Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Titans set to announce hiring of Gregg Williams

According to Adam Schefter via Twitter .... The big question is whether he will be an assistant coach or defensive coordinator? Jerry Gray was an assistant under Gregg Williams when he was the Defensive Coordinator under Jeff Fisher.

Either way even if Jerry Gray remains as the Defensive Coordinator he will have a short leash with Gregg Williams standing there capable of taking his place.
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 01-26-2013 at 09:02 PM. Reason: additional content

vCash
    Gray will remain as the DC.

vCash
    Disgraceful. The NFL is a joke. This guys "indefinite" ban is gonna last only a year. Just on principle, and a show of good faith considering the landslide of lawsuits the NFL is facing regarding player safety, this guy should have been banned for at least 2 years. 5 years in my opinion!

vCash
    this would be a perfect signing for the Titans

vCash
    Gregg Williams? Have fun with that

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Gregg Williams? Have fun with that
    This is a great signing..hopefullly give our players a little more "nasty"! we looked sooo soft at times
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

vCash
    I still think looking at the coaching staff that he is kinda being brought in as insurance in case they decide in midseason to fire Mike Munchak or Jerry Gray. At least now they have somebody that can step in and fill those spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jchase3 View Post
    this would be a perfect signing for the Titans
    I believe you could go either way with this hire, personally. In terms of the coach, this is a great hire, due to Williams ability to coach defenses up and have them perform at a high level. In terms of the man, I am certainly embarrassed the Titans would have even considered this move.

vCash
    I'm back and forth on this but it cant hurt IMO. Guys a good coach just a piece of crap.

vCash
    You know I’m going to compare him to Pete Rose. Please for the love God I’m not saying he adds up to anywhere near Pete Rose. Gregg Williams the coach is a great D coordinator like Pete Rose the baseball player was a phenomenal baseball player (possibly one of the best) IMO but, Gregg Williams the person is a total scumbag. Just like Pete Rose he was a total Scumbag for cheating on Baseball. I think What Gregg Williams did was far worse than gambling on baseball. Coaching wise he is a great addition to our team. But it also makes the Titans look like they are desperate for help. This is just my OPINION. So go ahead and blast me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boy_coy16 View Post
    You know I’m going to compare him to Pete Rose. Please for the love God I’m not saying he adds up to anywhere near Pete Rose. Gregg Williams the coach is a great D coordinator like Pete Rose the baseball player was a phenomenal baseball player (possibly one of the best) IMO but, Gregg Williams the person is a total scumbag. Just like Pete Rose he was a total Scumbag for cheating on Baseball. I think What Gregg Williams did was far worse than gambling on baseball. Coaching wise he is a great addition to our team. But it also makes the Titans look like they are desperate for help. This is just my OPINION. So go ahead and blast me.
    I don't think anybody can disagree with anything you said.... It all just comes down to whether you care more about integrity or winning really. Personally I would rather see them struggle with high character guys than win with a roster of scumbags. I don't want my community being represented in that light.

vCash
    This defense needs a personality, intensity and some aggressiveness. Williams brings all 3, I love the hire and hope it really does happen. And like already stated, He can take over for Gray or Munchak if need be.

vCash
    i do not want Gregg Williams as our intermediate head coach if Munchak gets fired. just that image that will be put on our Organization...

vCash
    Another area where I possibly don't like this is that apparently he will be the assistant defensive coordinator or something of that fashion. So if the defense does improve who gets the credit Jerry Gray or Gregg Williams?

I don't want to possibly be in a spot where the defense improves because of Gregg Williams and then he leaves for another job and we find out that Jerry Gray is still a bad defensive coordinator down the road.

vCash
    I can't possibly see where Greg Williams is bad for this team. Whether what happened in New Orleans occured or not I do not care because the man put a pretty good defensive unit on the field. The Titans that I know and love were dominant on D above all else and this team would have trouble stopping a girl scout troop from scoring. Maybe that is exactly what this team needs is an infusion of "nasty" on the defense... these guys were awful this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast