Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Deal fell through... he failed his physical

Per Katie Strang via twitter

#NYR Tentative one-year deal between Rangers and Jason Arnott is OFF, source tells ESPN NY. Was not cleared by NYR team doctors -- Katie Strang (@KatieStrangESPN)
    Last edited by nyteamsports09; 01-27-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimisticNot View Post
    Idk how much they signed him for, but try this amazing website: www.google.com

vCash
    wow, I wonder what the problem was. He wasn't suffering from a concussion was he?

vCash
    Well that sucks...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    wow i what the problem was. He wasn't suffering from a concussion was he?
    He had knee surgery in the off season.. so that could have something to do with it

#NYR Not immediately known what prevented NYR docs from clearing Arnott but was apparently significant enough to nullify deal -- Katie Strang (@KatieStrangESPN)
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimisticNot View Post
    Idk how much they signed him for, but try this amazing website: www.google.com

vCash
    He had a shoulder injury last year also besides the knee. I was excited to hear the signed him.
    Last edited by NYR_NYJ; 01-27-2013 at 09:29 PM.

vCash
    Wow that sucks azz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR_NYJ View Post
    He had a shoulder injury last year also besides the knee. I was excited to hear the signed him.
    Rangers declined to state why Arnott failed his physcial, but word is they are in talks with several other FA's. No names discussed, so I wonder who else they have on their radar. Hopefully somebody a bit faster than Arnott. I was thinking that his lack of speed was going to be the only issue, but he certainly would have helped our PP.

Still sounds as if the Rangers are after somebody else though!

vCash
    If you think this sucks for us,think of how much it sucks for him!

vCash
    Wish we tried to keep Zooks. He would be a big improvement on the bottom 2 lines and he could also help the PP.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apdamico View Post
    Rangers declined to state why Arnott failed his physcial, but word is they are in talks with several other FA's. No names discussed, so I wonder who else they have on their radar. Hopefully somebody a bit faster than Arnott. I was thinking that his lack of speed was going to be the only issue, but he certainly would have helped our PP.

Still sounds as if the Rangers are after somebody else though!
    Wonder who it could be, it's been so long that I forget who else is even still available out there!!! Any ideas?

Arnott would've been perfect the perfect addition, both PP help and veteran leadership... still a bit bummed by this news

vCash
    Supposedly kicking the tires on Langkow, Morrison, and Dvorak as possible alternatives. I'd take a chance on Langkow, he can still somewhat produce.... pass on the other two though

vCash
    I'd be looking at Dominic Moore myself, I know his wife just passed away not so long ago but the guy is a fast player who could play anywhere from the second line down and is a really good penalty killer to boot. Plus he's not over the hill, only 32.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12