Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do we make the playoffs??

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 65.52%
  • No

10 34.48%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Lue may have to lace em' up...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    we cant trade rondo , can't we !

vCash
    Depends if Ainge finally blows this team up.

vCash
    i have rondo on my team, id go with LEE. but id just as soon pull off a trade ( ive got dwight who i might move)

vCash
    I think it depends on what you guys do.

Do you trade for a replacement? A guy like Calderon or Lowry, for example, could come in and probably run the offense as well as Rondo did (not saying much since the offense has been putrid all year).

Or do you blow it up? This could be a blessing in disguise if you feel that's what needs to be done...and obviously if it is done it probably means no playoffs.

Hopefully he has a speedy recovery. Always been one of my absolute favorite players to watch. He's so unique.

vCash
    C'mon, now. According to some here, he's only the 11th or 12th point guard in the league, so this should barely hurt our playoff odds. Don't forget this list:

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    PG ranks in the NBA:

1. Paul
    2. Parker
    3. Westbrook
    4. Curry
    5. DWill
    6. Conley
    7. Hill
    8. Calderon
    9. Irving
    10. Lowry
    11. Rondo
    We can just make a trade for Lowry or Calderon and be an even better team than we are now.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    RONDO TO CEDRIC MAXWELL: I'll be back in two weeks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    C'mon, now. According to some here, he's only the 11th or 12th point guard in the league, so this should barely hurt our playoff odds. Don't forget this list:

We can just make a trade for Lowry or Calderon and be an even better team than we are now.
    Let it go, man. That wasn't even the argument and here you are two weeks later going on about it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    Let it go, man. That wasn't even the argument and here you are two weeks later going on about it
    It was only 9 days ago you said this bro:

Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    If we're ranking 2013 stats, I guess you can argue Rondo is #12
    Sorry, you have the nerve to call the league leader in assists, and 8th in MVP ranking the 12th best PG in the NBA, you are not going to live that down. Especially not the day he goes down with an injury like this.

vCash
    Sigh in all caps

Assists is one stat. At the time, Bags said "etc etc Rondo is #12 based on overall stats from x date to x date."

To which I said, "I guess you, (meaning Bags), can argue that"

You have really poor reading comprehension.

vCash
    I just saw a stat that says we have a winning percentage of .604 when Rondo plays and .606 with Rondo out over the past few years. Guess that means we'll win one more game the rest of the year now than if he didn't get hurt.

vCash
    This team is 100% ********

Last season we had solid players with expiring deals (assets). They had those dry and and gave them long deals.

Could have a lineup of PG- Rondo SG- Bradley SF- Mayo (Too small but is a younger tradeable piece) PF- Sullinger C- Drummond.

Now? They are an old team with 0 chance at doing anything that will be getting a pick outside the top 10...Basically a team with no present and no future. UGH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    It was only 9 days ago you said this bro:

Sorry, you have the nerve to call the league leader in assists, and 8th in MVP ranking the 12th best PG in the NBA, you are not going to live that down. Especially not the day he goes down with an injury like this.
    Not every Celtics fan likes Rondo and statistics dont always tell how good a player is or isnt. I personally think the Celtics suck this year because Rondo isnt a winner and it was a big downer for me today because now we cant trade him for another decent pg and another big to round out this team better. Our defense is putrid when he is on the floor and i dont think theres a player out there that knows how to ruin one of our runs by getting fancy at the wrong time better. Stats and flashy he definitely is, a winner i think not. A leader..definitely not. Is that good "nerve". Haha just playin i always appreciate your post man, but this actually is the opinion of another diehard Celtics fan. Not everyone agrees with you on Rondo.

vCash
    And for the record i think this team will play better and win more games without Rondo. Mostly because of effort and defense.

vCash
    This team will most likely make the playoffs but has no chance of winning it all. And if they do then I will gladly eat my words. This team is definitely trapped in mediocrity.

If the Celtics make a move this year to acquire a PG imo its just pointless and will force us to give away young talent to meet status quo.

If the Celtics don't make a move we become a middle of the pack team that won't win the title and won't put themselves in a position to get much from the draft.

It honestly only makes sense to try and trade Pierce or KG to have assets for next year and the future so that we can become that elite contending team down the road.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast