Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    These people claiming the Jets (and their fans) are idiots for considering trading Revis/Cro seem to be living in some sort of Madden world.

vCash
    why does everybody want to blow the team up?

last yr was bad but if the offense could improve a little the jets will be in the mix for the playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    Who's to say he will lose his speed? Maybe he will be like Darrell Green and remain one of the leagues fastest players his entire career.
    Would you be willing to bank on that? Plus Revis would make a good safety once he was unable to play corner.
    Last edited by ajgmc59; 01-27-2013 at 04:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    Would you be willing to bank on that? Plus Revis would make a good safety once he was unable to play corner.
    Oh, I think that Revis will make an excellent safety, I am just not so sure that A) Cromartie will lose his speed, and B) that he couldn't also play safety when/if he loses his legs. The dude is a freak, athletically speaking.

vCash
    Trade Revis

If we trade Revis we'll have Cro, Wilson & ?. Cro only has 2 years left on his deal and Wilson IS NOT a starter. So after next year we'll be in a worse position than we are now. By that time Cro will be 30 going on 31 so we wont give him (at least I hope not) a big contract to stay. Bum *** Wilson will also be gone, either by getting cut or playing out the 2 years left on his contract. We'd have 3 CB spots to fill along with any other holes we might have by that time.

Trade Cro

If we trade Cro, as shown in 09 it doesnt really matter who else we have playing along side Revis (Lito Sheppard & Donald Strickland back then). From the injury Revis might've lost a step but thats not his game, his game is PERFECT technique thats not going to magically leave him. We'd have him (Revis) locked up long-term and would only need 1 maybe 2 other CB spots to fill + the other holes. I also think Revis will end up settling for a still high but not 16 mill per contract maybe around 12-13 mill per.

Keep Both

This one is a little trickier and I'm not sure if all the moves are possible but if we keep both we can go into a small rebuild by just filling out the roster with a few veterans and having a very good draft. Then at the end of the year we can trade/cut Santonio Holmes (not sure of his cap hit if he's cut next year though) Sanchez, & Davis Harris who'll both(Harris & Holmes) be 30+ by next off season and Harris would be in the last year of his deal. By getting rid of those three that'd clear plenty of space I believe and none would be overly difficult to replace either.

The free agent class this year isnt that great (not sure how it is in 2014) so why rush in clearing cap space when we have alternative moves next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    The bottom line is we cant keep both so one must go pick your poison I guess, we should really be looking to restrucure some deals and looking at trading other guys but the one thing that bothers me is the amount of money Revis wajts he is a great player but no way a corner is worth that money **** we barely mssed him this year
    How did we barely miss him? Because of passing yards stats? How many turnovers did they create?

The Jets D couldn't stop a nose bleed. No team was ever in a passing situation against them. The offense also gave the D bad field position- you can't have an 80yard drive at the 50.

Having Revis completely changes coverages and the amount of guys they can drop back IE effecting the run game too.

Jets D was pathetic. Dont understand how dealing one of thes3 guys for a marginal pick solves anything.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash
    Plus they better dam well sign revis first before they flirt with trading cro
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Plus they better dam well sign revis first before they flirt with trading cro
    if it comes down to having to part with 1 of the 2, i agree with this mentality

revis exponentially changes the schematics of both the offense and the defense. he's not only the best at his position unequivocally, he's arguably the best defensive player in the league and one of the top 5 players in the entire NFL. cromartie played out of his mind in 2012. he really stepped up in revis' absence, and his gawdy stats from 2007 be damned, this was far and away his best season (certainly from a coverage/lockdown standpoint). if (and that's the key word) we have to trade 1 of the 2, NOW is the time to trade cro at his peak value, which only hurts us $2.5M against the cap, minus his salary. we might not get the haul we'd get for revis, and revis' deal will definitely cost a pretty penny, but cro's value is good enough to get us a high pick (probably a 2nd) plus some mid-round pick(s). for a team with a lot of holes and depth to (re)fill, this is the move.

of course, this is all contingent on revis and his agents being sane at the bargaining table...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    if it comes down to having to part with 1 of the 2, i agree with this mentality.
    Agreed- it would scream typical jets to trade cro and lowball Revis out of town

vCash
    if they get rid of one, they absolutely CANNOT lose the other, even by trade (unless the package is a godfather offer)

that would drive the entire fanbase off the cliff...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    revis has more trade value and is 100% more expensive, why is cro even in the trade conversatiion?

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    can this all just end already, its driving me nuts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJetsfan69 View Post
    can this all just end already, its driving me nuts
    I know. And now they're saying...

The New York Post reports the Jets had discussed trading Darrelle Revis before he suffered a torn ACL in Week 2.
    The Post was informed that "more than one" GM reached out to the Jets and Revis' agents at the time. It's an indication that Revis hasn't been in the Jets' long-term plans for quite sometime now, though that can change with John Idzik now running the show, not Mike Tannebaum. Predictably, rival sources have come forward to tell the New York Daily News the Jets never shopped Revis before his injury. It's going to be an extremely long offseason in New York.

Truth in BOLD

vCash
    Why do you say that? Has something similar happened? I don't follow this "typical Jets" talk. Enlighten me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-T-SJETS3x View Post
    I know. And now they're saying...

The New York Post reports the Jets had discussed trading Darrelle Revis before he suffered a torn ACL in Week 2.
    The Post was informed that "more than one" GM reached out to the Jets and Revis' agents at the time. It's an indication that Revis hasn't been in the Jets' long-term plans for quite sometime now, though that can change with John Idzik now running the show, not Mike Tannebaum. Predictably, rival sources have come forward to tell the New York Daily News the Jets never shopped Revis before his injury. It's going to be an extremely long offseason in New York.

Truth in BOLD
    I truly can't wait for the off season to begin.. It's going to be so much funnnnn
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast