything. Why would the Celtics trade KG for Humphries? KG is better. Hump is younger. But Hump is overpaid and will be overpaid. I don't see the Celtics giving him 12mil a season, so why get rid of KG for him?

On a side note, they're going to have to pick a new all-star for the team. And since Rondo is a guard, it's not going to be Lopez. So another player (maybe Williams) is going to make it over Lopez now.

vCash
    KG and Gerald Wallace teammates???? hmmm think about that

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    KG and Wallace are both professionals. They would be fine.

I definitely do not think KG will be available though, or Pierce for that matter. Think they both will retire as Celtics and they try to make a move for Calderon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    KG and Wallace are both professionals. They would be fine.

I definitely do not think KG will be available though, or Pierce for that matter. Think they both will retire as Celtics and they try to make a move for Calderon.
    Agreed. They are now gonna ride the confidence after the win versus Miami

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    I don't know 'bout will be traded, but we could make an over worth consideration with Hump, picks and/or Brooks.
    Ballin-

vCash
    I don't think Boston trades him, but if they do, I don't see the Nets having the assets to pull it off. One team I could see trading for him are the Clips. Can you imagine DeAndre Jordan and maybe Bledsoe for KG and Barbosa? Both teams make out well. Clips become legit contenders with Garnett and Boston receives great youth for the future.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Other than Hump what could the Nets possibly provide for the Celtics? We already have a longjam at SG so I can't see Brooks really being an option.

vCash
    We do have blatche as a trade chip and if we get a 3rd team involved it really ups our chances but its still a long shot.

vCash
    I always said during the offseason we should sign KG...he is the PERFECT fit next to Lopez, Williams, JJ and Wallace...he brings the same intensity on defense as Wallace and we NEED that 2nd guy...he can also hit the 12-18ft shot to help spread the floor for Lopez down low...and KG is perfect to play the PNR on offense and defend it on defense.

Now I would love to get rid of Hump, but I don't like Boston would be interested...it would have to be a 3-team deal where Hump goes to the 3rd team and Boston would receive a player from the 3rd and a 1st Rd pick from us. Trades kind of like these:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b8a7qdx

Nets: KG (11.6M/3yrs), Korver (5M/1yr), Barbosa (.854M/1yr) = 17.4M
    …..(Giving up 13.9M)

Boston: J. Smith (13.2M/1yr), Morrow (4M/1yr), Watson (.992M/2yrs), Stackhouse (.854M/1yr) = 19M
    …..(Giving up 17.5M)

Hawks: Humphries (12M/2yrs), Terry (5M/3yrs), Nets 1st Rd Pick in 2013, Boston 1st Rd Pick [Lottery Protected in ’13, ’14,’15, and ’16…if unpicked by ’16 then will receive 2017 2nd Rd Pick = 17M
    …..(Giving up 22.2M)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bb8vzdf

Nets: KG (11.6M/3yrs)
    Boston: Stuckey (8.5M/2yr), Maxiell (5M/1yrs)
    Pistons: Humphries (12M/2yrs), Nets 2013 1st Rd Pick

vCash
    KG won't be traded and certainly not for Kris Humphries. KG's only got a couple years left anyway.

vCash
    I like where you're going with the Piston trade and I do agree KG only gets traded if it's a three team trade

^ She's A Cutie

NEW JERSEY NETS 4-EVER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJohn View Post
    KG won't be traded and certainly not for Kris Humphries. KG's only got a couple years left anyway.
    They were stupid to resign KG and PP anyway and they would be even stupider to keep them after this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ambisme56 View Post
    I always said during the offseason we should sign KG...he is the PERFECT fit next to Lopez, Williams, JJ and Wallace...he brings the same intensity on defense as Wallace and we NEED that 2nd guy...he can also hit the 12-18ft shot to help spread the floor for Lopez down low...and KG is perfect to play the PNR on offense and defend it on defense.

Now I would love to get rid of Hump, but I don't like Boston would be interested...it would have to be a 3-team deal where Hump goes to the 3rd team and Boston would receive a player from the 3rd and a 1st Rd pick from us. Trades kind of like these:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b8a7qdx

Nets: KG (11.6M/3yrs), Korver (5M/1yr), Barbosa (.854M/1yr) = 17.4M
    …..(Giving up 13.9M)

Boston: J. Smith (13.2M/1yr), Morrow (4M/1yr), Watson (.992M/2yrs), Stackhouse (.854M/1yr) = 19M
    …..(Giving up 17.5M)

Hawks: Humphries (12M/2yrs), Terry (5M/3yrs), Nets 1st Rd Pick in 2013, Boston 1st Rd Pick [Lottery Protected in ’13, ’14,’15, and ’16…if unpicked by ’16 then will receive 2017 2nd Rd Pick = 17M
    …..(Giving up 22.2M)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bb8vzdf

Nets: KG (11.6M/3yrs)
    Boston: Stuckey (8.5M/2yr), Maxiell (5M/1yrs)
    Pistons: Humphries (12M/2yrs), Nets 2013 1st Rd Pick
    Much easier to pull off a trade if you keep it simple. Plus, I doubt Atlanta would agree to give up Josh Smith for ONLY Hump & Terry. So I just simplified your trade above; add picks & cash to Atlanta as needed.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b3apwus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast