Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    I agree with you on this one. Young teams need consistency offensively especially. Calderon comes in, he isn't flashy, he isn't going to break your ankles with a move...but he is going to be consistent every day and get everyone involved in the game...and everyone knows what to expect when they step on the floor with him. Some call that chemistry...I don't know if its chemistry or just a different way of leading a team. I'm pretty sure that Calderon could walk on the floor with any team and play the exact same way with them.

I like Lowry, and I like the agressive style, but he has to be able to play that style within the abilities of the other 4 players on the floor with him, and so far he has only shown he can do that in flashes. I do believe that he is going to be moved because he seems to be unable to adjust his game. He is a strong player, individually a better player than calderon...but not a better TEAM player....and this team needs a TEAM player to lead them.
    this team needs better players. period. this team needs talent and Lowry is talented. He just needs time to gel with his teammates. It is unfair to say that Jose wins against the teams he is supposed to when Lowry is sitting on the bench for those games.

like I remind you that Calderon is 32 years old this year. And he's not getting younger. I don't get the flak that Lowry is getting when Calderon loses us a lot of games as well just by being a player who gives up points

vCash
    uhh oh Calderon is playing an above .500 team...10 bucks he loses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NO-se_Calderon View Post
    uhh oh Calderon is playing an above .500 team...10 bucks he loses.
    We have ourselves a big spender...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    We have ourselves a big spender...
    says the guy who wanted to bet me $1000 you are something else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    says the guy who wanted to bet me $1000 you are something else
    Because I knew that I was right... Does ten bucks seem like he's confident with his statement?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    this team needs better players. period. this team needs talent and Lowry is talented. He just needs time to gel with his teammates. It is unfair to say that Jose wins against the teams he is supposed to when Lowry is sitting on the bench for those games.

like I remind you that Calderon is 32 years old this year. And he's not getting younger. I don't get the flak that Lowry is getting when Calderon loses us a lot of games as well just by being a player who gives up points
    Since when is 32 old? lol

I don't disagree with you that this team needs better talent period. Lowry is talented, no doubt, but he doesn't fit with the current roster. So...is it easier to get better talent by utilizing Lowry in a trade or Calderon? Which is going to bring in the most talent in return? Utilizing your logic that Calderon is 32, not getting any younger, yadda yadda yadda...Lowry has a team friendly contract, is a better talent....Would it not be logical to think that Lowry will bring in more talent? How long do you give him to "Gel" with his teammates? IMO Lowry will bring in the most talent in a trade, and Calderon is a consistent perfomer so far this season, with a contract that is expiring and unless you are getting $10/yr or more in talent value in return for him...the expiring contract is worth more than the return for him right now (utilizing your logic about age, defensive liabilities etc etc etc).

Personally, I like the 2 of them playing together. I like having Calderon here, as Lowry is a train wreck in terms of injuries and would rather have both of them on long term contracts than trade either of them. Fact is that calderon is out playing Lowry...simple fact. If Lowry could stay healthy for more than a few games...perhaps he could be outplaying Calderon...but...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123