Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunqn View Post
    Thats sad how you guys look at deng as a unmovable piece.

But would be quick to comment on other threads and say guys like pierce,rondo,dwight & etc need to be traded..

The bulls dont NEED To move deng ..but the bulls do NEED one more piece to win & deng is looking expendable BECAUSE of the emergence of butler .. Hes not saying deng is bad so look to dump him..

Obviously you make a trade to get better.. So therefore deng is tradeable.. Because obvs it improves our team..

If moving deng got us something like a kevin love or eric gordon then off he goes..
    Bulls fans have the biggest homers of all..
    This hinges the same logic people applied two years ago, it was wrong then and it's wrong now. If the Bulls have a top 5 defensive unit, one of the best records in the league, and get into the playoffs with a healthy roster; there is no reason to expect anything less than a similar showing when they were nothing more than a handful of possessions away from playing for a championship.

The discussion to move Deng, from my perspective and most people here, has always been to establish a different (not additional) piece to support Derrick for the next 5 years of years his career while changing the way the Bulls function or clearing cap to do so. The reasoning behind the suggestion was simple, though the Bulls could defend any team in the league they lacked offensive efficiency and bench production to out-score their opponents. This season has been a very similar case-study with the GLARING omission of Derrick Rose missing EVERY game.

The other two teams you listed are in COMPLETELY different situations. Boston was looking at the big-three as the "old three" and could have very easily pushed reset if KG decided he wanted to see what else was available in the league and NOT retire as a Celtic. Pierce is now the first of those players looking at the same situation - take a discount and stay in Boston or go somewhere else. On top of that, Ainge is put in the scenario where Pierce may still have value as an veteran player with some (not much) mileage in the tank and a large expiring deal. It's not far fetched to shop Pierce at all. The concept of trading Rondo isn't nearly as absurd as you suggest considering the consistent rumors surrounding how Doc, Ainge, and Rondo interact, but there's no denying he's the best athlete on that Boston squad and likely not going anywhere without stellar returns.

Dwight and the Lakers are a match made in heaven (or hell). If Dwight can't find a way to work out his differences in LA, I expect to see the team change around him. Yes, he's on the verge of destroying another team but it's sheer idiocy to think of Dwight as the asset leaving the Lakers when Gasol and even Kobe are still there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    This hinges the same logic people applied two years ago, it was wrong then and it's wrong now. If the Bulls have a top 5 defensive unit, one of the best records in the league, and get into the playoffs with a healthy roster; there is no reason to expect anything less than a similar showing when they were nothing more than a handful of possessions away from playing for a championship.

The discussion to move Deng, from my perspective and most people here, has always been to establish a different (not additional) piece to support Derrick for the next 5 years of years his career while changing the way the Bulls function or clearing cap to do so. The reasoning behind the suggestion was simple, though the Bulls could defend any team in the league they lacked offensive efficiency and bench production to out-score their opponents. This season has been a very similar case-study with the GLARING omission of Derrick Rose missing EVERY game.

The other two teams you listed are in COMPLETELY different situations. Boston was looking at the big-three as the "old three" and could have very easily pushed reset if KG decided he wanted to see what else was available in the league and NOT retire as a Celtic. Pierce is now the first of those players looking at the same situation - take a discount and stay in Boston or go somewhere else. On top of that, Ainge is put in the scenario where Pierce may still have value as an veteran player with some (not much) mileage in the tank and a large expiring deal. It's not far fetched to shop Pierce at all. The concept of trading Rondo isn't nearly as absurd as you suggest considering the consistent rumors surrounding how Doc, Ainge, and Rondo interact, but there's no denying he's the best athlete on that Boston squad and likely not going anywhere without stellar returns.

Dwight and the Lakers are a match made in heaven (or hell). If Dwight can't find a way to work out his differences in LA, I expect to see the team change around him. Yes, he's on the verge of destroying another team but it's sheer idiocy to think of Dwight as the asset leaving the Lakers when Gasol and even Kobe are still there.

vCash
    It wouldn't even be a lateral move, it would be ********.

Trading Deng for a 2 guard would rip apart this team at the seams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beardown78 View Post
    I was having a debate about the value of Lou Deng and the emergence of Jimmy Butler, two good wing defenders whom could slow down some of the high scoring wings we would face in the playoffs. I believe we should keep them both from A depth standpoint, my friend believes Deng should be moved for A 2 guard such as Monte Ellis or Oj Mayo. I think such A move wouldn't get the Bulls any closer to beating Miami in A series and would possibly make the Bulls worse. You're thoughts.
    While perhaps premature, the recent play of Jimmy Butler leads me to reconsider the idea of trading Deng for even say an Eric Gordon type. No way would the Bulls, nor should they, trade Deng for anyone like Monta Ellis. And Deng's value is still greater than Mayo's. Right now, there is no shooting guard in the league outside of James Harden (which isn't realistic) that resides on a specific team where a deal makes sense (mostly for the Bulls).

After a healthy Eric Gordon, there's nobody. You have players like Mayo/Matthews/Afflalo yes, but they aren't as valuable to the Bulls as Deng is and won't increase our chances of beating the Heat in this season's playoffs.

vCash
    Trading Deng would be a huge mistake, and Thibs wouldn't have it, anyway.

vCash
    Trading Deng, even for Eric Gordon or Aaron Afflalo, won't make sense.

Bulls hole is in scoring. Deng's scoring average this season is almost equal(if not greater) to E.Gordon and Afflalo. On top of that Deng can guard Lebron, which is a requirement if your playing in the east.

I think the emergence of Jimmy Butler just strengthen our chance of beating Miami, and not by any means would he become the next Luol Deng.

Noah, Boozer, Deng, Taj and Jimmy could get double figure rebounds in a given night. Solid defense and rebounding would propel this Bulls team over Miami.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123