Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Draft Thread

vCash

Draft Thread

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is a late 1st early second round player I like. guys should watch him, He is a SG at Georgia. He has a high ceiling and we can always buy a late first to draft him. Depending on how does in summer league and training camp and how our bench shakes out either stash him in d-league or give him 10-15 minutes a game rookie year.

I wanted BJ Young but he is going inside top 20, prob in mid to early teens. I firmly believe we will make the playoffs so we wont have a first, at least not one soon enough to take him. He is a SG out of Arkansas though and I do encourage you to look into him.

vCash
    Isaiah Austin

/thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElFuturoDeESPN View Post
    Isaiah Austin

/thread
    Sim Austin!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elfuturodeespn View Post
    isaiah austin

/thread
    yesssss!

vCash
    or James mcadoo. I dont think we will make the playoffs and mcadoo wont be in the top 10.

vCash
    I am guaranteeing 100% fact no chance in h ell I am wrong what West playoffs will be.

OKC
    San Antonio
    Clippers
    Griz
    Warrios
    Nuggets
    Blazers
    Rockets

That will be the seeding. No chance of us not making it how the season is shaping up in W. Jazz are going to lose at least half remaining games and fall the F out. Lakers stand no shot at getting in. That leaves Rockets and us battling for 7/8 spot. We get Spurs first round and Rockets get Thunder.

vCash
    You also said beginning of the season you guarantee the nuggets wouldn't be in...

vCash
    Shen If the blazers get in AND the lakers don't, I will not disagree with you for two weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    I am guaranteeing 100% fact no chance in h ell I am wrong what West playoffs will be.

OKC
    San Antonio
    Clippers
    Griz
    Warrios
    Nuggets
    Blazers
    Rockets

That will be the seeding. No chance of us not making it how the season is shaping up in W. Jazz are going to lose at least half remaining games and fall the F out. Lakers stand no shot at getting in. That leaves Rockets and us battling for 7/8 spot. We get Spurs first round and Rockets get Thunder.
    Grizzles will fall not out of contention, just out of that rank. I think the loss of Gay will hurt them more than they think.

As much as I hate to say it, I don't believe we will make the playoffs this season. Not because we aren't a good team but because there are better teams ahead of us with a WAY better bench. A bench is huge down the stretch. Our Starting 5 can't play the whole game.

vCash
    I completely agree on everything you said. Everyone that is fighting for seeds 8-5 is playing better basketball than us. Lakers, Dallas, Houston, Utah, Denver, GS, Mem etc. and the second half of the season is looming which is a huge disadvantage for us because of our cumulative minutes being acquired by our starters.

Toronto took a risk financially, and they are crippled for future moves. However, they are better than they were before the trade. Gay is having his worst season yet, but he is capable of being an all star. Derozen, Bargnani, Lowry, Gay, all 27 and under. they have young potential in jonas valanciunas, terrence ross, quincy acy. Then they have depth of rotational players with landry fields, mikael pietrus, Amir Johnson etc. IF and it is a huge IF, they get a coach that get them to buy in to a efficient system, they can be a playoff team in the East. The only bad side of the trade, and the only one the "experts" are mentioning, is the finances.

For Mem, all championship teams have a star perimeter player, always have been. Lebron, Dirk (post/perimeter)/Terry, Kobe, Manu/Parker, Billups, Pierce/rondo, etc etc. Gay at times can be clutch, take the huge shots and take a game over (this season is a poor indicator). having a 3 that can drive and shoot 3's can put such a strain on defenses ala batum. ZBo has what, 2-3 years of putting up the numbers he has been? then they have no one able to carry the offense. i see them being 5-4 seed for the next couple years and then to be honest, 8th-7th and falling out of playoffs and in to rebuild mode...unless they hit it big with someone like wroten. Financially they are looking pretty good, but the talent has dropped.
    Last edited by RC27; 02-02-2013 at 06:15 PM.

vCash
    If Blazers keep their 1st rd pick I would think they go after Anthony Bennett or Archie Goodwin.
    2nd rd pick I think they either go with a guy like Jeff Withey, a defensive big man who could step right in and play. Or Doug McDermott, a sharp shooter... a catch and shoot guy, could be the next kyle korver.

vCash
    i am fairly confident they will look for a SF/PF. they are going to get a vet in FA that can play pg or sg or even both. they need a forward. babbit is gone leaving no one at SF. out of the rookies no named lillard, (Barton, Claver, Leonard, Freeland) Barton has shown to be the most effective and improvement from day one IMO. He can get to the lane and finish.

I Like 2 guys. Isaiah Austin and James Mcadoo. Mcadoo is more the sure bet, but Austin has INCREDIBLE potential, but also a potential to be a bust lol. both will be around 11-15

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbc View Post
    If Blazers keep their 1st rd pick I would think they go after Anthony Bennett or Archie Goodwin.
    2nd rd pick I think they either go with a guy like Jeff Withey, a defensive big man who could step right in and play. Or Doug McDermott, a sharp shooter... a catch and shoot guy, could be the next kyle korver.
    None of the guys you mentioned have a shot at being available for a Blazers pick. McDermott won't leave school to be the 40th guy picked in the draft. Bennnett goes top 5, Whithey goes in the 20s, and MAYBE Goodwin. Is available, but I'd rather have Mac. He plays a lot like Aldridge