Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon11 View Post
    On his last legs, the man who carried a bad franchise his entire career, the focus of the superbowl should be on one of the quietest, and most devoted men this league has ever seen.
    I remember that bowl game when he blew knee out. The kid was destined to be a first round pick and out went the knee. Drop to the 60's I believe.

It's a great story how things worked out for Gore. A kid who blew out his knee, runs a 4.66 forty and scored a miserable 6 on his Wonderlic. He's still standing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    I think BR is trying to change their image to be a more worthy sports news blog, which is why they're a sponsor to First Take on ESPN. The BR site use to be amateurish which caused me to stop reading it. They might have changed, I don't know, haven't been on that site in a few years.

I agree with everything ntd said above.

P.S. I hope Ray 'OJ' Lewis breaks his neck in the Super Bowl. That would be supreme justice for that dirtbag. He can retire on a stretcher.
    I like the Bleacher Report. Don't have too much bad to say about them. They keep the content flowing, the coverage wide and send emails regarding the topics I like. What is great Journalism in sports anyways? The fools who scream at each other on espn, the 3 people we meet in heaven, SI swimsuit issue? It's all subjective to people's opinions. Bleacher Report is fine in my book!
    "If a, would a, could a, should a, Lived on Maybe street, the street that never was"....Rad Alger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    As a featured columnist for Bleacher Report I get really annoyed when people on this site say "everything you say is wrong because it came from Bleacher Report." I mean really? Have you seen some of the posters on this site? I'd say a solid 85-90% of PSD would be rejected by Bleacher Report just for the right to write. Less than 1% could actually gain any traction on the site. This is a writer who has actually posted some pretty impressive numbers for B/R (which, contrary to popular belief, is based on quality). He knows a hell of a lot more than most of you. Not all of you, because there are a some very knowledgeable fans on this site, but most of you.
    Everything I've read on bleacher report has been garbage.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    This ones for Randy Moss. Top 2 WR of all time is on the cusp of getting his ring and solidifying his legacy.

vCash
    I must be the only one that is more tired of the "win it for (place player name here)" mantra than the brothers angle.... seriously, it should be about the total team and their collective accomplishments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ntd View Post
    I know I'm new to the site and I've been lurking here for a long time I just had to point out this:

A site and writer that can't even get it's english correct is a joke, even though I agree with the content of the article being a 49ers fan. I don't know if the Bleacher Report has editors that edit posts but they should because it diminishes their credibility when they let people post articles with grammar and spelling mistakes.

More poor writing, it makes it seem like Gore was on the team in 2004 when he was picked in the same draft as Alex Smith in 2005.

On a side note, I can't believe SI puts fannation posts on their main page, most of those articles are a complete joke.
    Editing can be a bit of a mixed bag. A lot of editing comes from interns who aren't paid, so there are times when you feel like you get what you pay for. I feel the same way about editors that I do about the writers, there are some good ones and some bad ones. I've been screwed by editors leaving something I wrote untouched for hours or even days, I've also worked with some really good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    As for your defense of BR, I get that you want to be a legitimate writer. HOWEVER, you have to feel that you're ****ing yourself over if you want to write sports being affiliated with BR.

They are trash. You know it, I know it, we all know it. That doesn't mean that there aren't good writers or that they're not full of bad writers who get hot every now and then. But, their name just is garbage. At some point, you need to dissociate with that company, and the sooner the better is probably wise.
    I'm the first to admit the issues their brand has but I'm still fine with associating myself with their brand. Here's the way I look it: I'm a college sophomore. At this stage in most sportswriting careers I'd probably be covering my school's D3 hockey team or something for the school paper. Instead, I get to write about major sports for a site that gets me a ton of exposure and, on occasion, pays me. One option is just better than the other.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Threatened retirement? Wanna provide a link before you throw that word out there?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=4833327

http://twitchy.com/2012/05/17/ed-ree...iously-though/

CubsStuckinSTL was right.

vCash
    I understand Reed is one of the best at his position, but are we really comparing RB vs. Safety? Safety is arguably the least important position on the field, while RB is probably around number two. Gore played behind a horrible offensive line and a stacked box and still was a huge brightspot. Reed has always played in a stacked defense.
    Completely false.

Point: Nick Collins, Green Bay Packers. The year the Packers won the Super Bowl and really for the last several years the Packers have been able to succeed without much of a running back yet the defense (and Collins especialy) was a huge part of that.

The following year he goes down, ended his career, and our defense still hasn't recovered.

Safety is a huge position on the field.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    I understand Reed is one of the best at his position, but are we really comparing RB vs. Safety? Safety is arguably the least important position on the field, while RB is probably around number two. Gore played behind a horrible offensive line and a stacked box and still was a huge brightspot. Reed has always played in a stacked defense.

Oh the things you read on PSD...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    This thread is just too funny.

*RB is probably the second most important position on the football field - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    *BR is a quality site - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    *S is the least important position other than maybe FB - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

As far as the subject matter goes, Frank Gore is definitely a good player, although I disagree with the premise that he's "on his last legs" or necessarily that "29 is really old," even for a RB. Chances are, he can put together another 2 or 3 productive seasons as a lead back.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Based on this alone I'd feel pretty good about saying that you wouldn't be able to write for Bleacher Report.

If you don't like what I write that's your business, but there are good writers on the site. I'm the first to admit there are a ton of ****** ones, but there are some really good ones too. Writing for B/R has become a real double edged sword because right now it's by far the best way for young writers to get exposure, but the ****** writers kind of ruin it for the good ones. It really bothers me that people just see the name of the site and assume everyone on it is crap. I look at it kind of like a team. There are the LeBrons and the Wades (or at least the future LeBron's and Wade's, I think the model is intended for young writers to get experience there before their careers gain some traction) and there are the Juwan Howards and Dexter Pittmans.
    Bc I was drunk and laughing at you? It would be relatively easy to write for bleacher report but why would anyone? If you want a legitimate writing career I wouldn't want my name attached to that place.

vCash
    He misread and thought I was talking about gore

vCash
    This thread is too funny

29 Rec - 461 Yards -3 TD

vCash
    to much screwing going on in this thread- now if the name after the word "screwing" happens to be Megan Fox, Taylor Swift, or anyone named in this article http://www.fhm.com/girls/news/fhms-1...ll-list--83154 I would agree. But please lets stop talking about "screwing" football players.

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    Niners 5 SB's Ravens 1 SB, Ravens deserve it more

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast