Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If we could get a decently high 2nd rounder, I'd be all over trading him. Or maybe a 3rd this year and conditional 3rd/2nd next year.

vCash
    The bottom line is we cant keep both so one must go pick your poison I guess, we should really be looking to restrucure some deals and looking at trading other guys but the one thing that bothers me is the amount of money Revis wajts he is a great player but no way a corner is worth that money **** we barely mssed him this year

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    yeah lets just trade our best guys... ****ing idiots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CEasFiRe View Post
    yeah lets just trade our best guys... ****ing idiots
    Dude theirs no money, I doubt its about wanting to trade anyone but when you cant pay you cant pay and to be honest Revis and his agent aint helping with these crazy demands

vCash
    If this draft was better talent wise I would go the Jimmy Johnson rout and trade everyone that would get back good picks, this team needs so much you might aswell rebuild the right way

vCash
    I would keep Cro over Revis. We need to retool our team and would get much more in return for Revis than Cro. Secondly why trade your best player who did what was asked of him. He plays corner, can run back kickoffs and can line up as a receiver. I don't see primadonna Revis doing this. Plus we dont know about Revis's rehab yet.

vCash
    Revis is our best player and probably the best defensive player in the league. Last time we got rid of a good player/playmaker due to a similar injury, we lost Leon Washington, who is still just as explosive. If you go to the best doctor in the country, your ACL should come back even stronger post surgery. No guarantees of course, and Revis doesnt help matters with his occasional selfishness either. Id hate to see Revis go, as he is such a difference maker (i know Cro stepped up in his absence). IF i was Revis, id but shutting my mouth right now, go out and play next season, and really prove you deserve those big big bucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush520 View Post
    Revis is our best player and probably the best defensive player in the league. Last time we got rid of a good player/playmaker due to a similar injury, we lost Leon Washington, who is still just as explosive. If you go to the best doctor in the country, your ACL should come back even stronger post surgery. No guarantees of course, and Revis doesnt help matters with his occasional selfishness either. Id hate to see Revis go, as he is such a difference maker (i know Cro stepped up in his absence). IF i was Revis, id but shutting my mouth right now, go out and play next season, and really prove you deserve those big big bucks.
    The problem is the Jets can't let Revis play out his contract the odds of him resigning after tge year are nill, their hands are tied they have to trade hik now or give him the money now no other options cant risk this guy signing with tge Pats or Bills or even the Dolphins and all we get is a 3rd that would be a nightmare for the Jets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    If this draft was better talent wise I would go the Jimmy Johnson rout and trade everyone that would get back good picks, this team needs so much you might aswell rebuild the right way
    That worked great for us in the 2000 draft.(sarcasm) We had 4 first round picks, hit on 2 of them and had a decent QB at the time but completely s hit the bed on the Becht pick.

The biggest problem is that there are way too many uncertainties when drafting a player. Their intangibles don't show up at the combine.

Another problem would be that all their rookie contracts would expire at or around the same time. Then we'd be experiencing the same dilemmas we face today. "Do we re-sign long term when we are still so far from the Super Bowl? or do we trade what we have for the future?"

Fact is all NFL teams aren't that far away from a title win. Every team has good ball players on them and in the case of the Jets we are a lot closer than their record would indicate. So do we trade our great players for draft picks? I would say no. We have to try to win now. We traded John Abraham in 2006 and we are still looking for his replacement. I know we got a good center from the pick we received, but anyone will tell you a pass rusher is more important than a center any day of the year.
    Last edited by Pattty Drips; 01-27-2013 at 03:59 PM.

vCash
    we really only have to trade 1 but who has more trade value? And who would cost less in the long run? Those are the questions that need to be addressed. And rite now im for keeping Cro, he would demand less money and hes not a hold out concern every other year. In our defense we really need a good corner and cro was a beast last year.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    we really only have to trade 1 but who has more trade value? And who would cost less in the long run? Those are the questions that need to be addressed. And rite now im for keeping Cro, he would demand less money and hes not a hold out concern every other year. In our defense we really need a good corner and cro was a beast last year.
    Couldn't agree more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    That worked great for us in the 2000 draft.(sarcasm) We had 4 first round picks, hit on 2 of them and had a decent QB at the time but completely s hit the bed on the Becht pick.

The biggest problem is that there are way too many uncertainties when drafting a player. Their intangibles don't show up at the combine.

Another problem would be that all their rookie contracts would expire at or around the same time. Then we'd be experiencing the same dilemmas we face today. "Do we re-sign long term when we are still so far from the Super Bowl? or do we trade what we have for the future?"

Fact is all NFL teams aren't that far away from a title win. Every team has good ball players on them and in the case of the Jets we are a lot closer than their record would indicate. So do we trade our great players for draft picks? I would say no. We have to try to win now. We traded John Abraham in 2006 and we are still looking for his replacement. I know we got a good center from the pick we received, but anyone will tell you a pass rusher is more important than a center any day of the year.
    No I know bro that going that rout is dangerous and its hit or miss and with our previous drafting history its doesn't help the argument but I got to disagree with the fact that we are close to competing, we have no qb or backup qb to speak of we have no lb with landry oa free agent our safeties are a question mark our offense is a joke we have no rb and no te and to top it off no money to really spend. Trading away guys and rebuilding that way has to be considered not saying its a must but an option when you look at our needs and cap situation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    No I know bro that going that rout is dangerous and its hit or miss and with our previous drafting history its doesn't help the argument but I got to disagree with the fact that we are close to competing, we have no qb or backup qb to speak of we have no lb with landry oa free agent our safeties are a question mark our offense is a joke we have no rb and no te and to top it off no money to really spend. Trading away guys and rebuilding that way has to be considered not saying its a must but an option when you look at our needs and cap situation
    Well maybe we have a lot of players to replace. But I still think if we shore up the right side of our o-line that will make a huge difference on this team. With a good proven co-ordinator, and good pass protection maybe, just maybe Sanchez can play like a starting QB should. I don't have a lot of faith in him but I always hope for the best.

I am not saying we have an elite offence or even a good one, but our defence is definitely a top tier D and that can carry a team pretty damn far when coupled with a good o-line. i.e 2009-2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I understand the points you are making, but how long is Cro going to keep his speed? Once Cro loses a step, he will turn into an average corner because he lacks good technique. Even if Revis loses a step after this surgery, he will still be better than most (if not all) corners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    I understand the points you are making, but how long is Cro going to keep his speed? Once Cro loses a step, he will turn into an average corner because he lacks good technique. Even if Revis loses a step after this surgery, he will still be better than most (if not all) corners.
    Who's to say he will lose his speed? Maybe he will be like Darrell Green and remain one of the leagues fastest players his entire career.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast