Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Batum is playing really well. Sometimes it takes people some time to notice especially since very few people catch the Portland games. Portland has some real talent.

For what it is worth I must say that Danilo Gallinari (Yes I'm a fan) is playing equally as well as Batum and he hardly gets any notice as well.

PER 36 minutes:

Batum-15.3ppg-5.6rpg-4.4apg
    DGallo-18.3ppg-5.9rpg-2.7apg
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    When Sonics are back and we get our rivalry going again people will once again pay more attention to NW and more people will see and understand Batum is borderline All-Star. Many many Blazer fans believe Batum deserved it more then LMA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    When Sonics are back and we get our rivalry going again people will once again pay more attention to NW and more people will see and understand Batum is borderline All-Star. Many many Blazer fans believe Batum deserved it more then LMA.
    That's silly. LMA is the leader of the team. Nicolas is the best defender but besides that LMA is more efficient and puts up 21 and 9 a night.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Your assessment seems off-base to me. I remember him getting a lot of hype initially. He was expected to be a lockdown defender a quality offense player with a good perimeter game. He didn't explode on to the scene like people thought and he drifted back to the end of the line. It's not like his season is so overwhelmingly good now that he deserves attention. The Blazers are only a .500 team and (as many have noted) Lillard and LA are equally responsible for that record. Being part of a quality trio on an average team doesn't produce a lot of media hype.

vCash
    David Kahn wanted him and he's not failing miserably so no need for the media to pay attention to him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Your assessment seems off-base to me. I remember him getting a lot of hype initially. He was expected to be a lockdown defender a quality offense player with a good perimeter game. He didn't explode on to the scene like people thought and he drifted back to the end of the line. It's not like his season is so overwhelmingly good now that he deserves attention. The Blazers are only a .500 team and (as many have noted) Lillard and LA are equally responsible for that record. Being part of a quality trio on an average team doesn't produce a lot of media hype.
    LMA has no killer instinct it is simple fact. He can't close out teams. He can't take a game over. so many times he gets 18-20 points first half then finishes with 22. He shy's away from leadership. He shy's away from big moments. Yes he can score and has way more offensive moves then people give him credit for. I am not denying he is a really good player and one of our top 3. However he is not nearly as important to Blazers as Batum. Batum is involved in every play on both ends of court every game. He is responsible for at least half or our rebounds, he only gets credit for like 6 or 7 a game but LMA would get 2 if not for Batum tipping them to him and keeping them out hands of other team.

LMA is over rated by many NBA fans from other teams. Batum is most underrated Blazer all time. He is heart and soul of this team. When he is not scoring or goes cold he gets others involved. If someone is having trouble on D he bails them out. He does everything for us and when we need someone to bail us out he and Lillard are the players that get looked to for help. Not LMA. Trust me I wish LMA had instinct and true star ability, he just doesn't. A reason we brought him to be 3rd star, that is where he thrives. He is Bosh. No shame in that.

vCash
    If made up your minds that's cool. Does not bother me. My hope out of this is more people actually sit down and really watch/dissect games and see that better then advertised. I got no problem with people giving LMA respect. I understand not everyone gonna agree with me. Everyone has right to opinion. Glad to have had a productive conversation.

vCash
    Batum is flat out ballin. 2 triple dubs this week.
    <<<<Home of the Giants
    SF Giants -
    Heat -
    49ers - x5
    Sharks -
    Texas A&M (CFB) - Johnny "football" Manziel!!!!
    Seton Hall (CBB) - One day........I miss Dehere
    Current favorite players - D Wade, Patrick Willis, Buster Posey.
    All time fave's - Glen Rice/ZO, Barry Bonds, Jerry Rice

vCash
    Because he is not a "loud player" he just goes out and does what he needs to do without saying much

vCash
    Considering the $$ he's making, Batum needs to play better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123