he cant catch the ball

they just said that

vCash
    no, I just said that

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    To be honest this lacklaster of rebounding going on with our club is making me sick. For instance, why couldn't Bogut get that rebound that randolph tipped in over him last night? We got out rebounded by not only Memphis, but we got out rebounded against OKC, Phoenix, and Houston. We are flat out not out rebounding our opponents as of late. So let's stop pretending like there is no issue here when there clearly is an issue.

And this is why I don't understand how a team with Bogut and Lee has problems. Memphis has always been a tough team that has used their size to their advantage against us. So are teams such as the Lakes, Magic, and Sacramento. But here is the problem. I don't know if I'm the only seeing this but even with the addition of Andrew Bogut, our problem is still there. Sure, maybe we get a couple of extra shots changed, but we still are getting pushed around and out rebounded consistently. how do you guys not take notice of this?

Is the team just tired? Are they playing differently than at the beginning of the season when they were out rebounding teams by a large deficit?

As far as three's, we are getting beat at our game. I don't care about Curry or thompson hitting the 3 here and there because if you haven't noticed someone on the other team always seems to have a career night against us or someone will beat us at our own game. Yes, Houston was one of them. Teams tend to shoot well against us particularly.

so can someone explain to me what the heck is going on? We add Bogut and we don't look any better in my opinion. Teams still exploit our defense and find ways to make us pay. He was supposed to make an immense difference. We are losing even more rapidly now.
    Last edited by Over Da Pence; 02-09-2013 at 01:40 AM.

vCash
    No issue here. Chill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    No issue here. Chill.

U did NOT just say that!! Guppy you're not worried about what our team has done the last 3 games at least? Bogut even just said if we have one more losing streak like this, we could be sitting out of the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    U did NOT just say that!! Guppy you're not worried about what our team has done the last 3 games at least? Bogut even just said if we have one more losing streak like this, we could be sitting out of the playoffs.
    I am not worried.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    I am not worried.

Not worried? Or do you mean you just don't care? You should be worried. If we lose another 3 and the Blazers and Lakers win 3, our situation will start to look a whole lot more menacing. And how they gonna win if they give up 30 points in the first quarter and 60 per half? Tomorrow another loss eh? You did say it was possible, highly possible, that we would indeed lose these three.

vCash
    I'm extremely worried, ODP has good reason to be worried as well, he's not the only one. I said it before the game Randolph/Gasol kill us everytime. They got every rebound during crunch time and won the hustle plays down the stretch which won them the game. Sadly, Bogut made little to no difference, as I also mentioned prior to tip-off. Of course, Thompson's 15 million stupid turnovers didn't help things either. That being said, the reason I'm very worried is because rebounding is all about desire, wanting the ball more than the other guy and making the hustle plays. We were doing that earlier in the season which is why we had success... but now... the desire is simply not there, that sense of urgency this team needs to be bursting at the seems with in every game in order for them to have a chance to win... is gone, they need to get it back ASAP! I hope this changes after the All Star break and for the remainder of the season because if it doesn't, we could fall out of playoff contention. I'm a firm believer that we will see the post season this year, but lately, I've got some doubts.
    Last edited by GSWJunkie; 02-09-2013 at 05:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GSWJunkie View Post
    I'm extremely worried, ODP has good reason to be worried as well, he's not the only one. I said it before the game Randolph/Gasol kill us everytime. They got every rebound during crunch time and won the hustle plays down the stretch which won them the game. Of course, Thompson's 15 million stupid turnovers didn't help things either. That being said, the reason I'm very worried is because rebounding is all about desire, wanting the ball more than the other guy and making the hustle plays. We were doing that earlier in the season which is why we had success... but now... the desire is simply not there, that sense of urgency this team needs to be bursting at the seems with in every game in order for them to have a chance to win... is gone, they need to get it back ASAP! I hope this changes after the All Star break and for the remainder of the season because if it doesn't, we could fall out of playoff contention. I'm a firm believer that we will see the post season this year, but lately, I've got some doubts.

I respect you and I respect your honest evaluation of what is really going on. There is great reason to be worried. And I think you may be onto something. I think it really does have to do with desire. The Warriors made that push last night against Memphis after being down 15, but they really should have never been down by that many. They were trying to catch up out of desperation. I don't see the same hustle that I used to see. I see Klay continuing to make the most ******** passes. I see people leaving someone open at all times. This isn't like when they played very hard against Miami earlier in the year. They very well could miss the playoffs if they don't decide to show up.

vCash
    this whole thread.

The warriors ARE REBOUNDING.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    this whole thread.

The warriors ARE REBOUNDING.

What game are you watching? Did they win the boards against Memphis, OKC, Houston, or Phoenix? Hell NO

vCash
    What team are you following? The warriors are 12th in rebounding

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Id respect this thread much more if we were 20th or worse...but we arent.

Rebounding is important but there are so many other aspects of the game that are more important.

And you still didnt answer my question regarding dennis rodman and him averaging 18 rebounds over a 7 foot marc gasol who can barely average 10.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    Id respect this thread much more if we were 20th or worse...but we arent.

Rebounding is important but there are so many other aspects of the game that are more important.

And you still didnt answer my question regarding dennis rodman and him averaging 18 rebounds over a 7 foot marc gasol who can barely average 10.

St. Jean actually said we are 15th now. So we have slid Mack. You know why rebounding is important? We are giving up so many 2nd chance points, it's pitiful. You don't get pissed when we can't grab a rebound? It also seems like for some reason whenever the opposition launches a 3, they get their own rebound against us.

As far as Rodman and Gasol. what does that have to do with us? we don't have dennis rodman. Gasol, they say he lacks rebounds because Randolph gobbles them up instead, Gasol focuses more on defense. We aren't rebounding though. We give up so many frustrating 2nd chance points off of the other teams offensive boards.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast