Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Looks like disinformation to me. Good tradecraft Reggie.

vCash
    Reggie and DA have been extremely quiet in their dealings...

What makes you people think they all of the sudden are letting people know who they like or are hot for?

This guy writes for bleacherreport and is a "analyst" for Madden 13.... #FAIL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
    #Raiders: Rumor mill is working through the league that Oakland scouts love Geno Smith. Front office is ready for a new QB.

Link:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/nfldrafts...69401081933825

If this is true Reggie's has to be the dumbest person alive.
    Damn, Reggie is a genious. He is letting it leak that the Raiders are interested in Geno Smith to drum up trade interest for the #3 pick.
    Last edited by krsonekth; 01-27-2013 at 01:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    It's smart. You make rumors that you are interested in a guy that some teams thought might still be there later in the 1st. Then those teams get desperate and you get more picks than you probably could have got otherwise for a player that you were never gonna take anyway.
    Not really... if anything, it will force a team to trade up to #2 if they intend to get Geno Smith.

And, let's be honest - Geno isn't my choice, but if Reggie drafts him, I'll roll with it. I sucked it up when DHB was drafted #7 overall; I'm sure I can suck it up and accept Geno Smith as a Raider.

I want a franchise QB in the worst way. If Smith fits the bill, we'll all love the draft pick in 2-3 years.

vCash
    "Front office is ready for a new QB."

As they should be. This RM/DA duo should someday find their guy at the QB position and who ever that is, whenever that is, they should get him.

Now having said that, I would take other QBs before Smith in this draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NavajoRaiderfan View Post
    A major aspect of the draft is the poker element- smoke screens to hide true intent.

It would be the pinnacle of stupidity to tell the world who you want to draft.
    someone else said it would be stupid to draft a qb in round 1..sorry Firm...however...lets see..we trade palmer and our 3rd rd to jets for revis and their 2nd. Then we trade pryor, mcclain to eagles for their 3rd, and 4th.Then we draft a qb....we would then have a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd, 2 4ths.

vCash
    This!! That's exactly what I'm thinking

vCash
    We don't draft high QB cuz we do not know what we have in Pryor . Maybe next year fellas

vCash
    If they feel someone is a franchise QB, they have to take him. They want their guy and it isn't like we are set for years at that position. We need an upgrade everywhere, so taking a franchise QB (if they feel that is what he is) with our 1st isn't as bad as people here are making it out to be. Every position is a need.

vCash
    I cant blame them for being so interested in him IF they are. Nobody knows if this is true. I like him a lot, but I don't think they should take him there because we need help in other spots and I like and want TP to get a chance. But if they take him I'll be shocked but not mad at it. I think he got a bad rap towards the end because they lost some games. But in my opinion, it was his team that let him down, not the other way around. He made a very average team look good for a couple weeks then they came back to earth. Guy is a beast though. Lots of upside. But once again, I think we should not take him. Give me Joeckel or Milliner

My girl. Don't look at her.

STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE!

vCash
    Chances raiders take geno smith #3 overall=0
    chances people are duped into overpaying for him=0
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    I highly doubt this was Reggie and the Raiders leaking this. I think it was either KC or Jax leaking it so a QB hungry team jumps the "interested" raiders.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Nice rumor.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Smokescreen. It's the oldest trick in the book; You, at #3, act like you're interested in a QB so that interested parties who like the same player trade up for the pick. Good job, McKenzie.

vCash
    "facts" aren't always true. How many times do you hear rock stars going into treatment for "exhaustion"? A pre-draft rumor holds about as much weight as the guy in the back of the elevator who said "It wasn't me".

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast