Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Many goals will the Islanders score?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4+

2 50.00%

2 50.00%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    So you're telling me you didn't watch the game, is that correct? Nabby aved our ***** and we shouldve been down 6-1 after 2, not 2-1.
    I listened to the game as I live in Wisconsin. Nabby was sharp the first period but you can't honestly tell me a goalie who gave up 5 goals had a good game? Not to mention season to date his goals against is over 3. Statistically speaking Nabby has not been that good. Sorry...game is 60 minutes not 40.
    With tonights game, he has given up 12 goals in 3 games....how many playoff goalies do that?
    Last edited by Finfan1971; 01-27-2013 at 10:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beltran15mets View Post
    awful game.. games like this separate playoff teams from non playoff teams.. playoff teams finish teams when theyre up by 2 in the third.. now we need to go on to play very tough divisional games
    Playoff teams also come back after being dominated all game. We got a point. The first 35 minutes of this game? We could have been down by 5 if it wasnt for Nabby playing on his ****ing head. We persevered and took it to the Jets for the first half of the 3rd, and both of Winnipeg's goals were fluky. One rifle from the point that was impossible for Nabby to see, I forget the other one, and the OT one was saved by Nabby, hit the post, and bounced right to Kane's stick. I could have scored that goal if I was Kane.

WPG is oen of the fatsest youngest and strongest team's in the east. If they put it together its no doubt they can be a playoff team, and we took it to them and played a very exciting game with them. Even elite teams lose leads and lose games they want to win> We got a point, it's disappointing but if you watched this whole game you have to take that point and be happy about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finfan1971 View Post
    I listened to the game as I live in Wisconsin. Nabby was sharp the first period but you can't honestly tell me a goalie who gave up 5 goals had a good game? Not to mention season to date his goals against is over 3. Statistically speaking Nabby has not been that good. Sorry...game is 60 minutes not 40.
    I disagree. The OT goal he played the angle perfectly and it was ENTIRELY the D's fault for that goal. The Byguflien goal was a rocket from the point in which there was about 7 people in front and not a goalie in the world could have seen it. The 4th one wa sa little shaky but once again, angle played well, Burmistrov just roofed it int he corner. 5 goals in 65 mnutes when 60-70% of the game was played in oru zone and he had countless amazing saves? I think he's playing well. He's 2-1-1, with wins against the current best team in the East (TB), a loss against the Devils where he played great, a game here in which eh bailed us out countless times, and a win against the Leafs.

Not attacking you, but I just cant believe you jump on Nabby. On all the things to jump on, all the dmen who turned the puck over countless times and the forwards who didnt hustle until time was dwindlign in the 3rd, you pick Nabby, who is the only reason we were even ever close....

This was a tough loss. Nabby and the top line ere just about the only positives from tonight

vCash
    Good game guys.

Thought the Islanders had it at 4-2.

vCash
    I disagree. The OT goal he played the angle perfectly and it was ENTIRELY the D's fault for that goal. The Byguflien goal was a rocket from the point in which there was about 7 people in front and not a goalie in the world could have seen it. The 4th one wa sa little shaky but once again, angle played well, Burmistrov just roofed it int he corner. 5 goals in 65 mnutes when 60-70% of the game was played in oru zone and he had countless amazing saves? I think he's playing well. He's 2-1-1, with wins against the current best team in the East (TB), a loss against the Devils where he played great, a game here in which eh bailed us out countless times, and a win against the Leafs.

Not attacking you, but I just cant believe you jump on Nabby. On all the things to jump on, all the dmen who turned the puck over countless times and the forwards who didnt hustle until time was dwindlign in the 3rd, you pick Nabby, who is the only reason we were even ever close....

This was a tough loss. Nabby and the top line ere just about the only positives from tonight
    Fair enough. I still am concerned that we are giving up so many goals. This team will not win too many shoot outs. I agree with you on the D. Again, not sure why Hickey is out there in OT. I like Nabby, but I bet he would be the first to admit that giving up so many goals is not going to get it done.

vCash
    We need Lubo to get in there for Hickey and Martinek in for Strait. Everyone is praising Brian Strait but why? Cause he ahsnt been awful. Okay lets give him the Dylan Reease treatment, play awful or play at his best, he's still an AHL dman. We need a veteran in ther who is gonna be consistent and help us keep the D tight.

vCash
    We need Lubo to get in there for Hickey and Martinek in for Strait. Everyone is praising Brian Strait but why? Cause he ahsnt been awful. Okay lets give him the Dylan Reease treatment, play awful or play at his best, he's still an AHL dman. We need a veteran in ther who is gonna be consistent and help us keep the D tight.
    I wish Lubo would report...he would help a lot. On a different note, the Isles are second in the Eastern conference in goals scored....who would have predicted that going into the season?lol

vCash
    ^I wasn't really worried abotu our goal scoring too much but it's good to see offensive production from guys LIke Aucoin< GRabner, and Boyes. Hopefully MCDonald is gone soon and Bailey can get in there

vCash
    I thought hickey played well. he would have finished +1 if aucion didnt fan on the shot that resulted to the turnover to the eventual goal.

KO has to leave the first line, Ulstrom or boyes or grabner needs to be promoted

vCash
    Playoff teams also come back after being dominated all game. We got a point. The first 35 minutes of this game? We could have been down by 5 if it wasnt for Nabby playing on his ****ing head. We persevered and took it to the Jets for the first half of the 3rd, and both of Winnipeg's goals were fluky. One rifle from the point that was impossible for Nabby to see, I forget the other one, and the OT one was saved by Nabby, hit the post, and bounced right to Kane's stick. I could have scored that goal if I was Kane.

WPG is oen of the fatsest youngest and strongest team's in the east. If they put it together its no doubt they can be a playoff team, and we took it to them and played a very exciting game with them. Even elite teams lose leads and lose games they want to win> We got a point, it's disappointing but if you watched this whole game you have to take that point and be happy about it.
    I saw the whole game and I agree that until the first falf of the third we were completely dominated. nabby kept it close and allowed us to come back in the third. But having a 2 goal lead with under 10 minutes left you need to close that out. We have been awful at closing out these games. Against tampa we allowed them to get 3 in the third. Against toronto we allowed them to make a strong push in the end. Boston was a tough game and theyre an elite team but still we melted down at the end. And despite rallying in the early part of the third tonight, we once again failed to close it out. Need lubo on the blue line along with radek.

And about the jets being a playoff team I would say skill level theyre close with the islanders. But with the condensed schedule and many games being played in a short period of time, the travel is going to kill them and ware them down, down the stretch. needing to travel to the south east for their divisional games is tough and since the whole season is within the conference they have no short distance road trips. They wont be playing minnesota, detroit, chicago. i dont even know who the closest team is to them. Pittsburgh? Toronto? those are a hike.

vCash
    Just a side note....if the season ended today the Isles would be in the playoffs!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123