Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Now it's Cromartie, NOT Revis that they want to trade...

ESPN New York reports there is a "small segment" of the Jets' organization that would prefer to trade Antonio Cromartie over Darrelle Revis.

Cromartie is coming off a career-best year where he was asked to cover the offense's No. 1 receiver in Revis' absence. He also has two years left on his deal, and his trade value has never been higher. Due $9.5 million in 2013, the Jets would only take a cap hit of $2.5 million by trading Cromartie, instead of the $12 million hit they'd endure for dealing Revis. Cromartie is due a $2.3 million roster bonus on March 14, so a deal would have to be struck before then. Rex Ryan is believed to be of the contingent that supports trading Cromartie instead of Revis.

From another New York ESPN article...

The Jets would have to move fairly quickly because Cromartie is due a $2.3 million roster bonus on the third day of the league year (March 15); Revis is due a $1 million roster bonus on the fifth day. It would take some handiwork from new GM John Idzik, because he'd have to sign Revis to a long-term extension before dealing Cromartie. It can't be the other way because he'd be giving more leverage to Revis. Food for thought. Rex Ryan would disagree, but it might be a stretch to have two corners counting $20 million on the cap.

vCash
    Another snippet from the article and this one makes me cry because of how true it is...

2a. Same Old Jets: Typical Jets luck. They have a legitimate bargaining chip and there are no franchise-type quarterbacks in the draft.

vCash
    I just pray that a miracle happens and they are both in Jets uniforms on opening day.

vCash
    This isn't a big deal and it makes sense. When you have an organization as big as the Jets and you might have to trade an asset, you are going to have people disagree with who it will be. Some people in the organization hated the Stephen Hill pick for example while others thought he could have been our first round pick... It happens.

vCash
    Same as I said about Revis...If you can get the right price for him, I make a deal.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Same as I said about Revis...If you can get the right price for him, I make a deal.
    For him the right price has to be a first rounder in the top half of the draft and a second rounder this season or next (and that is the very least). They also need to hit on those picks which is the hard part. You can't let a guy like that walk and not replace him with two real good starters. I don't have confidence in the Jets hitting on those pick unless they shake up their current scouting department.

vCash
    MUCH more open to this but still wouldnt want it to happen unless it absolutely had to

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-T-SJETS3x View Post
    Another snippet from the article and this one makes me cry because of how true it is...

2a. Same Old Jets: Typical Jets luck. They have a legitimate bargaining chip and there are no franchise-type quarterbacks in the draft.
    Maybe we can snag a high 2014 pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    This isn't a big deal and it makes sense. When you have an organization as big as the Jets and you might have to trade an asset, you are going to have people disagree with who it will be. Some people in the organization hated the Stephen Hill pick for example while others thought he could have been our first round pick... It happens.
    Also - unrelated to this thread, but your sig is absolutely epic

vCash
    hate all of these possibilities because itll hurt us in the playoffs if we make it

only way we can compete with superior offense is playing coverage like we did in 2010 and kyle wilson gets beat like a drum so cro and revis are musts

vCash
    Does anyone know how Revis is recovering from his surgery? I love what Cromartie did for us last year, but a healthy Revis is much better than Cromartie. And if we take a bigger cap hit by trading Revis, then trading Cromartie makes much more sense. If we could get a 1st and a 2nd for Revis, then we should be able to get a high 2nd for Cromartie. However if Revis isnt at 100% then Id consider trading him.

vCash
    I thought Cro was Ryan's guy since Rex was salivating to get him.

I'd like to keep both Revis and Cromartie since they really compliment each other and we don't have to worry about the corners, but if [from a business standpoint] we had to move someone, would Revis be the better option, considering the ridiculous amount of money he will want??

vCash
    Smh

Jets go 6-10 with a myriad of problems and were talking about "deciding" btwn cromartie and revis

This team is a ****ing joke

So much dead weight on thisteam and youwant to **** with the only money well spent.

Newsflash: you didn't want to pay Aso , you never made a move for Marshall etc. You paid Calvin mothervucking pace. You drafted Clemens and Ducasse with your 2nd round picks. Salary cap space ain't gonna change the Jets.

They gave up a first a second and a 5th to draft revis before he was a superstar. Whose mother did he bang that were trading him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post
    hate all of these possibilities because itll hurt us in the playoffs if we make it

only way we can compete with superior offense is playing coverage like we did in 2010 and kyle wilson gets beat like a drum so cro and revis are musts
    PLAYOFFS? Don't talk about playoffs. PLAYOFFS??!!!?!?!?!!!??!

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Let's trade Holmes and Harris, restructure Brick and Mangold..... Wilson sucks I don't trust him covering leftovers with foil.

1 MORE PUPIL!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast