Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Based on this alone I'd feel pretty good about saying that you wouldn't be able to write for Bleacher Report.

If you don't like what I write that's your business, but there are good writers on the site. I'm the first to admit there are a ton of ****** ones, but there are some really good ones too. Writing for B/R has become a real double edged sword because right now it's by far the best way for young writers to get exposure, but the ****** writers kind of ruin it for the good ones. It really bothers me that people just see the name of the site and assume everyone on it is crap. I look at it kind of like a team. There are the LeBrons and the Wades (or at least the future LeBron's and Wade's, I think the model is intended for young writers to get experience there before their careers gain some traction) and there are the Juwan Howards and Dexter Pittmans.
    Damn, way to take a stand but... You prob just screwed urself as a writer there dude
    Your perception of the obvious is OUTSTANDING!!!

vCash
    As a Viking fan i'll be rooting for Randy Moss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boms-4 View Post
    As a Viking fan i'll be rooting for Randy Moss.
    Good to have a reason to watch
    Your perception of the obvious is OUTSTANDING!!!

vCash
    **** everyone

vCash
    Based on this alone I'd feel pretty good about saying that you wouldn't be able to write for Bleacher Report.

If you don't like what I write that's your business, but there are good writers on the site. I'm the first to admit there are a ton of ****** ones, but there are some really good ones too.
    I know I'm new to the site and I've been lurking here for a long time I just had to point out this:

Don't tell that to Gore, even though the bruising back is use to the cynics and doubters.
    A site and writer that can't even get it's english correct is a joke, even though I agree with the content of the article being a 49ers fan. I don't know if the Bleacher Report has editors that edit posts but they should because it diminishes their credibility when they let people post articles with grammar and spelling mistakes.

The 49ers' record in last eight years is as follows: 4-12 (2005) ,7-9 (2006) ,5-11 (2007), 7-9 (2008), 8-8 (2009), 6-10 (2010), 13-3 (2011), 11-4-1(2012). Don't get me started on their abysmal 2-14 season in 2004, which led to the 49ers selecting quarterback Alex Smith with the first overall selection in the subsequent draft. Gore was sensational in those years, and often the only semi-recognizable player in a 49ers uniform.
    More poor writing, it makes it seem like Gore was on the team in 2004 when he was picked in the same draft as Alex Smith in 2005.

On a side note, I can't believe SI puts fannation posts on their main page, most of those articles are a complete joke.
    Last edited by ntd; 01-27-2013 at 01:13 AM.

vCash

If you don't like what I write that's your business, but there are good writers on the site. I'm the first to admit there are a ton of ****** ones, but there are some really good ones too. Writing for B/R has become a real double edged sword because right now it's by far the best way for young writers to get exposure, but the ****** writers kind of ruin it for the good ones. It really bothers me that people just see the name of the site and assume everyone on it is crap. I look at it kind of like a team. There are the LeBrons and the Wades (or at least the future LeBron's and Wade's, I think the model is intended for young writers to get experience there before their careers gain some traction) and there are the Juwan Howards and Dexter Pittmans.
    Reporting you to BR. Say goodbye to your job.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    As for your defense of BR, I get that you want to be a legitimate writer. HOWEVER, you have to feel that you're ****ing yourself over if you want to write sports being affiliated with BR.

They are trash. You know it, I know it, we all know it. That doesn't mean that there aren't good writers or that they're not full of bad writers who get hot every now and then. But, their name just is garbage. At some point, you need to dissociate with that company, and the sooner the better is probably wise.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    Does anyone else read the SBNation blogs? Each NFL team has their own blog and I think it's basically just ran by fans of each team. They are extremely well written and 10x better than BR.

ex: here's the packers one..... http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eibbor View Post
    There have been too many ex BR ppl that said they were told to make ridiculous headlines and BS stories to bring in hits for the site...

BR is crap
    I think BR is trying to change their image to be a more worthy sports news blog, which is why they're a sponsor to First Take on ESPN. The BR site use to be amateurish which caused me to stop reading it. They might have changed, I don't know, haven't been on that site in a few years.

I agree with everything ntd said above.

P.S. I hope Ray 'OJ' Lewis breaks his neck in the Super Bowl. That would be supreme justice for that dirtbag. He can retire on a stretcher.
    Last edited by AsfanSince99; 01-27-2013 at 02:24 AM.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    niners forum. lets try to keep this type of threads out of the nfl forum.

vCash
    I don't know about Gore. But I can't wait for this stupid harbaugh bowl to be over. Also can't wait for Lewis to fuvk off

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon11 View Post
    I understand Reed is one of the best at his position, but are we really comparing RB vs. Safety? Safety is arguably the least important position on the field, while RB is probably around number two. Gore played behind a horrible offensive line and a stacked box and still was a huge brightspot. Reed has always played in a stacked defense.
    Runningback a are a dime a dozen. Not even close to the secon most important position. So many teams do t even have a featured back

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    You sound dumb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon11 View Post
    I understand Reed is one of the best at his position, but are we really comparing RB vs. Safety? Safety is arguably the least important position on the field, while RB is probably around number two. Gore played behind a horrible offensive line and a stacked box and still was a huge brightspot. Reed has always played in a stacked defense.
    you're not serious, are you?
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    I don't appreciate the notion that Gore can't catch based off of this year alone. The guy has 3 seasons of over 50 receptions and 400 yards receiving. This year we actually have talent at the WR position so now he can't catch because we don't need to throw it to him?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast