Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: royce white

vCash

royce white

i think the spurs should consider trading for him. his value seems dirt cheap right now. i don't think it would take much more than bonner or blair to get him. to be honest, i think we should trade out of the 1st this year and get a 2nd this year and next from houston, add in blair, and get white. i think the rockets would take it. i dont know if we can trade our first this year cause of that weird must draft with your first rule. maybe blair 2nd this and next for white 2nd this and next. i think we win on the position of the 2nds and unguaranteed contracts. and i think we win cause i don't think white is gonna bust as bad as houston seems to expect. he'll play and play well at some point. everybody says he had talent in college enough to be drafted higher. he's straight trippin on the mental issues and he has to come to his senses. based on "just come on man." if he doesn't, oh well it was worth the small amount of cap space. spurs could get a major steal with him.

vCash
    I don't know why the Rockets would trade him now that they've reached an agreement for him to actually play. I also don't see the benefit of trading a pick or an NBA player for someone that won't contribute right away.

Also, he isn't "straight trippin" and it's not a "come on man" situation. He has a medical condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    i think they'd trade him even now, because they look at his problem the same way you do. oh he's hopeless, his medical condition is too crippling, lets get his contract outta here now before he trips out again and we're stuck with it. that was a rockets fo and fan impression. the benefit is we free up blairs minutes for a look at baynes or white, and/or bonner 3s at least. i don't think the spurs need somebody who'll contribute right away. with a baynes and bonner for reserve, they got plenty flexibility for white to "come on man." his medical condition has an answer. a front office ballsy and smart enough to drug him up and fly him, or play him home games and bus him to division games. he's got spurs steal written all over him. he's gotta be this years amnesty-esque pick up.

vCash
    He is not worth it. His medical issues is not a problem for me. It is how he has responded to his medical issues that I have concerns with. He may have skills, but he needs to figure out how to work with it before we should risk even the salary cap. Why be stuck with a guys salary numbers when we can wait for Hou to cut him and then sign him to a non-guarunteed contract. He isn't getting pt with us right now anyways, so let Hou deal with these difficult years and let him break into his role and value and then revisit it down the road. Plus he makes 1.6 mil, so we couldn't trade Blair straight up for him (even though ESPN says it works, I don't know how it does). It would need to be Blair + someone one or Bonner. And Bonner fills more of a role than royce would. Sorry, doesn't work for us.

vCash
    No thanks, I wouldn't even offer a second round pick for the kid. He just doesn't have the head to play the game. I know he has a serious anxiety issue, if that's the case time to suit up and go in to the world of business.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    i dunno benji. i think he's gonna get it together and his whole anxiety thing is gonna be a nonfactor. he's not making it look good right now and everybody is so scared of him, but i just have a huntch he's gonna get over it. he has too much money and potential at stake to throw it away over a medical condition that a considerable amount of people consider illegitimate. surely some doctor or mentor can help him. i think he's just a wimp. he's dad gum george mcfly from back to the future. drug out, fly to some games, build some comradery, win, scratch your head at why you were so worried in the first place, and then win bigger. imo that's what will come of him, but only if he goes to the right team. i know there was somebody in here that talked about how a number like 1.6 mil can make a huge difference in free agency in the offseason. that's true, but it's worth the risk. he'd be here. no wage war with some other interested team like new york with a much less terrorizing road schedule. and we'd have bird rights. that contract issue for a trade is something i didn't think of. maybe the trade machine is right? perhaps dejauns contract just squeaks inside mininum flexibility of contract difference? if not then trade matt and a our late 1st for white and houstons earlier 2nd. i love the idea of him here because he seems like a diaw. i'm really loving diaws game this year. his handles and awareness make it so much easier for our cutters and shooters, and he can drive, cut, and shoot well himself. imagine a diaw style player on court at all times. one in the starters and one on the bench team. kahwi could move to 2, diaw at 3. danny green off the bench with manu, mills, baynes, and white. with mills and baynes chemistry, green spreading the court and defending, manu being manu, and white acting as diaw... oh man we'd be deep. not to mention neal, cojo, decolo, or one of diaw/bonner.