Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Earlier Tuesday, I had a Twitter discussion with several readers about the idea of the Oakland Raiders taking West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith with the No. 3 pick in the NFL draft.

There have been a lot of rumors that the Raiders could be interested in Smith.

On ESPN.

Link :
    http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...cwest&id=54467

I'm surprised were even looking at QB's. Reggie make the rite decision man don't screw us over.
    I really think it is purposely leaked propaganda to influence the Chiefs in picking Geno or causing someone else to want to move up the board to get him. If either scenario happens we are in a good spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    In other news, RM has now assumed the named Lennay Kekua.
    Ahwww crap! What a distraction this could be...I also heard Mark Davis used that deer growth hormone spray on his hair...don't know what to think about that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    If you fail in the 1st rd drafting a QB, you're gonna be set back at least five years....maybe long(see Jarmarcus Russell at 320 lbs). If we take Geno Smith @ #3(crossing my fingers we won't), regardless of what we say, he's a Raider, and I'll support him 100%. But I don't want to support him though.....at least if we take him @ #3.....LOL
    I hear you. The beauty part with the rookie wage scale, is that top picks are getting about half of what they used to. If he sucks, it doesn't set you back that terribly, which is why it is ok to take shots of players with big upsides. Saying that, I don't see a huge upside with Smith. How many games did WVA win down the stretch after a good start? Smith..or frankly any QB in this draft isn't capable of bringing our defense back when we are down 14 in the second half.

I hope we don't take him also..too many other good players will be available that fill bigger holes on our team because despite what some fans reported earlier, most of the commentators say there is no easy way out of the Carson Palmer contract...thank you Hue Jackson..

vCash
    In all fairness to Geno Smith, considering all the passing attempts, he wasn't an INT machine. His defense couldn't stop a Greg Knapp led offense...look at the horrible #'s their D had.........

vCash
    Smokescreen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    In all fairness to Geno Smith, considering all the passing attempts, he wasn't an INT machine. His defense couldn't stop a Greg Knapp led offense...look at the horrible #'s their D had.........
    Smith is probably the most accurate QB in the '13 draft.

There are a lot worse reasons to draft a guy. Russell could shoot a football to the moon, but couldn't hit an accurate out-route while rolling for his life.

vCash
    He is. I actually like Geno Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Smith is probably the most accurate QB in the '13 draft.

There are a lot worse reasons to draft a guy. Russell could shoot a football to the moon, but couldn't hit an accurate out-route while rolling for his life.
    In any other draft year, I'd be estatic to draft Geno Smith. But we have so many glaring needs at key positions, such as OL and DL, CBs, SS, FS, LBs....other than that, we are a completed team....LOL

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345