The city where I live recently made it to where everybody within city limits has to comply to the following waste disposal/trash guidelines
- Every property owner in the city limits will pay a monthly $24 fee (It used to be $12 a month and was optional) for trash pickup to be added into their water bill.
- Residents are only allowed to use city supplied trash cans and are to be given the first one and billed $75. If they wish they can purchase 1 additional can for another $75. (It is pretty much a $25 trash can with the city logo stamped all over it).
- The cans have to be within a certain distance from and near the road. If the cans are found in the road or damaged they will be disposed and the citizen will be charged an additional $75 for a replacement trash can.
- The cans must have sealed lids or service for that week will be refused. If there are any additional bags or garbage that are not within the sealed city trash cans service for the week will be refused.
- This goes into effect on February 1st
Its bull**** in my opinion
(1) So everybody that lives in the city limits are gonna have to pay an additional $24 per month and at least $75 and for most people $150 for the cans. It doesn't matter if you generate enough trash to require the service you are still gonna have to pay.
(2) These "city" trash cans are pretty much $25 trash cans that they put their stamp on and are making people pay $75 for....
(3) If you have a big family 2 of these trash cans are not gonna do the job. My neighbors have 7 in their family and use 4 trash cans. So now they are only allowed to use 2 so he will be forced to pay for this service and still have to make trips to the dump on his own time.
(4) What is to stop them from just taking your cans and saying they are broken and making you pay $75? What if they are stolen? What about vandalism? If somebody comes down the street and bashes my trash can I'm out $75....
I don't think this is right at all especially considering all the stipulations.