Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is it time to insert Amare in the starting lineup?

Amare's last five:

23.4 MPG, 4.8-8.2 FG on 58.5% shooting, 6.2-7.2 FT on 86.1%, 15.8 PPG and 5.3 RPG

Carmelo's last five:

41.0 MPG, 9.6-25.8 FG on 37.2% shooting, 1.4-6.0 3PT on 23.3%, 27.0 PPG, 6.2 REB AND 4.2 AST

Tyson's last five:

31.4 MPG, 2.0-3.0 FG on 66.7% shooting, 2.6-3.6 FT on 72.2%, 6.6 PPG and 11.4 RPG

Woodson's main point is that Carmelo has been flourishing at the 4. It's been a terrible and weird situation for us as the fans and the Knicks as a team that he's gone way downhill lately. He's not flourishing in any sense of the word. It started in Boston with the 6-26 showing. He's sucked with Amare on and off the court and his FG% for the season has fell to 44.9%, far away from Durant's 52-53% shooting.

The trend in the numbers here sees Tyson getting almost no looks, Amare making the most of his and Carmelo overcompensating on misses by shooting more. And if you watch the games that's exactly what's happened. Carmelo had been a savior all season for us, but it's time for Woodson to sit him down and set it straight. See what's going on with him, because ever since Boston he's been even worse than last year's Carmelo.

With Felton back, I think it's time to get Amare in the starting lineup, because obviously he's been ramping up back to star form and this team is starting to look ugly as currently constituted.

Until Camby and/or Wallace return, I think we'll have to see 35 minutes a night out of each Amare, Chandler and Melo.
    Last edited by NYC; 01-27-2013 at 11:21 AM.

vCash
    i wana see it only problem is woody won't because we have no back up bigs except kurt. You should have started by asking should Amare get more time

vCash
    I agree. Primarily the offense needs to be adjusted for the 2nd half.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    are melo and amare having chemistry problems on the floor together?

vCash
    It's getting close to that time for him to get back into the starting 5. Makes sense to take him out around the 4 minute mark of the 1st quarter, let Melo play the rest of the quarter out and than put Stat back in the start of the 2nd when Melo gets his standard rest. It'll allow us the luxury to have one of them on the court at ALL times, and it should hopefully help this team avoid getting off to such consistently ragged starts. There's too much pressure on Melo to score a lot in the 1st to keep the team afloat, putting Stat in the lineup should relieve some of the burden off Carmelo having to get 10+ points every 1st quarter.
    Last edited by Dankster; 01-27-2013 at 11:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    are melo and amare having chemistry problems on the floor together?
    No, not really. In fact since Amar'e has returned, Melo has been actively looking for him whenever he gets double/triple teamed. The problem has been between Amar'e and Tyson. They clog up the inside way too much when they're both on the court at the same time. Stat needs to play out more in the perimeter if our big 3 wants to be productive out there.

vCash
    No, Melo just hasn't been shooting well last couple weeks. Melo actually looks for Amar'e quite a bit

vCash
    you know what to be honest with you is that Woodson needs to have his rotation straight. Its crazy how white and copeland get no playing time. I wanted Amare to start and chandler to sit but the best option is either him starting or coming off the bench the problem is chandler has no mid range game. And I think pablo needs to play more and attack the basket like felton but when he does chandler never expects the passes. I don't know...my main gripe is that white should be in with felton and copeland. I like when the play like when they were in london.
    http://www.unscriptedent.com Radio Play Mixtape release Friday Oct. 29 Follow me on Twitter @legacy4eva For more info hit me up

vCash
    I don't think continuously switching up our lineups has done any good for this team. I still say start Felton-Kidd-Brewer-Melo-Tyson. That was far and away our best lineup and they played with tremendous chemistry to start the year. Ronnie can start and play 8 minutes Kurt style for all I care, 4 to start game and 4 to start the 3rd, but they were leading the league in first quarter point differential for a long span and we were getting off the great great starts.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    I agree with Nyc Recruit, it might be time to cut Carmelos minutes so he can try and get his head right, maybe it is the issue with his wife, that will weigh heavy on anyones mind, plus he is focing the issue on offense which is going to take a toll on him physically. Amare looks fresh. We need to try to find someone who can guard opposing point guards and a man to clear the boards. Carmelo starting at the 4 maybe wearing on him physically.

vCash
    I agree with Nyc Recruit, it might be time to cut Carmelos minutes so he can try and get his head right, maybe it is the issue with his wife, that will weigh heavy on anyones mind, plus he is focing the issue on offense which is going to take a toll on him physically. Amare looks fresh. We need to try to find someone who can guard opposing point guards and a man to clear the boards. Carmelo starting at the 4 maybe wearing on him physically.

vCash
    I know guys dont want to hear it but Tyson should come off the bench and Melos minutes should be cut some, Stat should startat the 5 just like I said before he came back that hebwould surprise many with his defensive effort and its obvious the whole thing with melos marriage is on his mind some guys can use situations like his to thrive on the court but melo seems to be mentally weak when **** dont go his way he crumbles....just my 2cents

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    I think the normal lineup, but with Shump at SF will be great. He can defend the position, but should help out offensively too. Guys just need to hit shots. That game wasn't lost because Shumpert was at 3.

As for Amare, the reason he's been able to look so strong and score so much in such short minutes is because he's coming off the bench. When he comes in LATELY he's been featured and that's been big. In the starting lineup Carmelo's the number 1 option, Felton and the pick and roll with Chandler is number 2. If Amare were in, then Chandler and he take away from each other's production. The point is to be able to maximize all of their production, and in many ways Amare is proving that will work for the benefit of the team. If not him off the bench as the featured player its JR's jumpshots only.

I wouldn't worry too much about whether Carmelo will find his shot or not.

vCash
    I think our lineup should look like this

felton
    Shumpert
    Copeland
    Melo
    Chandler

second unit
    Kidd
    Jr
    Brewer
    Kurt
    Amare

novak and pablo coming in as needed.

vCash
    Look we've been losing the first qtr most of the time lately and i think it causes us to lose games during this bad stretch. Teams might have already figured out how to guard us, and i think inserting amare to the starting lineup will keep them guessing who to defend and will take a little bit pressure off melo. If our starting unit isnt getting the job done then just why not try this and see what happens?

It's party time!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast