Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Deng for A 2 guard lateral move?

I was having a debate about the value of Lou Deng and the emergence of Jimmy Butler, two good wing defenders whom could slow down some of the high scoring wings we would face in the playoffs. I believe we should keep them both from A depth standpoint, my friend believes Deng should be moved for A 2 guard such as Monte Ellis or Oj Mayo. I think such A move wouldn't get the Bulls any closer to beating Miami in A series and would possibly make the Bulls worse. You're thoughts.

vCash
    Not happening

vCash
    Last night was a prime example of Deng's value. We had only one player reach double digits.

vCash
    Deng will never be traded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
    Deng will never be traded.
    Unless he's part of a package that would net us an annual All-Star.

vCash
    his value and leadership on this team is far beyond enything i feel we could get back.his off the field workmanship goes unmatched .no trade for deng hes a bull till hes done

vCash
    Yeah, I need more from Jimmy to be comfortable with a trade of Deng

And im also not trading Luol for monta Ellis

vCash
    your friend is ********

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by str8balla4life View Post
    his value and leadership on this team is far beyond enything i feel we could get back.his off the field workmanship goes unmatched .no trade for deng hes a bull till hes done
    I really think the bolded is what's going to happen. I don't see him in another uniform.

vCash
    I would absolutely explore trading Deng, however I would wait until the offseason to do so. Coupling Deng at his highest value(back-to-back All Star and will be an expiring contract) with another asset or two very well could attain that second star.

Butler playing well in Deng's absence(although a small sample size) only strengthens my feelings towards trading Deng. This season has played about as well as a Bulls fan could ask for from a value standpoint.

I love Deng, but I view this in the same vein as the summer of 2010. Then, if he really wants to plays for the Bulls he can come back after a year or two away ala Hinrich.

It's, in my opinion, worth the shot.
    I got this

vCash
    Definitely not. I wouldn't even consider trading Deng. We could play Butler at guard and Deng at forward. I would do that before trading for a second guard.

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beardown78 View Post
    I was having a debate about the value of Lou Deng and the emergence of Jimmy Butler, two good wing defenders whom could slow down some of the high scoring wings we would face in the playoffs. I believe we should keep them both from A depth standpoint, my friend believes Deng should be moved for A 2 guard such as Monte Ellis or Oj Mayo. I think such A move wouldn't get the Bulls any closer to beating Miami in A series and would possibly make the Bulls worse. You're thoughts.
    lol....dude, I'd consider trading Deng but not for Ellis or Mayo....we'd get ****in hosed in that trade

vCash
    I actually think that with the emergence of Butler, Deng becomes too hard to trade because the Bulls will be looking for value coming back and every other team in the league will low-ball the Bulls offers as a result. There's no way the Bulls can "dump him" for cap relief (arguably the only reason to trade Deng - a poor one at that) and the front office, fans, and media would likely demand similar all-star level talent coming back, something that isn't likely.

The only trade that could work is Deng for a cadre of players like a decent starting SG, a backup big, and draft/salary concessions but I don't think there's that much of a pressing need to move Deng for that.

vCash
    i would trade deng depends on the guard.for the payers you mentioned like ellis? no way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFTW View Post
    Unless he's part of a package that would net us an annual All-Star.
    He will never be traded under his current contract. I also see Lu taking a discount when his contract is up to stay with the Bulls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast