Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Our 2 Biggest Weak Spots: Pick 'n Roll Defense & Outside Shooting

Seems like these two things are recipes for disaster for. The common theme in games were we just get slaughtered teams are forcing our bigs to defend the Pick and Roll and they just get completely lost. Before ppl say it's Lopez fault our guards are doing a horrible job of getting under the picks Deron especially but Lopez really isn't helping himself here.

On Offense teams are just collapsing the paint on us. Reggie Evans, Kris Humphries and Gerald Wallace are becoming huge liabilities for us. We are forced to play THREE on FIVE!! when we have 2 of them on the court at them same time. Teletovic needs to get more playing time to spread teams out. And if we aren't going to play Brooks than Watson needs to play in the back court with Dwill. Either we are going to need to play smaller or Deron is going to have push the ball more up court to make Crash a factor.

vCash
    It's not entirely Lopez's fault though. The 4 (whether it's Evans or Humphries) fails to rotate properly when Lopez extends to help, which causes Lopez's man to score under the basket. If the Nets had a more competent power forward who can decently defend the PnR and knows his defensive rotations, the Nets would be a lot better as a whole. All those passes Deron feeds to Evans and Humphries in the paint would turn into easy buckets for a better power forward. They wouldn't miss or fumble the pass leading to a turnover. Shooting is an issue as well I agree, I hope King can find a shooter out there to help the Nets.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Outside shooting is certainly a huge asset but I don't think you neccesarily need it to win in the playoffs. On the other hand, the 4 is the teams main weak spot and I think you guys should definitely try to aquire another power forward.

vCash
    The outside shooting seems to me to be more of a game to game thing...there are games when the Nets light it up from the outside.

vCash
    Gerald Wallace needs to be shooting 1000 jumpers a day he is a huge liability for us its hard to watch him shoot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    Gerald Wallace needs to be shooting 1000 jumpers a day he is a huge liability for us its hard to watch him shoot
    His shot looks funny. He hips are not square and his jumper is flat. I think we got shooter....swag, Tele, Deron, Johnson, but we don't have athletes that can shoot. Gerald is our best athlete and he can't shoot so the defense plays off of him taking away the drive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkib View Post
    His shot looks funny. He hips are not square and his jumper is flat. I think we got shooter....swag, Tele, Deron, Johnson, but we don't have athletes that can shoot. Gerald is our best athlete and he can't shoot so the defense plays off of him taking away the drive.
    He's there to give the opposing team's star player some trouble. He's a hustle guy who can attack the rim at times and be that 'crash' guy that we need

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Once we get to the playoffs, at the end of games, we can't have both Evans(or Hump) and Wallace on the floor together. It has to be either MT3 or Bogans, unless we pick up a shooter that can play the 3.
    Otherwise they collapse on the big 3.
    I'm down on Wallace, his D hasn't been that great to make up for his lack of offense.