Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Mara Doesn't Rule Out Osi Returning

This is getting some buzz, but he's just laying the professional line out there.

I mean we're gonna be over the cap, have needs on oline, DT, LB, CB depth, have to re-sign Beatty and others....but somehow the guy who has wanted more money for the last 5 years at position we already have talent at is gonna get re-signed?

No way.

Only chance is if his age and injuries drive his price down, but it still won't be low enough to take on a part-time role behind JPP with us.

Giants owner doesn't rule out possible Umenyiora return

By Brad Biggs | National Football Post Ė 20 hours ago

Conventional thinking has been that Osi Umenyiora has played his final game as a member of the New York Giants.

Often unhappy with his contract, Umenyiora didnít have the kind of season he would have hoped this past year. For that matter, neither did many other players on the defense.
    But Giants owner John Mara isnít ruling out a potential return by the veteran pass rusher. Not just yet. Umenyiora wants a big pay day that may or may not come and he wants to be a starter. Heís made no secret of the fact he believes his days with the Giants are over.

"I don't know about that," Mara , according to Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN New York. "We'll see what happens. I would love to have him back. He's been a great player for us. He's a great guy. He's been a huge part of our two Super Bowl wins, but there are economic considerations and we'll just have to see what happens."
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/giants-...0462--nfl.html

vCash
    Osi's not coming back...end of story
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Never know been a weird couple of years but maybe he's matured and seen we need him in that role or sees opportunity in tuck declining and wants to stay a giant for good after what happened with MM and BJ (doubt it but anythings possible lol).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    Never know been a weird couple of years but maybe he's matured and seen we need him in that role or sees opportunity in tuck declining and wants to stay a giant for good after what happened with MM and BJ (doubt it but anythings possible lol).
    I def think this is something that could enter a players mind.

vCash
    I think he's being P.C.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Yea I agree.

vCash
    Kinda looking forward to him leaving (although I love Osi), just to see what Tracy and Ojomo can do with more time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Kinda looking forward to him leaving (although I love Osi), just to see what Tracy and Ojomo can do with more time.
    Ojomo looked good in camp and preseason but no action in the season.. Curious about him.. Tracy has a burst no doubt but really didn't show it in his limited time on the field and he has trouble staying healthy and considering he doesn't really get much action that has to be a concern.

vCash
    I think osi is gone. 1 of those guys i have always loved on the team..when hes going hes hard to stop but just to inconsistent against the run

vCash
    For Mara to come out and say this and Osi saying he wants to come back it makes me wonder that he very well might be back.. Who knows maybe he only wants to play another year or 2 and wants to finish his career as a Giant as long he gets a fair pay..

vCash
    Yeah but he won't get that "fair pay". He's been begging for years here, can't imagine they'll pay big for him now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yeah but he won't get that "fair pay". He's been begging for years here, can't imagine they'll pay big for him now.
    Maybe he's realizing he's not worth that kinda money? He's a 1 dimensional player and is aging..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Maybe he's realizing he's not worth that kinda money? He's a 1 dimensional player and is aging..
    agreed...he honestly deserves to start over Tuck, who I think would be more suitable to the DT position IMO
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Just be gone with him. Need young talent at those positions to last a whole season. Need a new stable with the two cornerstones in place already, Kiwi and JPP. Need that solid third and then a Tollefson type. Damn I miss Tollefson