Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    This is probably not the place for it, but apparently Martin has found time to write another short story that takes place in Westeros. Titled "The Princess and the Queen" it reportedly takes place around 200 years before the events in Game of Thrones during the Dance of the Dragons.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2545229.html

Should be fun, but I'd rather have book 6 or a new Dunk and Egg tale.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    This is probably not the place for it, but apparently Martin has found time to write another short story that takes place in Westeros. Titled "The Princess and the Queen" it reportedly takes place around 200 years before the events in Game of Thrones during the Dance of the Dragons.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2545229.html

Should be fun, but I'd rather have book 6 or a new Dunk and Egg tale.

-Stork

i really have to get on those dunk and egg stories. i just cant find them anywhere. i agree with you, however, i appreciate all the other stuff he does but i really need this series to be completed before he dies. rumor has it that he expects the last 2 books to be 1500+ pages.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    I may have a hard time watching after the red wedding. I wanted to quit reading after it.
    Really? I can't imagine why.

It was funny, because I had finished the book at this point when you were all prancing about being the king in the north and I was like...tehe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    http://dunkandegg.com/

Three short stories that take place in Westeros about 150 years before the events in Game of Thrones.

They shed light on certain events that take place in A Dance with Dragons.

-Stork
    more GoT material? Oh sweet jesus yes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Really? I can't imagine why.

It was funny, because I had finished the book at this point when you were all prancing about being the king in the north and I was like...tehe
    :cry: yea I can't remember who someone on this site ruined it for me lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Yeah, since it's being split into 2 seasons, then I'd expect the Red Wedding to be the finale. It happened about halfway (maybe a little more than halfway) through the book and I can't think of anything else that would be better to end the season with.
    I think it would be great to end the season with Arya running towards the Red Wedding and then the Hound hitting her causing her to black out. When I read that part in the books, I thought Jon Snow was the only Stark left alive.

vCash
    These short stories are cool and all, but make some Rhaegar ****, guy was made out to be the ultimate alpha male, would love to read more about him.

vCash
    Even though I know he's gone now. I will rep my boy during the season :cry:

Not a bandwagon fan. I was so unprepared for his death when I was finishing the second book and someone on PSD ruined it for me. I still haven't chose my next favorite character. I could be all cliche but I won't pick Tyrion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Even though I know he's gone now. I will rep my boy during the season :cry:

Not a bandwagon fan. I was so unprepared for his death when I was finishing the second book and someone on PSD ruined it for me. I still haven't chose my next favorite character. I could be all cliche but I won't pick Tyrion.
    Thats one of the best things about Martin...he's just brutally honest with his characters, and some get treated horribly. This isn't the kind of fantasy story where you know the protagonist makes it to the finish line with the mate of his/her choice.

I'd advise strongly against getting attached to anyone in particular, because no one is safe. And I really, really like it that way. Although I must confess a huge soft spot for Arya.

BTW....totally off topic, but if you guys enjoyed reading Martin, you should try Patrick Rothfuss. The Kingkiller Chronicle is quite good.

-Stork

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Yes! The Kingkiller Chronicles are awesome. Third book in May, right?

vCash
    Has anybody read the The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen R. Donaldson?

Is like 10 books, the last one is going to be published this year, I have not read it, but a couple of people have mention it to me when they saw me reading A song of Ice and Fire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Has anybody read the The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen R. Donaldson?

Is like 10 books, the last one is going to be published this year, I have not read it, but a couple of people have mention it to me when they saw me reading A song of Ice and Fire.
    The first two trilogies are brilliant. I've read the first two books of the third and despite owning the last book, I've still not read it.

-Stork

vCash
    did the other thread get deleted? I had it bookmarked but it says no thread specified.

"Soft-spoken sweet-smelling Sansa, who loved silks, songs, chivalry and tall gallant knights with handsome faces."

vCash
    I'll be very upset if Strong Belwas isn't in this. Probably my favorite moment involves him (don't wanna spoil it.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IntelligentTard View Post
    I'll be very upset if Strong Belwas isn't in this. Probably my favorite moment involves him (don't wanna spoil it.)
    pretty sure he is not. There is no Whitebeard, either. Selmy reveals himself immediately to Dany. It just wouldn't translate onto the screen. You can fool someone a lot easier in writing.

"Soft-spoken sweet-smelling Sansa, who loved silks, songs, chivalry and tall gallant knights with handsome faces."

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast